Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

at the lastest driver 343.02.03.b04 is at the NVDAStartup.kext in the Info.plist only

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
			<string>14D</string>

so the update to the last public Beta was possible without troubles.

Driver will work for all 10.10.3 Versions with Build 14D.... Versions

Edit: Update to 14D130a without troubles

Edited by FusselFux

Hey guys! I am in the thick of it trying to figure out what went wrong. Currently running OS 10.10.2 and I had 2 X 780 Ti's installed and working on my mac pro 5,1

Everything worked great CUDA, Dirvers and then I updated with yesterdays Nvidia driver update and it all broke. Tried to revert back to the older settings but seem to be unable to get it working.

I have since reverted back to the old ATI card to try and get things up and running again but it seems with the new 780ti its only picking up as "NVIDIA chip model" with 128mb VRAM. Not sure what to do... any insights or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys! I am in the thick of it trying to figure out what went wrong. Currently running OS 10.10.2 and I had 2 X 780 Ti's installed and working on my mac pro 5,1

Everything worked great CUDA, Dirvers and then I updated with yesterdays Nvidia driver update and it all broke. Tried to revert back to the older settings but seem to be unable to get it working.

I have since reverted back to the old ATI card to try and get things up and running again but it seems with the new 780ti its only picking up as "NVIDIA chip model" with 128mb VRAM. Not sure what to do... any insights or help would be greatly appreciated.

I just updated to 10.3.3 and now my nvidia drivers are saying that they are not supported. I tried to rollback to a previous driver I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and then tried to reinstall them and now they are giving me this message:

gnuiq8o.png

This is my system by the way

z97x-ud7 th

i7-4790k

evga gtx 980

32gb ram 

I just updated to 10.3.3 and now my nvidia drivers are saying that they are not supported. I tried to rollback to a previous driver I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and then tried to reinstall them and now they are giving me this message:

This is my system by the way

z97x-ud7 th

i7-4790k

evga gtx 980

32gb ram 

Try installing 346 series driver instead of older 343.

Use beta driver meant for 10.10.3 listed on first page of this thread.

Thank you. I went through the processes outlined in this thread. I downloaded the beta driver. Installed with Pacifist. Rebuilt the cache. Repaired permissions. I feel like I did everything that people said worked for them. Currently my monitor goes directly to sleep after booting. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance! 

Thank you. I went through the processes outlined in this thread. I downloaded the beta driver. Installed with Pacifist. Rebuilt the cache. Repaired permissions. I feel like I did everything that people said worked for them. Currently my monitor goes directly to sleep after booting. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

If you are using Clover with UEFI boot type - try going BIOS and set OS type to "Windows 8" and make CSM to "Never" - this worked for me in 10.10.2 but not 10.10.3 but I think my 5K monitor complicates things. Funny that 5K monitor works but my 4K doesn't in 10.10.3.

You can also try to boot with the monitor off and turn it on when you are sure you have gotten to desktop. That worked in the past for me as well....not ideal.

If you are using Clover with UEFI boot type - try going BIOS and set OS type to "Windows 8" and make CSM to "Never" - this worked for me in 10.10.2 but not 10.10.3 but I think my 5K monitor complicates things. Funny that 5K monitor works but my 4K doesn't in 10.10.3.

You can also try to boot with the monitor off and turn it on when you are sure you have gotten to desktop. That worked in the past for me as well....not ideal.

Thank you! I'll try this. 

That really is strange about your 4k not working when your 5k is... that makes antisense. 

Update:

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Although, it did look promising because the aspect ratio of the icons and the text in the boot loader were restored to native rather than being stretched out. I'm back on igfx for the time being until this can get sorted out. 

thanks again!

Same exact error message..... :cry:

Is there any way to rollback OS x?

You can rollback using Combo update file or in-place reinstall of OS X (I usually rollback by reinstalling from Mac AppStore file or upgrade using Combo update file)

You can rollback using Combo update file or in-place reinstall of OS X (I usually rollback by reinstalling from Mac AppStore file or upgrade using Combo update file)

Maybe a stupid question, but I have never rolled backwards before. Will reinstalling the OS erase applications and such, or will they all still be in place?

Thanks!

Maybe a stupid question, but I have never rolled backwards before. Will reinstalling the OS erase applications and such, or will they all still be in place?

Thanks!

I was too afraid that I would ruin everything by reinstalling 10.10.2 using Pacifist so I decided not to.

I went to nvidia's website to see if there was anything I could find that might help me get my screen to post using my graphics card. I noticed that the driver said for MacPro 3,1 4,1 and 5,1 only. So I tried to reset my system definition to MacPro 5,1. That wouldn't even let me boot in safe mode. So after trying a few boot args, I went into the SMBIOS in the bootloader and changed the definition from MacPro 5,1 to iMac 15,1 and the who thing booted right up and the monitor WORKED! After trying that again to make sure it would boot again, I went into the config.plist and changed the definition title only (just as I was doing at the bootloader).. That didn't work.

This whole process is really frustrating. I need to learn how to leave "good enough" alone.. AT LEAST until I find that almost everyone is posting success stories with detailed outlines. 

Hey everyone.

I have Yosemite 10.10.2 10C1510, with WebDriver 343.02.02f03. I haven't updated the system to 10C1514 yet. How do I go about doing this. The NVIDIA Driver Manager says that there are no updates. Can I install the 346 driver while still on 10C1510 or do I need to update the system first (how will the installed driver behave in that case).

Will the system boot normally or will I have to boot it with GraphicsEnabler=false nv_disable=1 after the system update.

always, make a backup before !

the system will boot normally, perhaps using osx nvidia driver, if it's incompatible - then you need to update nvidia.