Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installed it with clover boot loader on my 3 rd HDD which is formated as GPT

i have windows 7 on 1st HDD in MBR disk

now how to boot to OS X from window 7 using windows bootloader (i dont have UEFI bios) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pls help :( :( :( :(

my spec:

Cpu:Intel core i7 870

Gpu msi GTX 560ti

MB Asus Maximus III Gene

3HDD

1st HDD win 7 (MBR)

2HDD no os (MBR)

3HDD mac os x with clover (GPT)

• 2 weeks later...

"[Public Beta Update]  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

"

I dont understand this -  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions) - installing PB2.

I have used that command on USB Stick and it seems that it copied the .app with content to USB Stick.

But it is not bootable i think (on PC using chameleon!) - must i use the other commands insted (copy /install pkg like before with 10.7/10.8/10.9 ?

Is the above command only for real macs (or using clover?) and for chameleon the old way must be used?

"[Public Beta Update]  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

"

I dont understand this -  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions) - installing PB2.

I have used that command on USB Stick and it seems that it copied the .app with content to USB Stick.

But it is not bootable i think (on PC using chameleon!) - must i use the other commands insted (copy /install pkg like before with 10.7/10.8/10.9 ?

Is the above command only for real macs (or using clover?) and for chameleon the old way must be used?

You r right, i tried it but did not boot

"Is the above command only for real macs (or using clover?) and for chameleon the old way must be used?

For DP, Terminal/restore creates the installer  (current script and v2 script)

For PB, Terminal/createinstallmedia creates the installer (v2 script)

Using the incorrect method results in an unbootable installer.  

With Clover and createinstallmedia (PB) installer, drivers64UEFI/HFSplus.efi driver is required; VBoxHfs-65.efi does not support installs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I tried this on an Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with Yosemite Beta 4, Clover r2953 and FakeSMC from HWSensors 6.11.1328.

I copied Yosemite with the script for public beta, installed Clover with the installer and manually copied FakeSMC into 'OS X Base System/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10'. I also tried installing Clover into the EFI partition.

In both cases I got stuck at 'Verifying DMI pool data' when I tried to start from the stick.

The same machine boots under 10.6 and 10.8 via Chameleon. I am completely new to Clover. Do I need to configure something for Clover to work?

EDIT: Is it possible that newer bootloaders don't work with older boards? I reformatted the stick, copied Yosemite with the script again and installed Chameleon-2.2svn-r2401 on it. Now the machine stops booting even earlier, when it just recognised the processor.

For DP, Terminal/restore creates the installer  (current script and v2 script)

For PB, Terminal/createinstallmedia creates the installer (v2 script)

Using the incorrect method results in an unbootable installer.  

With Clover and createinstallmedia (PB) installer, drivers64UEFI/HFSplus.efi driver is required; VBoxHfs-65.efi does not support installs.

Where can I find HFSplus.efi?

it might be an issue about driver64UEFI

Thank you! I had not gotten that far: I did not realise that the default install didn't install the bootloader on the MBR.

yes my problem is with final yosemite version. My usb install pen wont work as supposed. I used this topic to make all my usb's for install betas and GMC's. And all work.

No sure if the problem is this new scipt or last clover. Clover boot fine, but seems like missing something on pen, won't start the installation. I tried every boot options.

yes my problem is with final yosemite version. My usb install pen wont work as supposed. I used this topic to make all my usb's for install betas and GMC's. And all work.

No sure if the problem is this new scipt or last clover. Clover boot fine, but seems like missing something on pen, won't start the installation. I tried every boot options.

I've already done a few installs with this method with no problems...  I'll retest again and post back.