Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

re:NSCXP2005

Just to be clear,  need to create Mavericks1094.iso (12 steps) from Install.app ,

Download Yosemite PB1 from internet (12 steps do not work on PB1)

Use each ISO to create a VM.

this from some other gentleman, (no from me)

12 steps

1 hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_app

2 hdiutil convert /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg -format UDSP -o /tmp/Mavericks

3 hdiutil resize -size 8g /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage

4 hdiutil attach /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint /Volumes/install_build

5 rm /Volumes/install_build/System/Installation/Packages

6 cp -rp /Volumes/install_app/Packages /Volumes/install_build/System/Installation/

7 hdiutil detach /Volumes/install_app

8 hdiutil detach /Volumes/install_build

————————————————————————————

9 hdiutil resize -size `hdiutil resize -limits /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $1 }'`b /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage

10 hdiutil convert /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage -format UDTO -o /tmp/Mavericks

11 rm /tmp/Mavericks.sparseimage

12 mv /tmp/Mavericks.cdr ~/Desktop/Mavericks.iso

[DP1 - DP2 - DP3 - DP4 - DP5]

Download the zip file attached and extract. (yosemite_installer.command.zip). "Big thanks to toleda"

Format a 8GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it Install.

Note: This process assumes your Install.app resides in Applications.

To run: double click the installer, a Terminal window appears, enter password and watch it go. (great time for a beverage) :P

I've left the commands below for those interested in what the script is doing.

sudo hdiutil attach ~n/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

sudo asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Install -erase -format HFS+

sudo rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System

This is no more than what Apple does in their "CreateInstallMediaApp".  If installing to a Real Mac stop here, you're done.

[Public Beta Update]  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Install Clover r2696 (or newer) to the Install USB.

Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10  (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}

Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected kext”

Install Yosemite. Boot to USB again and select your Yosemite HD or SSD "with injected kext" to complete the installation.

install your kext to S/L/E. Install Clover to your boot drive.

Done

Please post Clover questions here.

Clover: Thanks Slice and the dev team. Clover

Only question - for legacy boot, should Clover be installed to the ESP?

[DP1 - DP2 - DP3 - DP4 - DP5]

Download the zip file attached and extract. (yosemite_installer.command.zip). "Big thanks to toleda"

Format a 8GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it Install.

Note: This process assumes your Install.app resides in Applications.

To run: double click the installer, a Terminal window appears, enter password and watch it go. (great time for a beverage) :P

I've left the commands below for those interested in what the script is doing.

sudo hdiutil attach ~n/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

sudo asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Install -erase -format HFS+

sudo rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System

This is no more than what Apple does in their "CreateInstallMediaApp".  If installing to a Real Mac stop here, you're done.

[Public Beta Update]  (Do not use attached script, it is intended for DP versions)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Install Clover r2696 (or newer) to the Install USB.

Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10  (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}

Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected kext”

Install Yosemite. Boot to USB again and select your Yosemite HD or SSD "with injected kext" to complete the installation.

install your kext to S/L/E. Install Clover to your boot drive.

Done

Please post Clover questions here.

Clover: Thanks Slice and the dev team. Clover

What Clover options for award bios?

Hello everyone i have a HP ProBook 4720s laptop. i used method described at beggining of topic. and i copied files which were located on USB install drive to HDD partition using restore function in disk utility in mavericks because booting directly from USB was not successful. now i can get mac os utilities screen but touchpad and keyboard are not working, also i get a bunch of errors and warnings during boot in verbose mode.

EDIT: added two more pictures

post-1384762-0-73369400-1407442723_thumb.jpg

post-1384762-0-42392200-1407592616_thumb.jpg

post-1384762-0-11075100-1407592657_thumb.jpg

re:Lieutenant commander Data

error messages ok, unsigned kexts were forced to load.

Try any versions of voodooPS2controller kext, keyboard will work, need to test different version of PS2 controller to make touch pad  work.

Copy VoodooPS2Controller kext to SLE, boot to single user mode to fix permission and ownership and reboot will work.

• Like 1

re:Lieutenant commander Data

error messages ok, unsigned kexts were forced to load.

Try any versions of voodooPS2controller kext, keyboard will work, need to test different version of PS2 controller to make touch pad  work.

Copy VoodooPS2Controller kext to SLE, boot to single user mode to fix permission and ownership and reboot will work.

hello. i think i SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!! :))))  i downloadeded latest copy of fakesmc for yosemite, then downloaded synaptics ps2 trackpad kext and then all of this copied to install partition in  EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 (as described in this topic) . i think that clover automaticly injects these kexts into system. i was able to run installation and install yosemite but now clover can t see yosemite partition. i shutdown computer and went to a birthday party :)) logically, i think that solution is to install clover in mavericks to yosemite partition  and use mentioned kexts. thank you for assistance. God bless you!!!

EDIT: these new two picures i added were been taken before than i used the solution above.

Yes now working all.Thank's I follow guid and now working all Ok.

Can you tell me your steps for the 580GTX?

So I just get stuck in the beginning "/Users/Ru1Sous4/Downloads/yosemite_installer.command: cannot execute binary file"

i ve MADE IT!! :))) when i ran the install process and after the process ended i shutdowned the computer. then i booted again from install drive and the instalation process continued. after install was finished, in mavericks i installed clover on EFI system partition and copied kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 folder on efi system partition. then i rebooted computer and after entered into yosemite!! i used

Clover_v2k_r2780_Special Edition_Yosemite Beta thank you guys!! sorry for my bad english.

Can you tell me your steps for the 580GTX?

So I just get stuck in the beginning "/Users/Ru1Sous4/Downloads/yosemite_installer.command: cannot execute binary file"

Inject NVidia and VBiosPatch.This is my way for my Card and I have a same GPU MSI.

Hi all,

I have a legacy BIOS EP45-UD3LR, the clover install USB stick works fine to boot from, install starts fine, seems to end fine, but after reboot all that is on the new system disk is a folder called "OS X Install Data", and obviously this won't boot even from the Clover install USB stick.

System disk (120Gb SSD) partitioned as GPT into 2 partitions; 64Gb "Yosemite" and remaining 55Gb "Data".

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Kailee.

... never mind ... It went through a secondary install stage - didn't know it had to reboot once and carry on installing ...

Everything except sound works but working on that now.

Sorry for the noise.

Kailee.

• Like 1

Ok everything works now including FaceTime, iMessage etc.

However; I (mistakenly?) installed Clover onto the EFI partition and now it gets mounted and shown on the desktop. Is there any way to to have it mounted? I already checked with disk for the partition type etc but it all looks the way it should...

Anyone know how to fix this?

thanks in advance,

Kailee.

Hm well I reinstalled now being careful to install Clover to the System root... And just after I install the RealtekRTL8111 drivers to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts on the Yosemite partition the EFI System Partition reappeared on my desktop.

Seems some system to this now - is there any way to get rid of it again?

Many thanks,

Kailee.