Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

I got the same thing... "still waiting for root devices" here is how I got mine to boot -

-it doesn't matter if the clover is 2853 or 2953 -

-Simplify the config file -

-Make sure the to put both AHCI_3rd_party.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the "10.10" kext folder + the FakeSMC.kext version 6.13 from rehabman.

-Here is the kicker- Put the boot installer with clover on the right hand side (or left) next to the AC input (USB2.0 and charging) - Put a USB drive into the other side of the laptop (if you 3 USB, plug the rest in) - If for some reasons, the boot doesn't see any other USB on other ports, it just doesn't turn on the usb and there is your "still waiting for root devices"

I'll post some pictures soon. I'm loving the yosemite, but haven't been able to boot from my UEFI yet.

Cheers,

Louis

Did you try to boot with nv_disable=1 and install NVIDIA Web Driver?

yes thank you it works

but i cant seem to install clover as UEFI/ESP on my HDD, my bios/uefi only finds "(UEFI)usb stick" not "(uefi) sata hdd".

It works when I install clover as MBR but not as uefi :(

I'm already injecting nvidia other way it gets stuck before. I will try take a look for the VTd in my BIOS.

Intel Virtualization Thecnology is already disable too :/ still I will try add add the dart=0

Is this on the Asus in your sig? Attach config.plist.

Are you injecting kexts? Is FakeSMC in EFI>kexts>10.10

No I did not. I didn't use those because in my GM version I didn't need it. Still I get the FakeSMC from 10.9 of my EFI HD and add it to the USB in the 10.10 folder directory that I have to create and it work :)

Where should I get the FakeSMC and other kext that you talk about in the main post? (I use the ones in my EFI HD of my usable Yosemite GM.