Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

Hello all, after following this guide when I attempt to boot the Yosemite USB stick I'm stuck at the gray Apple screen. I don't get the spinning loading animation just a hang at the logo. I also don't have the spacebar option to load with kexts, only to load without kexts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

This is the same symptom I am having - Have you tried hitting space at the Clover prompt after selecting your boot drive and selecting verbose? If I select verbose it will boot successfully.

Frank

Hi Frank, verbose doesn't work for me. I tried making a Clover USB installer for Mavericks the same way to see if that would work and it doesn't either. My hardware: i5-4570s Haswell, Asus Z87 motherboard, HD4600 graphics, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz. 

Follow this video.Very,very easy install Yosemite Beta.II set up a video for beginners...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khqe_4JJ5o

I'm stuck on the stage in the video where you go to Chameleon Wizard and have to point it to the Chameleon i386 folder - where do I get that from? I assume I have to extract the Chameleon Folder? but how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

I'm stuck on the stage in the video where you go to Chameleon Wizard and have to point it to the Chameleon i386 folder - where do I get that from? I assume I have to extract the Chameleon Folder? but how do I do that?

Thanks in advance

You gotta let you know where you are located binary folder i386 and install via chameleon wizard.

Go to the Chameleon wizard/press to install/Folder to disk/select/serch your folder i386 on destination where they he is located/select folder i386/change target partition to your USB/and press install.

You gotta let you know where you are located binary folder i386 and install via chameleon wizard.

Go to the Chameleon wizard/press to install/Folder to disk/select/serch your folder i386 on destination where they he is located/select folder i386/change target partition to your USB/and press install.

Thanks for your reply...but I'm unable to find i386

This has become way OT... Your video should be in a Chameleon thread...

This has become way OT... Your video should be in a Chameleon thread...

I see that it is not for Chameleon,but perhaps it is easier for an over Chameleon.

Sorry for the bad set message here.

Thanks for your reply...but I'm unable to find i386

You go to this LINK

Iz zip folder you have a i386.

@ Snatch , how are you ?

I remember your old nickname ..

My sincere compliments to this script. But a small question to ask regarding the flag kext -dev-mode = 1, I knew that with the new rev of clover, you do not need more of this flag, you confirm that?

• Like 1

I see that it is not for Chameleon,but perhaps it is easier for an over Chameleon.

Sorry for the bad set message here.

You go to this LINK

Iz zip folder you have a i386.

Thanks in advance but can you share your extra & kexts folders??

Thanks again

@ Snatch , how are you ?

I remember your old nickname ..

My sincere compliments to this script. But a small question to ask regarding the flag kext -dev-mode = 1, I knew that with the new rev of clover, you do not need more of this flag, you confirm that?

There was a conversation 'bout Clover adding it by default but I don't see any change log that says that happened...  I assume it did not as you can remove the string and all is fine until you clear cache... Guess I'll test it again.

EDIT: @magnifico, boots fine without it...

• Like 1

Thanks for this.  :thumbsup_anim:

I managed to get the first step of the Installation done but after rebooting and booting to my USB, clover doesn't show the new Yosemite partition at all so I can't complete the installation   :(

Any ideas?

DangerMouse76,

I got the same issue. Im gonna try and reinstall?Did you ever get this fixed?

Spang1974

Edit: Went ahead and reformatted the partition and reinstalled. That did the trick:) Yosemite now boots with absolutely no issues using standard Clover configuration. Have updated, and restarted several times without a hitch.

DangerMouse76,

I got the same issue. Im gonna try and reinstall?Did you ever get this fixed?

Spang1974

"Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected kext”

Install Yosemite. Boot to USB again and select your Yosemite HD or SSD "with injected kext" to complete the installation.

install your kext to S/L/E. Install Clover to your boot drive.  Done"

Post a sceenie showing what you options you selected select when installing Clover to your HD.

There was a conversation 'bout Clover adding it by default but I don't see any change log that says that happened... I assume it did not as you can remove the string and all is fine until you clear cache... Guess I'll test it again.

EDIT: @magnifico, boots fine without it...

I had no doubt about this, then it is useless to use that flag ...lol

This Chameleon Version tested and working:   Chameleon-2.2svn-r2391

I am posting this from Yosemite Public Beta on GA-EP43 with Q8400, ATI6450, chameleon r2391.

plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000, -v, -f  , kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>9</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Note:  -v and -f   has no effects.

This Chameleon Version tested and working:   Chameleon-2.2svn-r2391

I am posting this from Yosemite Public Beta on GA-EP43 with Q8400, ATI6450, chameleon r2391.

plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>9</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Like this....

re: ekica  simple plist,

without  kext-dev-mode=1,  voodoohda will not be loaded, and some other kexts too.

if you make some change to kexts, examples: testing different Audio/Nic Kexts,  without -f,  you will end in reboot loop.

P.S.

Chameleon still assume kernel is on root and named mach_kernel,

<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
is required, or, you can type this on boot.
  • Like 1