Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

If I installed Clover (last revision) only in UEFI mode, my computer restarts after Clover load UUID.

If I installed Clover in MBR, I can boot, kexts for ethernets (I have intele1000/realtek8111) successfully loaded but, something is wrong with AirPortBrcm43224(WiFi) because kernel panic.

I was try add modified IO kernel as i made in maverciks, but kernel still panic. Screen is below. 

Here´s my computer info: 

R9 290 (2x but for install I reduce to one)
Seasonic X750
16GB Crucial Ballistix, 4GB Kingston
1SSD, 1HDD, 1 Fireware Card (i was try removed), Watercooling

boot args: kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

EDITZ: OK. I solved this problem for now. (I disable WiFi on BIOS...)

New problem is after type exit in single user mode, graphic installer won´t start! I feel he is started because if i press key, installer say basic start sentence... i was try another graphic card but i have same problem... Screen in link below. Thanks.

Where you using Clover when running Mavericks? Install Clover UEFI and try the attached config.plist. You may find you'll get more help in the Clover thread.

config.plist.zip

when boot into usb, I stuck at still waiting for root device

I'm using a laptop with 3.0 usb port, I've try to put 3.0 kext in both s/l/e and clover/kext/10.10 but still not work. any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear snatch, I am making an automated install for Yosemite usb's I have given proper credit in the scripts, .commands (I split them into pieces) and when you run the application, there are 3 buttons, snatch, Toleda, and start. I have linked the appropriate profiles and given appropriate credit in the introduction dialog. Am I ok to implement the commands?

• 4 weeks later...

I am close :)

Using Clover to install OSX 10.10 Beta.

Using legacy boot.

If I boot by just hitting return at Clover screen, the boot process hangs with the Apple displayed. If I boot by using spacebar->verbose (option) then it will boot into Yosemite. The same thing happens with either booting from my installed HD or from the install USB.

I am running Clover 2778, I see now that 2774 is the most recent listed on Sourceforge - so I assume the 2778 is by someone else and not "official"??

Also, I saw somewhere in one of the clover threads that kext-dev-mode=1 is no longer necessary if you are using clover? Is this correct? I took it out of my config and now ethernet is not working. (I have RealtekRTL81xx in the kexts folder in EFI Clover.

Any help on ethernet and/or having to boot in verbose would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

I am close :)

Using Clover to install OSX 10.10 Beta.

Using legacy boot.

If I boot by just hitting return at Clover screen, the boot process hangs with the Apple displayed. If I boot by using spacebar->verbose (option) then it will boot into Yosemite. The same thing happens with either booting from my installed HD or from the install USB.

I am running Clover 2778, I see now that 2774 is the most recent listed on Sourceforge - so I assume the 2778 is by someone else and not "official"??

Also, I saw somewhere in one of the clover threads that kext-dev-mode=1 is no longer necessary if you are using clover? Is this correct? I took it out of my config and now ethernet is not working. (I have RealtekRTL81xx in the kexts folder in EFI Clover.

Any help on ethernet and/or having to boot in verbose would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

Not so, still need kext-dev-mode=1.  What version of FakeSMC? Also remove the hardware sensors from plugins on Z97 boards.

Nothing as far as I can tell. The install finished, it rebooted and then it was gone. The drive is there and I can see the contents if i boot back into Mavericks. Very strange.

Hmmm, guess I'd recreate the partition or format the new driver and try the install again...

snatch, when use chameleon I'm able to see the graphics HD3000 working and can install the 10.10 but not able to boot in for post installation. when i use clover I'm abel to install 10.10 and boot back in for post installation but HD3000 graphics is detected as HD2000 graphics and the system is not usable. Appreciate if you could shed some light here.

Using HD3K as my graphics via HDMI port.

snatch, when use chameleon I'm able to see the graphics HD3000 working and can install the 10.10 but not able to boot in for post installation. when i use clover I'm abel to install 10.10 and boot back in for post installation but HD3000 graphics is detected as HD2000 graphics and the system is not usable. Appreciate if you could shed some light here.

Using HD3K as my graphics via HDMI port.

Can't help with Chameleon, check here to check intel injection in config.plist  or post the question in the clover thread.  Luck with it...

Hello all, after following this guide when I attempt to boot the Yosemite USB stick I'm stuck at the gray Apple screen. I don't get the spinning loading animation just a hang at the logo. I also don't have the spacebar option to load with kexts, only to load without kexts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hello all, after following this guide when I attempt to boot the Yosemite USB stick I'm stuck at the gray Apple screen. I don't get the spinning loading animation just a hang at the logo. I also don't have the spacebar option to load with kexts, only to load without kexts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Clover?  Did you put FakeSMC in EFI>EFI>kexts>10.10