Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

is there still no way to troubleshoot sound? I am  going to try this method and see if I can get that ACL892 working 

I tried https://github.com/toleda/audio_cloverALC for my hackintosh. After some fiddling I got sound to work properly. However, after a few reboots the sound was gone again, no idea why - all kexts / caches / configs looked ok. This is when I gave up and just used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] - I installed the ALC892 driver with the "other bootloader" option (or whatever it was called, it allows you to install it without using Cameleon). After that I just changed my layout in Devices / Audio / Inject (layout was 1 in my case) in config.plist, and now my ACL892 works great.

• Like 1

I found clover bugs.

I set config log=true and I can't boot from usb installer.

after I set log=false usb installer boot fine.

and default partition bug.

I add custom boot entries and set default partition too. but default partition never do right.

I tried https://github.com/toleda/audio_cloverALC for my hackintosh. After some fiddling I got sound to work properly. However, after a few reboots the sound was gone again, no idea why - all kexts / caches / configs looked ok. This is when I gave up and just used ##### - I installed the ALC892 driver with the "other bootloader" option (or whatever it was called, it allows you to install it without using Cameleon). After that I just changed my layout in Devices / Audio / Inject (layout was 1 in my case) in config.plist, and now my ACL892 works great.

What about mic (front and rear)? Could you please upload your config.plist. Actually I didn't get last step, what should I add to config.plist, need help with this.

What about mic (front and rear)? Could you please upload your config.plist. Actually I didn't get last step, what should I add to config.plist, need help with this.

I don't know about the mic, as I don't own one I can test with :). Will see if I can get my hands on one soon.

About the config, I just changed this part in the default config.plist (inject set to "1"):

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>1</string>
		</dict>

Select the number to put there from this list:

1. Audio_ID: 1 supports 5 and 6 port ALC8xx onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio  
2. Audio_ID: 2 supports 3 port ALC8xx onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
3. Audio_ID: 3 supports 3, 5 and 6 port ALC8xx onboard HD4K/HD3K HDMI audio
	with or without AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
4. Audio_IDs: 1 and 2 support analog 5.1 surround sound, 3 does not
5. Audio_IDs: 1, 2 and 3 require HDMI audio dsdt edits for HDMI audio

my laptop(k43sd) has installed mac os 10.8.5 and today i'v just started installing yosemite on it.but after so much time.no luck.

i used -s dev-kext-mode=1,ncpi=0x2000,GraphicsEnabler=No but got immediately kernel panic with "ACPI platform expert start failed IOplatformexpert=1590" blah blah.So i couldn't install yosemite.

partition table:MBR

cpu:core i3 2350 2.3ghz

GPU:intel HD graphics 3000+Nvidia Geforce 610m

anyone can help?

sorry for my bad english

I don't know about the mic, as I don't own one I can test with :). Will see if I can get my hands on one soon.

About the config, I just changed this part in the default config.plist (inject set to "1"):

Thanks :), actually my sound (front and rear out) is already working fine with VoodooHDA, just mic ports aren't working.

I found clover bugs.

I add custom boot entries and set default partition too. but default partition never do right.

In my case, I had my partition (originally created in Yosemite) get deranged, so I rebuilt the partition using my Mavericks bootstick, THEN installed Yosemite into the new partition.  And no, I can't even blame Yosemite for the derangement (unless it's the reality that it will drive the GPU into sleep mode faster than Mavericks) - I suspect it's that hybrid shutdown of Windows 8.1 - which it requires due to my Intel G41 chipset lacking a proper hibernate mode.  (The Intel G41 chipset was never used in Intel-based Macs; however, it's quite commonplace in lower-end Windows Vista/7 PCs - and thus low-end Hacks.  It has two bugbears - the lack of a proper shutdown and a low RAM capacity (only two RAM sticks) - even DDR3-supporting variants of this chipset have a practical ceiling - due to rising DDR3 prices - of 16 GB (2x8 GB); naturally, DDR2-supporting variants (the earlier and most common) have it far worse - 4 GB (2x2 GB); guess which one I have?)

Fprtunately, my upcoming move to Haswell (either Z87 OR Z97-based - both chipsets support Haswell, and the cost difference between them is largely nil) will let me escape this problem.

UPDATE - What I mean is that Windows 8 and 8.1 do NOT shut down cleanly - this is actually by design.  This "hybrid shutdown" is, in fact, unclean by design, and any OS that relies on SMB (such as OS X - however, this is also true of Linux distributions and BSDs) will detect it and complain about the unclean shutdown.  (Amusingly, reading the partition works just fine.)  The complaints are not unique to Yosemite - Mavericks will also complain (also, Linux distributions and the BSDs will complain also - Mavericks/Yosemite replaced SteamOS in the OS rotation); however, since I don't try to write to the NTFS partitions from OS X, it's a nitpick/quibble - not a major issue.  Thus I don't blame Clover - in fact, not mounting the Windows drive (two NTFS partitions) is a workaround for the problem.

An upcoming issue, however, IS threatening to become quite major - the issue, in this case, an an upcoming GPU upgrade for the whole system.  I'd been looking hard at the nVidia GTX750/750Ti; however, no version of OS X supports it - this has forced me into the rather weird position of looking at older GPUs from nVidia, primarily GTX6xx.

Edited by PGHammer21B

I found clover bugs.

A lot of the so called Clover "bugs" are due to "operator error" and not reading/following/understanding instructions properly.  I see many NOOBs trying to change Clover settings they don't understand...a lot of the time, things will work perfectly with Clover's default values by keeping a minimal config.plist.

In the Clover wiki, it says "!WARNING turning on this log will dramatically increase loading time as it has to write the log to the disk as it goes"  ie the boot will take much longer since Clover has to write log entries to your USB so it may appear to hang.

For setting the default partition, see the DefaultVolume wiki entry and the following threads: 

Force Clover to always choose Win 8.1 EFI as default boot option

Help Clover automatically boot into Windows without ENTER key

If you are trying to set Windows to boot first,  you may need to set

<key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
<true/>

in the config.plist.  You must also set the Default Volume eg using the partition's name or unique GUID (see your boot.log in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI to find its GUID).

• Like 3

A lot of the so called Clover "bugs" are due to "operator error" and not reading/following/understanding instructions properly. I see many NOOBs trying to change Clover settings they don't understand...I lot of the time, things will work perfectly with Clover's default values by keeping a minimal config.plist.

In the Clover wiki, it says "!WARNING turning on this log will dramatically increase loading time as it has to write the log to the disk as it goes" ie the boot will take much longer since Clover has to write log entries to your USB so it may appear to hang.

For setting the default partition, see the DefaultVolume wiki entry and the following threads:

Force Clover to always choose Win 8.1 EFI as default boot option

Help Clover automatically boot into Windows without ENTER key

If you are trying to set Windows to boot first, you may need to set

<key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
<true/>
in the config.plist. You must also set the Default Volume eg using the partition's name or unique GUID (see your boot.log in /Library/Logs/CloverEFI to find its GUID).
I'm so sorry. I try any Idea.

I can boot windows 8 perfect without IgnoreNVRAMboot=true.

I have no /Library/Logs/CloverEFI.

thank for your advances. ;)

@alpha.delta,

The last booted volume recorded in NVRAM is given preference to the default volume specified in the config.plist unless you use the IgnoreNVRAMBoot key.  The hierarchy I believe is

Start Up Disk in System Preferences>Last Booted Volume (both of these are NVRAM variables)>config.plist default volume

I know of course that the key is not necessary to boot Windows....

Re if you can't find the boot.log, you can try typing bdmesg in terminal instead:

####-MacBook-Pro:~ ####$ bdmesg
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 2493144837
0:100  0:000  LegacyRegion2: Chipset/proc: 0x2A008086
0:100  0:000   Intel Series 4 and similar (PAM 0x90-0x96)
0:100  0:000   Test PAM1=(0x41=50, 0x5a=00, 0x81=00, 0x91=11) at chipset 2A008086
0:100  0:000  , Install = Success
0:132  0:031  BiosVideoDriverBindingStart!
0:132  0:000  BiosVideoCheckForVbe
0:132  0:000  EdidOverride not found
0:402  0:270   Edid1-
0:672  0:270   Edid0-
0:697  0:025     0 640x480 attr=3BF - ok, 640x480, working, highest, pref=0
0:698  0:000     1 800x600 attr=3BF - ok, 800x600, working, highest, pref=1
0:699  0:000     2 1024x768 attr=3BF - ok, 1024x768, working, highest, pref=2
0:704  0:005     3 1280x800 attr=3BF - ok
0:706  0:001     4 1440x900 attr=3BF - ok
0:706  0:000  BV new mode: 2 1024x768
1:029  0:323   SetMode pref 2 (2) = Success
12:792  11:763  
12:792  0:000  Now is 9.6.2014,  6:48:17 (GMT+2047)
12:792  0:000  Starting Clover rev 2703 on CLOVER EFI
12:792  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1D,0x7)\USB(0x0,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,3E599E1E-0282-4267-96B2-C75B612DA717,0x28,0x64000) @DE731018
12:793  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\CLOVER

@snatch,

Sorry for getting off topic here.  Your guide and installation instructions are excellent :).

• Like 1

Installed and working fine using clover 2696 but have no sound. Only needed FakeSMC.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and my current DSDT file to get working along with kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg.

Hello. I was able to install Yosemite following the instructions in the first post. One thing (thats probably common sense to most) that i was stuck on was installing the right boot0 for my BIOS (not UEFI). In Clover install - Customize - Bootloader you have 3 options. depending on which version you are running it is the 2nd or 3rd option. It will say in the description FOR BIOS BOOTING. Anyways.. passed that.

My problem I'm having now is Yosemite crashes constanty. sometimes so fast it won't show the Kernel Panic. It mostly happens if i copy any file. Everytime i change my app store settings to install any app... any time i install anything... Kernel Panic. Its so quick I think i saw an iokit... maybe appleHDAcontroller as part of panics. I felt like it didn't do it the first install. Im about to re-do my USB Installer and start fresh again. It takes so long though! I have a Mavericks partition I'm on now that works fine. Tried various combinations of the kexts i need for Mavericks. Idk if I'm missing something

About my system

i3 3.09 (2200? - been a while)

Gigabyte motherboard - h61m-d2p-B3

4 GB Ram

ATI HD6850 (Works perfect in Yosemite, HDMI+Audio - No kexts needed)

ALC889 (Works 100% in Mavericks, could not get working in Yosemite)

MBR patch installed

Hope i didn't forget anything. Help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

- To install only needed my DSDT - FakeSMC - kext-dev-1 - Had to boot Verbose mode first time boot of install/OS

Booted in Yosemite. All is well. When i fresh boot into Yosemite after install i get kernel panics when doing specific things. First boot HDMI audio/video works making me think all is well. Installing my AppleHDA/Enabler1 from my Mavericks in S/L/E  fixed my refusing several HDA kexts... I was having problems having Clover load my DSDT. So i used HDAEnabler1 to inject the kext. All is fantastic. Im sure theres better/different ways than my method. but everything works great and i dont generally get any help when i post.

Some notes from MY install:

-Follow instructions in first post.

-When installing Clover choose customize and under -Bootloader - Installboot0ss in MBR (Booting on BIOS motherboards only.)

-Total of 4 kexts total I use - FakeSMC, AppleHDA, HDAEnabler1, and Horndis for Wifi USB tether with an old Galaxy S2

-Initial boot FakeSMC only. Clover was NOT injecting my AppleHDA in kexts folder. Refused on startup in verbose.

-Install Kexts with KEXT WIZARD only. Repair Permissions. after my install i would boot my Mavericks drive up and copy everything necessary-then 1st boot Yosemite

-3rdPartySATA and IOHCIBlockStorageInjector Dont Help. If i loaded them it caused a lot of missing icons and removing the kexts and repairing did not fix it. Reinstall did.

-If you mess around a little  or just dont have the right mix you can get yourself stuck at boot (as pictured in later post "invalid signatures"). I installed 3 times before i got my own method down. 

-Also, I feel Yosemite is a little harder on me on booting up with a bunch of USB devices plugged in. While its happened with USB drives. leaving my phone "modem" plugged in on boot results in panic-restart before it gets to login

The HDAEnabler1 and AppleHDA can be found with a simple Google search "Yosemite 10.10 AppleHDA"

THANK YOU SNATCH FOR THIS AWESOME TUTORIAL!!!

the strangest thing...almost everything works except the ethernet card

it even recognized the samsung display model I have

what I don't get is, I have to boot without "kext-dev-mode=1", because if I boot with that flag it will not boot up

anyone an idea?

hardware

board: asus rampage iii extreme

cpu: i7 970

gfx: ati 7970 3Gb ram

Holy {censored}, I've been messing with this all weekend until I read this guide earlier tonight.

I was like "I'll give this one. more. try. and then it's back to Mavericks.

THANK YOU!!!

It worked absolutely flawless from start to finish. This is the only guide that matters!

This OS is going to be great.

Edit: In case anyone else is using a Radeon RX 290x, after booting if you have a black screen just unplug your DVI cable and plug it back in, you should see the login screen in all its glory. :)

• Like 1

install went fine following this guide,

(using clover 2697)

when trying to boot Yosemite with kext-dev-mode=1 in safe or verbose mode I get

have you tried booting without any flag? I had the same issue at the beginning, and at some point I just booted without a flag and all of a sudden it worked

you could also try the -v flag, to see what it then does