Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, sorry for the newbie question. The guide says "Copy FakeSMC and Network kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 (you’ll have to create the 10.10 folder}", but I do not know where to find these kexts in order to copy them to the clover kexts folder. I was able to download a FakeSMC kext from one of the posts in this thread, but I do not know where to get the Network kext. Thanks for your help!

Provide the full details of your pc and may be someone can suggest which kext you need for your hack.

Still no luck... Followed all the directions... After I select USB in the bios boot menu it can't get past the "Loading Operating System..." on black screen. Just sits there for 30+ minutes and more. I tried using Clover_v2k_r2953 and Clover_v2k_r2957. My hack has been running 10.8 and 10.9 for over two years with not one problem. Weird I can't get to boot...

I'm no rookie but feel like one!

Hi

What is the usb formatted as? I had the same problem until I formatted it as mbr at it all worked fine to install.

Try with -v when is prompting, you can understand many things when using verbose.

Used -v and got a restart at DSMOS has arrived, any ideas?

After using clover configurator I managed to enter the white screen withe black progress bar where after 1~2 minutes it stops, no progress bar moving no usb hdd activity, any ideas? Got stuck at the same point with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]..

Where are I can have the Network kexts ?

Are yiu building a new hack or you already have one. If you already have one and using chameleon use the one from the extra folder other find what network card is in your pc/laptop to find the kext required.

Are yiu building a new hack or you already have one. If you already have one and using chameleon use the one from the extra folder other find what network card is in your pc/laptop to find the kext required.

I don't have the chameleon 。。

I was error and stop in Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051 .

I don't know how to do .

hi...

try to boot (edit)..safe mode..and remove appleHDA to see...

or remove appleHDA prior boot if you have how...

IMHO..some MB I have must do this to boot...

nothing to loose..

c.frio

hi...

try to boot (edit)..safe mode..and remove appleHDA to see...

or remove appleHDA prior boot if you have how...

IMHO..some MB I have must do this to boot...

nothing to loose..

c.frio

Please details to teach .

Hi

What is the usb formatted as? I had the same problem until I formatted it as mbr at it all worked fine to install.

Thanks... I just tried a MBR formatted thumb drive but still no luck. Still the same... stalls at "Loading Operating System..."

Any other suggestions?

Thanks Man!

Provide the full details of your pc and may be someone can suggest which kext you need for your hack.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79

CPU: Intel i7 3930k

RAM: 16 GB (4x4GB) Mushkin Redline DDR3

VGA: Two AMD R9 290x

HDD: Crucial M4 128 GB SSD (clean install)

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

Thanks to anyone who can recommend the proper kexts!

I want to share what am I doing and you tell me where am I doing wrong,

1. Format to USB with GUID Partition Table + Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and name it 'Install'
2. Open Terminal and using code on the first page  successfully Done as picture down below

Last login: Sun Oct 19 23:07:23 on console
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
Password:
Erasing Disk: 0%...  10%...  20%...  30%...  100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
Copy complete.
Makind disk bootable...
Copying boot files...
Copy complete.
Done.
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$

3. Opening Clover_v2k_r2953.pkg Continue, Continue, Changed Installation Location with my USB Continue again and Click Customise
4. Choosing this setting on Clover.pkg:

Dxw94yB.png
SUn2pvi.png

5. Creating 10.10 folder in kext folder and adding my kext:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

6. Deleting VBoxHfs-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI and adding HFSPlus.efi

7. Using Standart.config with these boot arg "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1"

Thats it! After that I restart machine and pressing hot ket which is my F12 boot options coming and choosing my installation USB and Install OS X Yosemite Drive coming I hit "enter" and for a while black screen with a white apple logo and white thin loading bar coming. Im waiting, waiting and screen turning black to white or light grey(Im not sure) and my mouse cursor spinning with classic apple rainbow circle on the upper left side on the screen. Like picture 2 down below.

Installing screen never comes... 

What I tried so far;

Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext --------- didn't work
Used Clover Original.config ---------------- didn't work
Tried USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port ----------- didn't work
Added GE=Yes to config  --------- didn't work
Used my own system.config--------------- didn't work
Used Clover_v2k_r2953 ------------------- didn't work
Used unofficial Clover_v2k_r2957---------didn't work
Used Clover_v2k_r2795 ------------------ didn't work

I tried verbose mode boot I don't get any error. When verbose boot finished turning picture 2 down below. Actually always stuck in there apple loading screen past and white screen coming with spinning beach ball.

My Graphic Card GTX 660 I always used this card with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Picture 1
rYH5FpT.jpg

Picture 2
ChZRR0t.jpg

Please tell me now where am I doing wrong or what should I do?

Don't know why you need dart=1 and you don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext...   Try starting in safe mode to complete the install,   "-x -v kext-dev-mode=1"

Still doesn't work. Stuck on Beachball screen again never past installation screen..  

I've updated my clover and it's installed on my ESP. There's a little problem here, whenever I boot from clover, it splits the screen into 4.. I've changed the settings in clover using clover configurator but nothing changed..

Is there any way that I can reinstall clover? I don't want to keep booting from USB drive (the USB drive is using chameleon)

I can't upload the config yet (now using windows) because my sister is bringing the laptop along with her.. I will upload it once she's back. Oh, you can see the specs in my signature :)

I've updated my clover and it's installed on my ESP. There's a little problem here, whenever I boot from clover, it splits the screen into 4.. I've changed the settings in clover using clover configurator but nothing changed..

Is there any way that I can reinstall clover? I don't want to keep booting from USB drive (the USB drive is using chameleon)

I can't upload the config yet (now using windows) because my sister is bringing the laptop along with her.. I will upload it once she's back. Oh, you can see the specs in my signature :)

okay so regarding to my previous post, the config is in the attachment..

config.plist.zip

I want to share what am I doing and you tell me where am I doing wrong,

[...]

What I tried so far;

Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext --------- didn't work

Used Clover Original.config ---------------- didn't work

Tried USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port ----------- didn't work

Added GE=Yes to config  --------- didn't work

Used my own system.config--------------- didn't work

Used Clover_v2k_r2953 ------------------- didn't work

Used unofficial Clover_v2k_r2957---------didn't work

Used Clover_v2k_r2795 ------------------ didn't work

[...]

Please tell me now where am I doing wrong or what should I do?

The beachball on boot is usually a sign that FakeSMC is not working properly, at least for me. Try downloading and extracting the binaries from here. (you only need FakeSMC.kext)

I was also having allot of issues with installing Yosemite. I did the following. I created a Yosemite install USB using http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html tutorial. Once Yosemite was installed, completed step 4 of the tutorial at tonymacx86, I installed Clover and proceeded with configuring the config.plist and Kext (using Kext wizard). Whenever you screwup your config.plist you can reinsert the USB, boot from that and change the settings using Clover Configurator. Took me half a day but everything is working.