OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I have no idea, I'm trying to figure this out.

Just just checking on this community, I have so many macs now haha and I can answer this question. On my retina MBP the boot animation is black because of the border and on my MBA it's white because of the silver border. By border, I'm talking about the actual frame around the screen. Not installed Yosemite on my iMac but this follows the iOS 7 appearance with white and black iPhones. 

TLDR; the colour is connected to your device config; 

• Like 1

Just just checking on this community, I have so many macs now haha and I can answer this question. On my retina MBP the boot animation is black because of the border and on my MBA it's white because of the silver border. By border, I'm talking about the actual frame around the screen. Not installed Yosemite on my iMac but this follows the iOS 7 appearance with white and black iPhones.

TLDR; the colour is connected to your device config;

This makes sense to me, except that my non-retina mbp (black border) has a white boot screen.

My experience on my vivobook is that I only have a progress bar. I also have the distorted graphics for a second at login.

This makes sense to me, except that my non-retina mbp (black border) has a white boot screen.

My experience on my vivobook is that I only have a progress bar. I also have the distorted graphics for a second at login.

That's so strange haha. Maybe they haven't configured it yet for older models? Also, that's strange that the apple logo is missing. I have no idea :S

That's so strange haha. Maybe they haven't configured it yet for older models? Also, that's strange that the apple logo is missing. I have no idea :S

May be so... I would love to have a black boot screen. Maybe it will be black when we turn on dark mode or something.

On ML I was able to use builtin PS2 keyboard in installer. in Mav too

Installation stage 2 goes to registration and then check keyboard type. To go through this check you have to plug USB keyboard and press a key left to Shift. With PS2 keyboard it is not working even thou the keyboard works in all other dialogs.

I get a ton of these:

6/15/14 11:53:16.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: mds(32) deny file-write-data /private/var/db/mds/system/mds.lock

Got these too. Nothing to find about it though. Install and Recovery boot, but the installed 10.10 won't boot. I got these errors when it always KP'd on AppleTyMCEDriver (although patched by Clover...)

Hi all,

I am having issues install Yosemite.

I have set up the USB Installer for UEFI and I still get the error

This is the error I am getting:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=142718

Thanks

Have you tried setting in your BIOS legacy (CSM) boot?

I had to install mine on my laptop that way..

End result is fine though...

It runs quite well, screenshot attached ;)

EDIT: And to answer another question: VoodooHDA 2.8.5 will work just great on Yosemite... :D

post-100023-0-10543000-1402943079_thumb.png

It's only a theory for now, they don't actually know if Bluetooth 4.0 will be a requirement for Handoff.

Drawing attention to the fact that Handoff is expected to rely on the Bluetooth low energy (LE) protocol in order to work, German publication Apfeleimer has put together a handy chart showing which Apple devices are likely to be able to use Handoff.

Seen that people have already tried getting Continuity to work with real Macs and iOS devices that didn't have bluetooth LE and some others managed at least to make email work with Continuity I assume those limitations are already in place, but yeah never say never. With iOS 8 Jailbreak people will also probably find a way to bypass that limitation.