OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I will add the specs to my signature.

No I have never installed mavericks on this machine but I know of it is possible as I have seen videos of it running and guide for the NP530u3c.

I don't see NP530 in your sig

No, the comment shouldn't make a difference. It might be slightly different for 10.10 like it is with the trim patch.

EDIT: I just checked the DP2 binary in hex fiend, the patch should be working just as it does in Mavericks. I'm not sure why it isn't for you.

If you want to, you can use the comment for any patches, it's just for reference purposes

Thanks, I'll try it again in a little bit. Up to my elbows in a video project right now lol post-788132-14030884134695_thumb.jpg

When I update trough the App Store the computer restart and goes into update. But then it's stock at the grey screen before the updating. (See pic)

Does anybody else have this problem?

I have to restart the computer and login again, and the computer then asks my again if I want to restart to install the update.

Edit : ignore this post. The installation was on my main screen (hence the Grey display on my second screen), which is black Since 10.10. Only second screen works but it's updating now.

post-1186441-0-18703600-1403088747_thumb.jpg

Now I just have to sort out my icloud/FaceTime/iMessage/AppStore woes and I'll be all set. Works fine for me under mavericks, but not yosemite. I do use a usb wifi card, but I also have a kext loading for my Ethernet port, so either my smbios generation has been lackluster of late, or there's something else going on. Idk.

Now I just have to sort out my icloud/FaceTime/iMessage/AppStore woes and I'll be all set. Works fine for me under mavericks, but not yosemite. I do use a usb wifi card, but I also have a kext loading for my Ethernet port, so either my smbios generation has been lackluster of late, or there's something else going on. Idk.

Did you delete the networkinterfaces.plist and such?

As I can imagine this is the fake device id inject, right? with the ig-platform-id mentioned in an earlier post

No, google it. It is a Haswell Intel ID and the processor in the NUC is the same one as is actually in the MBA6,2.

INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0162, &intel_ivybridge_d_info), /* GT2 desktop */
INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x015a, &intel_ivybridge_d_info), /* GT1 server */
INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x016a, &intel_ivybridge_d_info), /* GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0402, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT1 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0412, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0422, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x040a, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT1 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x041a, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x042a, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0406, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* GT1 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0416, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0426, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C02, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT1 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C12, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C22, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C0A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT1 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C1A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C2A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* SDV GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C06, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* SDV GT1 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C16, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* SDV GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0C26, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* SDV GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A02, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT1 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A12, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A22, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A0A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT1 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A1A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A2A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* ULT GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A06, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* ULT GT1 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A16, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* ULT GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0A26, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* ULT GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D02, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT1 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D12, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D22, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT2 desktop */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D0A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT1 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D1A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D2A, &intel_haswell_d_info), /* CRW GT2 server */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D06, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* CRW GT1 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D16, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* CRW GT2 mobile */
+    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x0D26, &intel_haswell_m_info), /* CRW GT2 mobile */

You are going to have problems with that. If you do get it working, post the solution you used here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298511-imessage-facetime-is-not-working/ I have tried everything including credit card and all sorts and still I can't get it to work.

Did you delete the networkinterfaces.plist and such?

not yet, been busy trying to get my QE/CI working. Doesn't seem to like my mobile intel HD4600 I'm seeing a black distorted menu bar and my GPU reports as having 7mb and no kext loaded. Seems like the desktop version of hd4600 works though.

You are going to have problems with that. If you do get it working, post the solution you used here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298511-imessage-facetime-is-not-working/ I have tried everything including credit card and all sorts and still I can't get it to work.

Oh I'm already seeing that much. I was using the smbios of a rMBP 11,2 but those never seem to let me through to apple features, so I switched to the MBA 6,2 which under Mavericks is enough to get access, but still nothing. I have an Ethernet kext loaded, and I know that without it Mavericks never allowed me to use the apple services over usb wifi. With that kext loaded though it allowed me through strangely enough. I'll work it out eventually (hopefully) but QE/CI is my main focus at the moment. I'm going to try info.plist patches for the intel Hd 5000 kexts (I believe the 4600 uses the 5000 kext, correct?)

I just got it installed. How do we apply our custom kexts? Ive tried using kext utility but now os X wont boot!

Also my wifi and Bluetooth started working natively. Bluetooth never worked before (it was integrated with the wifi card atheros ar9285 and I guess os X never liked it much). Could this be because of the new os X version or because of clover? Since I used chameleon up until 10.10...

I'm curious if you've updated to DP2 and if your BT is working with handoff/continuity? I've got a GBU521 dongle and while system profiler reports Bluetooth LE functioning, it says continuity and airdrop aren't supported.

Airdrop sucking at the moment. Looks like Apple are doing the usual thing of trying to make as many people upgrade as possible.

i have an MBA  sandy bridge and my haswell hack with yosemite needs me to enable Airdrop for "older macs" to work with my Lion based MBA. Even then detection is taking forever before it sees the MBA. Hopefully this will be addressed in DP3.

Since when is a two year old  Apple defined as "old"? Will have the same scenario with my iPhone 4 as it will not meet  minimum spec.s for iOS8….

So I installed update 1.0 and everything seems to work as before but the lapic kernel patch that rehabman posted doesn't seem to work for me. I can boot with cpus=1 and ncpm.kext

Just use latest Clover as the Lapic patch is built in. Works fine here - need both KernelPM and KernelLapic for my Haswell NUC.

I have finally got Mavericks to install. The only issue I am getting is this when booting from the drive.

post-201072-14031247262283_thumb.jpg

I hope somebody can advise. The reason I am posting here is that is would be the same error on yosemite.

Thanks

I have finally got Mavericks to install. The only issue I am getting is this when booting from the drive.

attachicon.gifDSC_0014.JPG

I hope somebody can advise. The reason I am posting here is that is would be the same error on yosemite.

Thanks

thats video problem