OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I have two iCloud related problems here that are a bit annoying. Firstly cloudd is crashing quite a bit and filling up my User Diagnostics reports folder with crash dumps.

Secondly there's a iCloud process called bird that writes constantly to my system log with spam like this: bird[1104]: GSLibraryResolveDocumentId(9); error 4 (Interrupted system call).

Has anyone any idea how to fix either of these (the bird one in particular).

Update: I've managed to quick-fix both of these by turning off "Documents & Data" in the iCloud preferences. Not ideal but it'll do for now.

You have to understand that there are two mode booting: legacy and UEFI.

Legacy mode goes through MBR and PBR sector. This is how the chameleon works. But PBR sector from Chameleon is not working with Clover. Clover sector works for both. You must replace it if you are going to do legacy booting.

UEFI mode is possible only with Clover. In this mode BIOS directly call /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI from ESP partition formatted to FAT32. No alternatives.

Well, I am impressed. Booting clover in UEFI is fast! I did it without reinstalling just to see if it works and it does indeed. Many thanks to all that helped me out. I would not have a clue if it weren't for you. I am going to reinstall from scratch and add one thing at the time to see what makes the widgets, share features and today screen share break. Maybe it's when I add a secondary language to the keyboard or to dictation? I heard that DP1 has issues with it. Or maybe it is when I log into iCloud. I really don't get why this is happening to me. I can do pretty much everything else and now I can even boot UEFI without any issues. Again many thanks to the guys that helped me :)

Yeah, there really is nothing I can do. Without logging in to anything or even going on the internet as you can see, the notification centre crashes without me doing anything and in the second photo you can see what I get left with. I didn't even sign in with an apple account, just a local account. Total waste of time

2zfifdl.png

rucpbk.png

Yeah, there really is nothing I can do. Without logging in to anything or even going on the internet as you can see, the notification centre crashes without me doing anything and in the second photo you can see what I get left with. I didn't even sign in with an apple account, just a local account. Total waste of time

Have you used the ALXEthernet.kext ? (not signed)

Edit: It seems you have the net.

• Like 1

I have an Apple internal wifi mini pcie card with an adapter for pci. It's not connected though. I installed the AtherosL1cEthernet 1.2.3 from tonys application. Is that what it is? I don't think I had time to do it this time. Just did the AppleHDA and repaired permissions and cache. I might of done it. It has got to be something right at the beginning. I was installing things one at the time but it only crashed when I cleared the cache and allowed unsigned kexts to load so I don't really know if I had installed the ethernet kext already. Is there a problem with that kext? I had kext-dev-mode=1 as a boot-arg. It really is mind boggling that no one is having the same issue. I reinstalled 10 times in the past 3 days

I am trying to customize the icon for my laptop (which shows up in display in About this Mac and in display properties) and have replaced every possible icon in CoreTypes.bundle but no go.  Any ideas where OS X is getting the icon from if not from CoreTypes.bundle?

post-270804-0-32393000-1402685070_thumb.png

post-270804-0-64948900-1402685472_thumb.png

I am trying to customize the icon for my laptop (which shows up in display in About this Mac and in display properties) and have replaced every possible icon in CoreTypes.bundle but no go. Any ideas where OS X is getting the icon from if not from CoreTypes.bundle?

attachicon.gifUntitled2.png

attachicon.gifUntitled1.png

I had this problem with dock icons in mavericks, I had to shut down (not restart) and start it back up.

It probably has something to do with there icon cache though. There's a terminal command to clear it but I don't remember what it is.

I had this problem with dock icons in mavericks, I had to shut down (not restart) and start it back up.

It probably has something to do with there icon cache though. There's a terminal command to clear it but I don't remember what it is.

Yeah, killdock will work for the dock but this isn't the same situation.  In previous versions of OS X, the system icons always came from CoreTypes.bundle.  I don't think there is a cache for system icons.  Am I wrong?

Yeah, killdock will work for the dock but this isn't the same situation. In previous versions of OS X, the system icons always came from CoreTypes.bundle. I don't think there is a cache for system icons. Am I wrong?

I just googled it and it looks like there is a dock icon cache but nor for anything else... At least that I can find. So in that case I don't know why it's not working, it seems Luke similar behavior to what happens with the dock... Maybe there's a cache for loginwindow or something?

Ok, so I reinstalled again and you were 100% right! The culprit is the lan kext! Well, as far as I know, Everything is working fine now but I have no sound or lan. I am afraid of installing things to the extensions folder and break it again. So how do we install things like audio and network? FakeSMC is being injected by clover but how do the other kexts load? Any chance you can point me in the right direction? Thank you again

• Like 1

Have Clover inject your lan kext. Then I'd use Voodoo for audio, it works fine here.

Bang on Snatch! Everything is just as it should! It took many reinstalls lol but I hope this is it until the new beta comes out Monday ha ha

Thanks for the tip mate. At least now I know what to do when I need to do it again :)

• Like 2

Hi, I got Yosemite working but there are some issues:

- I can't log in to Icloud (I guess it can be fixed with the iMessage/Facetime-fix)? (fixed: use Imessage-fix) 

- I always get a message about the keychain about item can not be found. (fixed: In keychain you can repair  the permissions of the keychain..)

- My second display,  a 2560x1440 dell monitor connected with dp, doesn't display anything. It's black. Only the first screen connected with hdmi works. 

Bluetooth (and multitouch) & USB 3 works. I haven't tested sleep yet.

Audio still doesn't work although I've put the kext in S/L/E and I've also tried 10.10-folder.

Seems that only audio is not working. Tried using the kext from my mavericks build but it doesn't work. (Fixed: Used Toledas updated  patched kexts)

• Like 1

I don't get the language selector too. I think it's installs in english because the other languages are buggy now. (Atleast what I tried.)

I get the language selector. I think it depends on what flavour DP1 you downloaded. Some of them must have the languages removed to make them smaller

Finally installing =) 

is it normal that I didn't get a language selection screen in the DP1? (Don't remember how it was with ML)

Yes if you boot with Clover and if some languages is already set in the config.plist (default is en)  ;) , but you can press the button to go back, and choose the language.

Deleting the key is safe during installation ......or set the rigth one..before

Micky

I get the language selector. I think it depends on what flavour DP1 you downloaded. Some of them must have the languages removed to make them smaller

Sir, I have spent 100 dollars, last year, for the regular Yosemite download with my D.A., and here on the Forum pirated software are not allowed.

You can sign in to the Beta program, and probably you will receive an invitation if you are fast (1.000.000 of request max), when the first Beta will be available :wink_anim:

Micky

• Like 3

Yes if you boot with Clover and if some languages is already set in the config.plist (default is en)  ;) , but you can press the button to go back, and choose the language.

Deleting the key is safe during installation ......or set the rigth one..before

Micky

Sir, I have spent 100 dollars, last year, for the regular Yosemite download with my D.A., and here on the Forum pirated software are not allowed.

You can sign in to the Beta program, and probably you will receive an invitation if you are fast (1.000.000 of request max), when the first Beta will be available :wink_anim:

Micky

It was just an idea. It didn't mean that either him or me downloaded anything pirated. I signed up to the program the second it was made available, thanks :) You had Yosemite since last year????!!