OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

This is a weird one.  But who wants to share a copy of their Startup folder (with the kernel cache in it) with me so I can try to boot up my Yosemite without having to reinstall…?  I can't seem to find a way to boot without the kernel cache with Yosemite/Clover and mine is corrupted somehow.  Can't even boot into safe mode to rebuild caches, or single user mode for that matter.  Just wanna see if I can stick a good kernel cache in there and at least get into single user/safe mode so I can rebuild my own cache.  

Thanks. 

Here's a link: http://d-h.st/sn6

You're injecting kexts right? Because I don't have any 3rd party kexts installed in S/L/E. I'm not so sure it's the kernel cache though, it seems weird that it would just get corrupted like that for no reason... What was the very last thing you changed? Sometimes symptoms like this can be misleading.

Anyway, regardless I hope this works for you.

• Like 1

Yup, it was the kernel cache. I actually just got smart and installed Chameleon on a USB stick, was able to boot up Yosemite in single user mode with it and rebuild kernel cache, now Clover is booting it up just fine.

• Like 2

Yup, it was the kernel cache. I actually just got smart and installed Chameleon on a USB stick, was able to boot up Yosemite in single user mode with it and rebuild kernel cache, now Clover is booting it up just fine.

@ADHDMedia,

Well done! I was going to suggest the same thing but wasn't sure whether you had already solved it yourself :):P .

Clover is my preferred bootloader but I've been doing a bit of experimenting lately with chameleon r2380 by chainloading it from legacy Clover boot1f32alt---->chameleon second phase "boot1" in EFI, pressing <1> during the 2 second wait period.

When I tried to boot chameleon r2380 with UseKernelCache set to No and kext-dev-mode=1, the boot would hang and I would need to rebuild the kernelcache by booting in single user mode

-s/sbin/fsck 
-fy/sbin/mount 
-uw /rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
exit

Out of interest, how many people using Clover still use kext-dev-mode=1? I can actually boot to Yosemite without it (quite a few people in the chameleon thread omit this flag) - FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext still load because they are in Apple's kext exclude list.

Any progress with Clover booting without caches in Yosemite? Not a major issue but I can confirm that Chameleon r2380 is able to do this in OSX 10.10...

good thinking! Strange that that happened...

Does anybody else experience this with Yosemite DP2.

MB Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual TB.

Processor i5

Discrete Asus GTX660

Monitor Samsung SMS 27A850 connected DP to DP on the GTX660.

MacPro6,1

Booting with Clover UEFI.

Yosemite runs very well with the exception that  when booting it ends up with the colored beach ball spinning in the top left hand corner of the monitor, I then have to power off/on the monitor and the display is perfect at (2560X1440), reboot and exactly the the same thing off/on the monitor.

1. It works perfectly with Mavericks 10.9.4.

2. As far as I recall it happened only occasionally in DP1, clearing the caches  appeared to work with DP1 NOT DP2.

Anybody with any ideas, it would be appreciated. I have tried injecting the EDID in config.plist, but that makes no difference.

Hopefully its another bug

EDIT. Entering  in Clovers  config.plist/BOOT/Arguments nvda_drv=1 appears to fix the problem.

So, I finally got to install the X3000 files. But now I got a new problem: Despite AMD6000Controller  being patched I get no signal on my screen when activating AMD injection in Clover settings.

EDIT: Correction, I'm only not getting a signal on my main screen (which is VGA). I do get a signal on an HDMI connected screen. But only a cursor on white background and all I can do is move the mouse around.

EDIT: On another reboot I did "kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -all-loaded" and now it works (for how long? ^^)

Does anybody else experience this with Yosemite DP2.

MB Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual TB.

Processor i5

Discrete Asus GTX660

Monitor Samsung SMS 27A850 connected DP to DP on the GTX660.

MacPro6,1

Booting with Clover UEFI.

Yosemite runs very well with the exception that  when booting it ends up with the colored beach ball spinning in the top left hand corner of the monitor, I then have to power off/on the monitor and the display is perfect at (2560X1440), reboot and exactly the the same thing off/on the monitor.

1. It works perfectly with Mavericks 10.9.4.

2. As far as I recall it happened only occasionally in DP1, clearing the caches  appeared to work with DP1 NOT DP2.

Anybody with any ideas, it would be appreciated. I have tried injecting the EDID in config.plist, but that makes no difference.

Hopefully its another bug

EDIT. Entering  in Clovers  config.plist/BOOT/Arguments nvda_drv=1 appears to fix the problem.

Hi, I am using the same Asus MB as yours, but my extra display card is AMD 7950.

I like to know whether your System Information for Display is fully correct or not.

Mine are weird as shown here:

The first two are correct in 2560x1440, but the third is wrong in 1920x1080.

And many small icons became invisible at 10.10DP2 (not so many invisible small icons at 10.10DP1)

post-70188-0-20362100-1403321974_thumb.png

post-70188-0-90005000-1403321988_thumb.png

post-70188-0-29990900-1403321998_thumb.png

post-70188-0-80847300-1403322370_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi, I am using the same Asus MB as yours, but my extra display card is AMD 7950.

I like to know whether your System Information for Display is fully correct or not.

Mine are weired as shown here:

The first two are correct in 2560x1440, but the third is wrong in 1920x1080.

And many small icons became invisible at 10.10DP2 (not so many invisible small icons at 10.10DP1)

I do not use the Intel Graphics at all so I can only speak for the GTX660 and that reports fine.

Screenshot:

http://d.pr/i/nFaJ

Lost icons in DP2 -  the Application Icon appears to be the only one missing just a space displayed,  although everything else appears OK. Being an early beta we cannot expect too much, however my main concern is the fact that the clover Nvram scripts do not run correctly. These were fine in DP1, lets hope that progressively that we do not find too many more anomalies running on hacks, but the guys out there and here are great. I am also running Yosemite on a real mack and it is really fine, very stable in fact as it is on the hack but with some issues.

@jsl how did you get both Intel and ati graphics to be recognized with the Mac pro smbios? Did you use a dsdt edit? I have an HD 6850 and hd3000 but to use both simultaneously I need to use the Mac mini smbios and boot with internal graphics set as primary.

@jsl how did you get both Intel and ati graphics to be recognized with the Mac pro smbios? Did you use a dsdt edit? I have an HD 6850 and hd3000 but to use both simultaneously I need to use the Mac mini smbios and boot with internal graphics set as primary.

Yes, you need both DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and proper org.chameleon.Boot.plist to boot.

I only had successful experience with Intel HD4000/4600, Nvidia GTX 680/780, and AMD Radeon 5770, 6870/7950 in Asus X58, Z77, & Z87 MBs.

Yes, you need both DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and proper org.chameleon.Boot.plist to boot.

I only had successful experience with Intel HD4000/4600, Nvidia GTX 680/780, and AMD Radeon 5770, 6870/7950 in Asus X58, Z77, & Z87 MBs.

So is it just the same DSDT edit you would use for enabling integrated graphics normally or does it have to be slightly different if I'm also using a dedicated graphics card?

So is it just the same DSDT edit you would use for enabling integrated graphics normally or does it have to be slightly different if I'm also using a dedicated graphics card?

Just use what you are working at Mavericks 10.9.x's DSDT, SSDT, & ocB.plist.

No need to edit anything in DSDT or SSDT.

Modify ocB.plist regarding those specially for 10.10 eg. /System/Library/Kernels/kernel kext-dev-mode=1.

Got the same problem with invisible icons.

Sorted it with deleting all system caches.

Follow the steps using the manual guide here 
and you'll get your icons back.

I do not use the Intel Graphics at all so I can only speak for the GTX660 and that reports fine.

Screenshot:

http://d.pr/i/nFaJ

Lost icons in DP2 -  the Application Icon appears to be the only one missing just a space displayed,  although everything else appears OK. Being an early beta we cannot expect too much, however my main concern is the fact that the clover Nvram scripts do not run correctly. These were fine in DP1, lets hope that progressively that we do not find too many more anomalies running on hacks, but the guys out there and here are great. I am also running Yosemite on a real mack and it is really fine, very stable in fact as it is on the hack but with some issues.

• Like 1

Got the same problem with invisible icons.

Sorted it with deleting all system caches.

Follow the steps using the manual guide here 

and you'll get your icons back.

Thanks for this guide which works for me now.

No more invisible icons !

To get your Yosemite disk in the sidebar, go to the Sidebar tab in Finder Preferences and tick the checkbox beside Hard Disks. By default it's only partially checked.

Sorry to bring this back up lol but I have to do this on every boot.  My Finder sidebar doesn't seem to remember that I've fully checked the box every time I start up Yosemite.  Does yours behave this way as well? 

Sorry to bring this back up lol but I have to do this on every boot.  My Finder sidebar doesn't seem to remember that I've fully checked the box every time I start up Yosemite.  Does yours behave this way as well? 

Yes.  My workaround, for now, is to put my Yosemite partition in my favorites rather than in devices, because it stays put in favorites but disappears from devices when I close the finder window.