[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surfaceosx)

Many thanks for the guide.. Fairly new to OSx86 but long been a modder...

My issue is this.. I have follwoed the guide and installed OS X 10.9 to my SP1

When I boot into Clover using the the created usb and select my SSD OS X boots with bluetooth etc working. however if I let the Surface boot on its own to the Clover installed on the SSD EFI and boot the OS from the SSD , Bluetooth and USB is not present / Working

Can you provide any guidance ? 

Regards

I wonder if the sound is working, 
as expected. 
please let me know.

@mirone

I'm not sure if I picked up the correct files.  I've got AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280, HDAEnabler3 and EAPDFix installed.  Everything looks good.  Even the icon in the menu bar responds to the default slider.  However, no sound whatsoever.  The configuration is a fat SP2.  The audio config tool says "CNXT Audio".

BTW: 10.9.5 is SAVE on Surface Pro 1!

- backup HD

- Copy S/L/E folder to the desktop

- Update via Appstore

- Use KextUtility to reinstall AppleHDA.kext (Mirone's AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280) and jape's AvastarFwLoader.kext out of the copied S/L/E-Folder.

- Be happy! ;)

////  i still have sometimes glitchy audio after boot - but a "hard"-reboot (reboot, and switch off before clover, reboot again) solves the problem (mostly). ;)  ////

@mirone

I'm not sure if I picked up the correct files.  I've got AppleHDA-2.6.3f4-ALC280, HDAEnabler3 and EAPDFix installed.  Everything looks good.  Even the icon in the menu bar responds to the default slider.  However, no sound whatsoever.  The configuration is a fat SP2.  The audio config tool says "CNXT Audio".

send me a codec_dump. 

Ok so I seem to have got a step further.. in this..

If I boot with a USB stick inserted . (Does not matter whats on it) The Surface detects the USB drive and bluetooth starts up.. however without a usb inserted , these things do not work.. I read earlier in the thread of someone having the same issue, however I do not see a solution.. is this common ? is there a fix ? 

Edit :-  Doesn't even need to be a a Usb Stick/drive.. Booting with my unsupported un-working Asus AC50 wifi usb allows bluetooth to work, but not when its not inserted :/ :s 

(surfaceosx)

Many thanks for the guide.. Fairly new to OSx86 but long been a modder...

My issue is this.. I have follwoed the guide and installed OS X 10.9 to my SP1

When I boot into Clover using the the created usb and select my SSD OS X boots with bluetooth etc working. however if I let the Surface boot on its own to the Clover installed on the SSD EFI and boot the OS from the SSD , Bluetooth and USB is not present / Working

Can you provide any guidance ? 

Regards

Ok , Seem to have it all working in 10.9.5  now .. absolutely awesome.. I'm using my LED Screen as a main display over HDMI ... Might be a simple one this.. .anyway to shut the tablet display down.. Closing the keyboard doesn't seem to do it. .

You might just want to enable "Mirror Displays" (so the tablet screen isn't an extension) and turn the brightness all the way down. 

• Like 1

(surfaceosx)

Hi All,

First time poster at Insanely Mac. I've been keeping an eye on this for guide for a while and finally bit the bullet and did an OS X 10.9.4 install on my 128gb SP1 with reasonable success. As with most people I am having a few little difficulties which I'm hoping someone here can help out:

1) USB works intermittently. It seems to work more frequently if its plugged in before I power up.

2) MicroSD works intermittently. With MicroSD inserted I occasionally get stuck on the "Surface" screen just after powering up. 10.9.4 only recognises the MicroSD is connected about 50% of the time.

3) Graphics are a little glitchy, when opening the app launcher, watching a video or transitioning to the dashboard the graphics stutter. I've installed the recommended graphics kext using the Vietnam tool but it didn't make a difference.

4) I've installed the new AppleHDA.kext after deleting the old one and sound is working but I don't understand what I need to do with the dsdt bit, can someone simplify what I need to do with the coding in the text file that goes with the new kext?

I'm new to Hackintoshes, pretty pleased with my first attempt but my knowledge is limited, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Guys, 

I have tried the main Surface Pro 2 guide twice and always get stuck on a Bluetooth error on boot up. I have done some searching but i can't find an answer. Someone did mention using a "CP -R" but I am unsure how to do this. Not how to copy... do you just use the copy command from the mac you are using to create the USB install media. 

I want to give Pokenguy  ​guide a try, but it is disjoined, there are files ref'ed in the comments to more files (newer packs). but the main guide does not make it clear where to use them. 

Any help, i would be very grateful.

R

P.s First post... on easy...  :wink_anim:

*EDIT*

7. Copy dsdt.aml/ssdt-0.aml/ssdt-1.aml from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched 

this step tell us to copy ssdt-0/1.aml to the path. But we have 4 ssdt files in the file pack. I am going to redo the steps and only copy the 2 named file and not all 4.

MS Surface Pro 2 | CPU i5-4200 | GPU - Intel HD 4400 | 4Gb RAM

Just an update:

1 & 2) Managed to get USB and MicroSD to work OK. Substituted for a different card and both the MicroSD and USB kicked into life.

3) Still having the graphics issue, looks like its QE/CI related? Appears that most people on here running 10.9.4 are having the same problem but I can't find any fix that has worked in the thread.

4) Still not sure about what I need to do to the DSDT after updating AppleHDA.kext. Its running fine so maybe I don't need to change this?

Thanks

(surfaceosx)

Hi All,

First time poster at Insanely Mac. I've been keeping an eye on this for guide for a while and finally bit the bullet and did an OS X 10.9.4 install on my 128gb SP1 with reasonable success. As with most people I am having a few little difficulties which I'm hoping someone here can help out:

1) USB works intermittently. It seems to work more frequently if its plugged in before I power up.

2) MicroSD works intermittently. With MicroSD inserted I occasionally get stuck on the "Surface" screen just after powering up. 10.9.4 only recognises the MicroSD is connected about 50% of the time.

3) Graphics are a little glitchy, when opening the app launcher, watching a video or transitioning to the dashboard the graphics stutter. I've installed the recommended graphics kext using the Vietnam tool but it didn't make a difference.

4) I've installed the new AppleHDA.kext after deleting the old one and sound is working but I don't understand what I need to do with the dsdt bit, can someone simplify what I need to do with the coding in the text file that goes with the new kext?

I'm new to Hackintoshes, pretty pleased with my first attempt but my knowledge is limited, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4) Still not sure about what I need to do to the DSDT after updating AppleHDA.kext. Its running fine so maybe I don't need to change this?

under the HDEF section, try changing:

"layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 

to:

"layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 

this worked for me

(SurfaceOSX)

Thanks for the help dudes. 

Anyone sussed out the QE/CI issue with 10.9.4? Will it fix if I update to 10.9.5?

I have checked the Extensions section under System Information and it looks like the AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext isn't loaded, however the AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext is. Is there any way that I can force load the HD4000 kext to fix this?

Other than the graphics everything is working really well. MicroSD occasionally disappears and the sleep just seems to turn off the screen but not sleep the surface which is a minor annoyance but I can live with that until theres a fix =).

Cheers!

i'm on 10.10 pb5 now and i was running 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 without any graphic issue and with full qe-ci as always, never experienced any problem with that, are you sure you are using the correct files? (config.plist, dsdt and ssdt etc from the latest Files Pack)

(SurfaceOSX)

Hi JahStories. My original install was 10.9.4 from my late 2008 Macbook. I then used you V 0.5.1 folder to build up the USB. Once the 10.9.4 install was complete I had to do things a little backwards to get clover installed to the Surface SSD, I had to load in safe mode with Graphics injection, install kexts (Clover failed to install in safe mode) then restart with injected kexts before installing Clover (the version included in v0.5.1). Once clover was installed I then swapped the AppleHDA.kext for the new one (remembering to delete the old one first). 

Thanks for your help!

i'm on 10.10 pb5 now and i was running 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 without any graphic issue and with full qe-ci as always, never experienced any problem with that, are you sure you are using the correct files? (config.plist, dsdt and ssdt etc from the latest Files Pack)

(SurfaceOSX)

Managed to get graphics to work by updating to 10.9.5 in the App Store and reinstalling AppleHDA.kext and AvastarFWLoader.kext.

The MicroSD problem is back though, when i put the surface to sleep it wakes up about a minute later and an error message pops up saying that the MicroSD hasn't been ejected properly. I then have to restart to get the MicroSD to function. Has anyone else experienced this issue or knows how to fix it?

WiFi dongle has arrived today so looking forward to giving that a go  :)

(SurfaceOSX)

Hi JahStories. My original install was 10.9.4 from my late 2008 Macbook. I then used you V 0.5.1 folder to build up the USB. Once the 10.9.4 install was complete I had to do things a little backwards to get clover installed to the Surface SSD, I had to load in safe mode with Graphics injection, install kexts (Clover failed to install in safe mode) then restart with injected kexts before installing Clover (the version included in v0.5.1). Once clover was installed I then swapped the AppleHDA.kext for the new one (remembering to delete the old one first). 

Thanks for your help!

(SurfaceOSX)

The MicroSD problem is back though, when i put the surface to sleep it wakes up about a minute later and an error message pops up saying that the MicroSD hasn't been ejected properly. I then have to restart to get the MicroSD to function. Has anyone else experienced this issue or knows how to fix it?

Take care of that issue as you might fry your μSD card. I already rendered one 64gb card useless (non writable state) because I ignored this message. If anyone knows how to fix the sleep issue or the card issue, I'd be grateful to know.

Seems the Intel driver changed on 10.9.5 so don't use the intelframebuffercapri.kext from the pack in 10.9.5. I did and now the graphics have been glitchy in Safari and some other apps. 

Seems likely that 10.9.5 graphics were functioning properly before I installed the driver from the pack. 

(SURFACEOSX)

Hello all

first of all I would like to thank jahstories for his great guide :) and all who are contributed with their advices and guidence

I managed to install maverick 10.9.4 the same way as did iFazz ,and had the same problem with QE/CI isn't enabled

if I update to 10.9.5 will this solve the problem ? and what should i reinstall like kext otherwise

any help is much appreciated

Hi Omega_XL,

Thanks! :D

Btw I never experienced no qe/ci or glitches on 10.9 and right now i'm on 10.10 pb5 and graphics are working well.

It seems that several solution have been provided already, but since i've never had this issue i can't point you to the right ones.

Just try a couple of provided solutions.

:)

P.s.

double check that you are using the provided config.plist.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm immensely grateful for the work you all have done.

I see macspike and pokenguy both have guides to installing 10.9 on the surface pro 2. Which should I use?

In addition, am I correct in thinking the only functionality I will lose is wifi? Will my touch display still have 1024 pressure levels?

Thanks.