[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

thx for quick reply jah :)

I update to 10.9.5 by downloading the combo update and once rebooted it solved my QE/CI issue , I have translucent bar and 1024 nvram !!

everything works like a charm :rolleyes:

now I just need to buy a compatible usb wifi adapter

good luck all

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

I have tried the main Surface Pro 2 guide twice and always get stuck on a Bluetooth error on boot up. I have done some searching but i can't find an answer. Someone did mention using a "CP -R" but I am unsure how to do this. Not how to copy... do you just use the copy command from the mac you are using to create the USB install media. 

I want to give Pokenguy  ​guide a try, but it is disjoined, there are files ref'ed in the comments to more files (newer packs). but the main guide does not make it clear where to use them. 

Any help, i would be very grateful.

R

P.s First post... on easy...  :wink_anim:

*EDIT*

7. Copy dsdt.aml/ssdt-0.aml/ssdt-1.aml from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched 

this step tell us to copy ssdt-0/1.aml to the path. But we have 4 ssdt files in the file pack. I am going to redo the steps and only copy the 2 named file and not all 4.

MS Surface Pro 2 | CPU i5-4200 | GPU - Intel HD 4400 | 4Gb RAM

Guys,

I have followed this guide to the T 3 times, I always get the same error. this is not my first hackintosh. But a can't get this install to boot.

I am creating the USB from a 10.9.4 OSX Macbook Pro. As i asked above. We have 4 ssdt-x.aml files. I am copying all 4 into the folder stated. "IF" i should only use the the first 2 as stated in guide. please let me know. 

So the usb boot always hangs at

[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] --Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Please help ... anyone

Thx

• Like 1

I can verify Ron2580s problem.

Spent all night fighting with this. Followed macspike's guide EXACTLY (except perhaps a different clover version).

Absolutely positively will NOT BOOT, can't even attempt to install.

Hangs on:

[iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] --Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Spent all night fighting with this. Followed macspike's guide EXACTLY (except perhaps a different clover version).

Hangs on:

... as a surface pro one user, my only hint is "are all the kexts installed corectly?"

i used the threadsearch function with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" ... found at least two solution approaches... did you see?

for the ssdt - dsdt stuff: IMHO only one file of each will be used: dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml ! files like ssdt-0.aml should be ignored. ...not really sure, may someone corrects me.

you dont need the funky terminal comands and can use drag and drop with the files.

Hangs on:

I followed the 2nd SP2 guide. UPDATE TO SP2 MAIN GUIDE:

Thanks to Pokenguy      (page 90)

And managed to get the tab to boot and install. Now i can't get the tab to boot correctly without the clover USB. but will sort that out soon enough.

Just some added info, my MS SP2 is from the UK. window if there are any diff's between the UK and USA versions.

R

Hi, i need help to install 10.9.0 on my SP1 128gb. I followed all steps (except Voodoo kext because it's not in V0.5.1 package) , installation was successful but when i reboot with clover on my SP1 OSX partition without caches and injected kext and like Ron2580 i'm staying blocked on the line: "**** IOBluetoothHCIController SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler -- missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

It can boot in SAFE MODE, MAVERICKS working nice but can't go ahead because of non USB availability...

What's have i done wrong ?

PS: i have installed Mavericks 10.9.0 on my usb stick from an .iso, not from a installESD

Hi All!

I had the bluetooth problem to start with and it was because I wasnt copying the kexts using terminal correctly. The when using cp -R if you have a space in your HDD name you need to put the name of the HDD in quotation marks, e.g. my HDD is called OS X so it would be:

• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

If your HDD doesn't have a space, for example: OSX you could type it into terminal as this (without the need for quotation marks):

• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions

You'll know if cp -R is successful if it comes up with nothing and just starts a new line.

I know this is simple stuff but if you're a newbie to all this its something that can be easily overlooked.

Hope this is helpful.

Take care of that issue as you might fry your μSD card. I already rendered one 64gb card useless (non writable state) because I ignored this message. If anyone knows how to fix the sleep issue or the card issue, I'd be grateful to know.

Note that in theory it is impossible for this to happen. The card was probably defective. Try to RMA it if you haven't already done so.

I've updated my SP2 4300U from 10.9.3 to 10.9.5 and I didn't have to do anything, it's already booting :/

By the way, anyone played with the kernel flags  -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle as mentioned in http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/ ?

After all, our USB problems are GenericUSBXHCI related.... and at least the SFPro1 does have a Series7 chipset (iirc the SFPro2 has a Series8 one).

... as a surface pro one user, my only hint is "are all the kexts installed corectly?"

i used the threadsearch function with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" ... found at least two solution approaches... did you see?

for the ssdt - dsdt stuff: IMHO only one file of each will be used: dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml ! files like ssdt-0.aml should be ignored. ...not really sure, may someone corrects me.

you dont need the funky terminal comands and can use drag and drop with the files.

Thanks. Unfortunately, we can't even make it to the installation to install the kexts. It's the boot prior to the install; it won't go through. In addition, ron2580 and I meticulously followed the guide 4 times, so I'm assuming everything was copied correctly to the USB.

I followed the 2nd SP2 guide. UPDATE TO SP2 MAIN GUIDE:

Thanks to Pokenguy      (page 90)

And managed to get the tab to boot and install. Now i can't get the tab to boot correctly without the clover USB. but will sort that out soon enough.

Just some added info, my MS SP2 is from the UK. window if there are any diff's between the UK and USA versions.

Please let me know as soon as you get your tablet to boot correctly. Thanks!

Hi All!

I had the bluetooth problem to start with and it was because I wasnt copying the kexts using terminal correctly. The when using cp -R if you have a space in your HDD name you need to put the name of the HDD in quotation marks, e.g. my HDD is called OS X so it would be:

• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

If your HDD doesn't have a space, for example: OSX you could type it into terminal as this (without the need for quotation marks):

• cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions

You'll know if cp -R is successful if it comes up with nothing and just starts a new line.

I know this is simple stuff but if you're a newbie to all this its something that can be easily overlooked.

Hope this is helpful.

Should we do ALL the copying via terminal?

The guide makes us copy kexts files while making the boot USB. So i used cp -R , Should we do the same for these steps

6. When installation is finished , copy Config.plist from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/

7. Copy dsdt.aml/ssdt-0.aml/ssdt-1.aml from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

8. Copy mach-kernel from attached files to your USB drive

9. Copy the extensions from the attached files to System/Library/Extensions

Let me know, I am get tried of getting no where with the 1st guide.

I did manage to get the 2nd guide working, but i broke that install some how.

So back with guide one again... i want to get the guide right.

Hi All!

Hope this is helpful.

Hi, my HDD part for install is called OSX without space, when i type cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions/ in terminal, it take it and start a new line as it have to do.

Checked on OSX/System/Library/Extensions, the two kext (FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager) are well there...

*UPDATE*
after a chat with the guys in the chat room, we should use 10.10 for the surface 2 pro (built in touch drivers).

I have a running OSX 10.10 MS surface pro. seem to work well and finger touch is working fine too.

HOWEVER... i still need to boot with my usb key. 

Looking for some help in getting the tab to boot with clover installed to the EFI partition. ( i have installed Clover with the setting as layed out in the guide)

But it is the install of the kext that seem to be my issue. Firstly... when you copy the kexts to [step 8] - to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 or 10.10 the folder 10.10 does not exist, so I just created it. 

I also used kext drop after just dropping the kexts files into the folder above. 

What is the latest and most up to date pack we should use for 10.10? and the dsdt and ssdt???

7. Go to EFI partition (or System partition), copy EFI/Clover/config.plist from CLOVER USB to EFI/Clover of EFI partition (or System partition).

8. Copy all kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other from USB to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 or 10.10 of EFI (or System partition) We need to clear up what file pack we should use

9. Download dsdt.aml and ssdt*.aml (in your 3.2 bootpack) to EFI/CLover/ACPI/patched/ of EFI (or System partition) I cant find a 3.2 boot pack

10. Go to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ folder and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi I cant find this folder? Is it only created IF we keep windows on the tab???

any help would be great, I might put together a little step by step if i get it going....

Hi ron,

there is already a thread about running osx 10.10 betas, use that thread to discuss about Yosemite, lets keep this thread about Maverick please.

Thanks!

P.S. 

I still don't suggest to update to Yosemite, just wait for the final version ;)

and keep in mind that even if there is a touch driver, it just works as a left one point click, the only way to get multitouch working right now is using touchbase's drivers.

Hi ron,

there is already a thread about running osx 10.10 betas, use that thread to discuss about Yosemite, lets keep this thread about Maverick please.

Thanks!

P.S. 

I still don't suggest to update to Yosemite, just wait for the final version ;)

and keep in mind that even if there is a touch driver, it just works as a left one point click, the only way to get multitouch working right now is using touchbase's drivers.

Sorry Jah, will move over the the other thread. As I saw the guide had 10.10 info in it, I thought it would be OK to talk about it on here.

But this guide, even if it is only for 10.9 still needs a clean up to make it more user friendly. too many pack's and file links that dont work any more and so on.makes it very hard to make sense of it, if you are a bit on a noob. (with 14 years windows and 1 year linux work exp  ;) )

No one is payed here,

take this guide as what it is,

be greatful for it....

cause many people worked out to make OsX boot without any reference at all...

and its with this guide that a lot of other guys got OsX working without really messing around at all...

it's always an hackintosh, not a plug and play experience

hope you understand.

OsX86 is fun even because you learn something new...

Cheers

About  "**** IOBluetoothHCIController SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler -- missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

Should i remove all unnecessary kext in SYSTEM/IBRARY/EXTENSIONS ? Which are the native kext necessary to run 10.9 on Surface Pro 1 ?

...take this guide as what it is,

be greatful for it....

No one's being ungrateful. And your work on getting touchbase to do the drivers is quite valued.

But your guides don't work. Idk if apple changed what you download when you get maverick or not, but as you can tell there have been a whole slew of us who can't use your guides anymore. When we point out that the guides aren't working (3-4 of us I think within the past page or two) we get told we should be grateful for what we have.

(SurfaceOSX)

Hi,

I'm having the issue with access to iMessage. Have tried a few of the how-to guides but none seem to be working. Does anyone have a confirmed method of getting iMessage/App Store etc. to work on the SP1?

I'm not sure if this is part of the same issue but I'm also unable to stream from my shared music library stored on a networked NAS drive. The drive is visible in iTunes and I can also access files in Finder, but when I click on the drive in iTunes it attempts to access it then does nothing.

Should we do ALL the copying via terminal?

The guide makes us copy kexts files while making the boot USB. So i used cp -R , Should we do the same for these steps

6. When installation is finished , copy Config.plist from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/
8. Copy mach-kernel from attached files to your USB drive
9. Copy the extensions from the attached files to System/Library/Extensions

Let me know, I am get tried of getting no where with the 1st guide.

I did manage to get the 2nd guide working, but i broke that install some how.
So back with guide one again... i want to get the guide right.

Hi ron2580,

Make sure you're only using files from V0.5.1 (file path in the guide).

I only had to copy the FakeSMC and ACPIBattery manager (note VoodooHDA is no longer used) as detailed in the step by step and then booted in safe mode with Graphics injector settings 0x1660009, loadvbios and injectedid.

Once booted I installed the remaining kexts using kextwizard (you can find it quite easily online) as I didnt find kext drop very reliable, they essentially do the same thing though.

I couldnt install clover in safe mode, once the remaining kexts were installed in Library/Extensions I shut down and could boot without caches and injected kexts then installed Clover after that.

Once clover is installed you can copy dsdt, ssdt, config.plist etc to the EFI partition without the need for Terminal.

Hope this helps.

Hi iFazz,

For iMessage you should mess more to get a working (apple recognized) serial, if you did not, take a look here or use search, there are a lot of useful threads...

about your problem with your NAS, that seems related to a local network issue and have nothing to do with iMessage ;)

Hello.

I want to buy MS Surface pro 2 and i have a few questions:

1. Regarding to this guide, "• cp –R /mach_kernel /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/" we need patched kernel? Why vanila kernel didn't work?

2. Why we using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext?

3. Why VoodooHDA.kext and not applehda? What sound system installed in surface 2?

4. What about wi-fi? Is it working? What wi-fi card installed into surface? Is it replaceable?

5. What about battery life with osx on surface 2? What is battery capacity?

Sorry for my english.

(surface2osx)

First off thanks for this guide and all your work! I'm now happily booting between OS X and Windows 8.1. I also wanted to mention I was able to get the external WiFi card (Edimax EW-7811Un based on RTL8188CUS chipset) working on 10.10 with the Airlink 10.9 drivers (http://www.airlink101.com/download/awll5088.php) - the official Edimax drivers refused to install.

This question is for Pokenguy as I used your guide to get 10.10 up & running. Now that Yosemite is officially released I was hoping you could answer. I'm unable to see my exFAT Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC card in Disk Utility. I can see it in Windows. The GenericUSBXHCI.kext file is there with the others in EFI (i.e. NullEthernet, and the App Store works fine). I also tried loading with Kext Drop. This is my first Hackintosh so I may be doing something wrong, though everything else works great. I am experienced with CLI/Linux. Is there anything I can try to get that recognized and accessible? I'm trying to get a shared read/write storage between Windows & OS X.

Also, though it doesn't really matter, there is a graphical glitch during the boot sequence of OS X where the Apple logo is duplicated several times across the screen. Is that normal?

Thanks again!

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 OS: Windows 8.1, OS X 10.10 CPU: i5-4200U GPU: HD4400 RAM: 4GB 1333 WiFi: RTL8188CUS SSD: 128GB

(surface2osx)

First off thanks for this guide and all your work! I'm now happily booting between OS X and Windows 8.1. I also wanted to mention I was able to get the external WiFi card (Edimax EW-7811Un based on RTL8188CUS chipset) working on 10.10 with the Airlink 10.9 drivers (http://www.airlink101.com/download/awll5088.php) - the official Edimax drivers refused to install.

This question is for Pokenguy as I used your guide to get 10.10 up & running. Now that Yosemite is officially released I was hoping you could answer. I'm unable to see my exFAT Sandisk Ultra 64GB SDXC card in Disk Utility. I can see it in Windows. The GenericUSBXHCI.kext file is there with the others in EFI (i.e. NullEthernet, and the App Store works fine). I also tried loading with Kext Drop. This is my first Hackintosh so I may be doing something wrong, though everything else works great. I am experienced with CLI/Linux. Is there anything I can try to get that recognized and accessible? I'm trying to get a shared read/write storage between Windows & OS X.

Also, though it doesn't really matter, there is a graphical glitch during the boot sequence of OS X where the Apple logo is duplicated several times across the screen. Is that normal?

Thanks again!

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 OS: Windows 8.1, OS X 10.10 CPU: i5-4200U GPU: HD4400 RAM: 4GB 1333 WiFi: RTL8188CUS SSD: 128GB

Hi corsiva, would you please guide me on how to get Yosemite running on Surface Pro 2? I tried following Pokenguy's guide but I am not able to boot from the USB drive. I have 10.9.4 running fine though. Not sure which step I did wrong.

Hi corsiva, would you please guide me on how to get Yosemite running on Surface Pro 2? I tried following Pokenguy's guide but I am not able to boot from the USB drive. I have 10.9.4 running fine though. Not sure which step I did wrong.

Hi, I'm not sure. I followed Pokenguy's guide as well. I ran into a few snags and basically formatted & tried again. Eventually I got it working although I don't think I ever had a problem booting from USB. I ran into an odd issue where it would show the Apple logo and disappear but I shut the Surface down & disconnected/reconnected the keyboard and that seemed to solve it. I am running the latest version of Clover rather than the version included in Pokenguy's guide. I tried both and had the same experience. I also had to (once booted into Clover) go into Clover settings and select "add UEFI boot option for Clover" (or something like that). I also did not get a 10.10 folder in my Clover partition so I copied those files to 10.9, "Extras", and created that 10.10 folder just in case. I don't know which of the 3 is working.

I should also mention I just noticed I'm having an issue where if I close the Type Pad 2, OS X will not resume. If I hit the power button instead, the screen does not turn off. When I open the TP2 I can see the screen is on but it is just black. I have to hard reset every time. For me, this definitely prevents OS X 10.10 from being a usable OS and more of a science project. Is anyone else having that issue?

Scratch that! I was mucking around with the kexts, trying to get a different blend going, borked my system, fixed that, and am no longer having an issue. Closing the TP2 will not put the machine to sleep but holding the power button for 1/2 second will shut off the screen and resume just fine.

Nevermind again. If I hit the power button it goes to "sleep" for about 30 seconds, then disconnects from wifi & turns the screen back on.

Here is the relevant info from dmesg (I see it's being issued a remote wakeup call - I tested putting the SP2 to sleep with no USB WiFi and with the TP2 disconnected and got exactly the same dmesg output so I'm not 100% sure what it could be):

in6_domifattach: in6_ifattach_prelim returned 22 if=en0
PM response took 893 ms (26, powerd)
PM response took 3133 ms (26, powerd)
[0x29c80d000, 0x40000000]
[0x0, 0x0]
         0 [Time 1413874843] [Message Wake reason: GLAN EHC2
Previous sleep cause: 5
USBF:    870.829    AppleUSBEHCI: setPowerState - PCI device still has PME status bit set. PMCSR is 0x8008
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
RestoreControllerStateFromSleep: Port 10 on bus 0xa - connect status changed but still enabled. clearing enable bit: portSC(0xe2a1203)
in6_domifattach: in6_ifattach_prelim returned 22 if=en0
full wake request (reason 1) 320 ms
FO
en1: attached with 4 suspended link-layer multicast membership(s)
en1: successfully restored 4 suspended link-layer multicast membership(s) (err=0)
FO