[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested I did some googling and found a AppleHda 10.9.4 patched kext for our codec on the 'Surface Pro 2' I have the model with the Intel 4300u. The kext also came with a read me txt to change the layout of the audio under HDEF to layout 3 in your own DSDT. The original pre-patched DSDT for the surface pro 2 on this guide has a layout code of 'c'. Anyway after modifying the 'layout' only in the DSDT and installing the pre-patched AppleHda patched for codec ALC280. I have audio through AppleHDA with no problems and I reinstalled recently and I'm just running vanilla 10.9. 

If anyone wants to update past 10.9.3 you can update right up to 10.9.5 if you just google for a haswell patched mach_kernel for 10.9.5. It worked for me. I never found a proper fix for the gfx artifacts, after 10.9.2. Even 10.9.3 I had to rollback all the intelHD5000 kexts to 10.9.2 or 10.9.1 to fix artifacts. But if you update to latest 10.9.5 you can just simply logout and log back in and or change your colour profile. I also found on 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 the battery drained quickly. I never really investigated why. 

I have a 27" Apple Cinema Display 2010 model I think that I use with my Surface and there are no problems with that either.

Cheers everyone for the guide and hard work on this stuff. I love my Surface Pro 2, best hybrid computer ever! You can run mac, you can game on it. Pretty sweet device.

Just post a reply here or email me at daletanium@gmail.com. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the link or upload the file here. If someone tells me otherwise I will be happy to do so.

(surfaceosx)

I followed the guide to install osx on my surface pro 1 but I am having some issues.

The display is working but I am getting some noise with multiple colors that flicker a rainbow color outwards.

I am using OSX 10.9.2 with files privded from v0.5.1.  I download the latest clover v2k r2953.

Thanks.

[surface2pro first rev, 512gb, 8gb]

Hi!

I managed to fresh install Yosemite final using "Pokenguy SP2 10.9 10.10 DP1 Guide: supported by Pokenguy".

After installed using Pokenguy method and files; I have installed latest clover v2953. Then used Pokenguy config.plist and kexts, plus bluetooth support kexts Mavericks. And I was able too boot perfectly.

Now, after all of that I tried using Mavericks install DSDT and also config.plist, but then Yosemite stopped booting with no visible errors or anything, just hangs for ever at some point... So, the only way to boot and having basic stuff working was without any patched aml file, and Pokenguy Clover config.plist. Seems to be working good anyways. The only issue I see so far is the Battery status not showing, and also the internal Fan is flying all the time! Any advice?

Thanks for all... 

@all Yosemites: the yosemite thread is HERE

@nonameentername: it is probably a problem with not installing ALL kexts (use kextdrop or else..for the S/L/E folder/ drag and drop for the clover-folder in your efi), or your dsdt, ssdt isnt in the right folder...

• Like 1

@caleidosCope: At the very beginning of this thread I saw the Yosemite guide, that's why I posted in here. 

Also, just checked your link, and there is no references to Surface Pro 2, just Surface Pro 1st gen... Hmmmm... But just posted there...

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Forgive me if this is a Newbish questions (as I'm new to the surface and Hackintosh world)... as I have been reading this forum I know it is possible to boot OSX off a MicroSD card (But you will suffer loss in Speed & Performance)... My question:

1) Would I have to Partition the MicroSD into a OSX partition & a Partition for Clover (To be able to boot from the MicroSD, without the need for a USB?

2) Once OSX is installed, will I have access to my Windows partition from the OSX operating system? Or will I have to install Bootcamp tools or Parallels to gain access?

3) The Trail Touch-base Drivers, when will the trial period end? Does anyone know how much a license will cost afterwards?

4) The new Yosemite Topic is titled for Surface Pro 1st gen (SP1) does that mean that there isn't a guide for Surface Pro 2 (SP2) ? as I have seen some videos and post (but I forget where) of Yosemite installed on SP2?

5) How big of a partition or MicroSD do you guys recommend for OSX?

Thank you in advance,

@7seven

Welcome and thanks for editing your signature.

there are maverick torrents you can find around, do a Goggle search.

@Oxycodon

Please take your time to change your avatar, this is a public forum and no one likes to help someone that's showing his middle finger...

:)

@Oxycodon

1)I personally never tried a microsd installation, but yes you need to have the boot loader installed on the sd or the local ssd if you don't wanna boot with a pen drive.

2)to access mac partition on windows you have to use apps such macdrive or paragonhfs. Same thing to access ntfs partition with write support on the mac side.

3)the trial drivers offer just something like 100 clicks or touches, sadly the license isn't cheap at all: 99$

4)even if there is a guide only for the Sp1 many people reported successfully installation even on the Sp2... while its still early for a full working Sp3...

5)a minimum of 32gb

:)

hope i've been helpful...

have fun and good hack!

@Jahstories

Thank you very much, you actually have been a great help

but regarding installing clover on the MicroSD, when I power on while holding down the Volume down will the surface actually read  Clover off the MicroSD, or is it just programmed in the BIOS to boot from USB or SSD?

sp2osx

I managed quite fine to have 10.9.4 working on my sp2, but no way to have yosemite final. I used the pokenguy tut, using his efi package, but booting hangs on a screen with a forbidden sign.

Any suggestion on how to fix it? If you need any verbose info feel free to ask, I have to add that I own the new version of sp2 with faster cpu

Running 10.10 on my SP2 here, I'm surprised no one has dropped a guide yet? Maybe i should give it a go :)

Everything works OOB except for the obvious (WIFI/BT/Battery(kind of)).

• Like 2

Hi liliha,

welcome and thanks for posting your feedback about your installation...

Feel free to use parts of the actual guide to write one for the SP2, I think that a lot of people would like such a thing ;)

Running 10.10 on my SP2 here, I'm surprised no one has dropped a guide yet? Maybe i should give it a go :)

That would be appreciated. I've been following this thread on and off for a year, and I finally decided to plunge in and attempt to get Yosemite installed on my SP2.... not having much luck. There's a wealth of information on the forums, but it looks like you have to piece parts together from several guides in order to progress.

For example:

1. Power up holding the volume down, with the USB stick installed

I didn't realize you needed to let go of the power button after the screen turned on and that you should continue holding on to the volume down until clover boots.

1. Clover will boot up, choose your USB stick and boot without caches and injected kext

I didn't realize you needed to tap spacebar to get into the submenus to navigate to "boot without caches and injected kext"

It would be very cool if you can provide a little guide for sp2

• Like 1

Is anyone one else getting a laggy/ slow experience when using Yosemite post installation?  For me I keep getting the spinning beach for every basic task that I launch,

I am using am using a surface pro 2 with the new cpu, and I am  following the Pokenguy guide.

UPDATE: I got it running stable now. It seems that if you make your MAC partition any less that 32GB Then the system will become very slow.

So don't make it any smaller than 32GB, or you will be plagued by the Spinning Beach Ball of Death.

I am got my Surface pro 2 running the Latest version of android 4.4.4  installed to the SSD and Yosemite

I am gonna try to finalize this Yosemite installation  to get as much things running smoothly as possible  then I will post a guide 

for you guys on how I got it and Android running side by side without the need for a  Usb or SD boot media. 

• Like 2