[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Just do that

Just a side note... I would not do it that way.

Done correctly, the patch is applied to the SSDT that contains the GFX0 device definition. The BAR1 address is subject to change based on machine configuration -- it should not be hardcoded.

Yeah sorry, should have mentioned I got that BAR1 address from Windows. I haven't used the DSDT from the main post (made my own)

(surface2osx)

Also, I really recommend everyone patching their own dsdt via rehabman's guide.

The dsdt.aml file works, but it does have a bunch of warnings.

https://github.com/R...patch-your-DSDT

To fix brightness on a resolved dsdt.aml file with no warnings & errors, I did the below:

From Rehabman's patches:

1. Use patch 2.11 (Rename GFX0 to IGPU)

2. Find out the BAR1 for the Intel Corp VGA controller in Windows with RW-Everything

3. Use patch 2.10 (Brighness fix Haswell), modify the patch so "Subtract(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, 4)" is equal to the value you found out for BAR1

and remove "^^PCI0.IGPU._DOS(Arg0)\n"

You'll have to find your own BAR1.

Yeah sorry, should have mentioned I got that BAR1 address from Windows. I haven't used the DSDT from the main post (made my own)

You'll have to find your own BAR1.

Or do it correctly like I mention in post #851.

Tried that but SSDT 1 through to 9 from the SP2 does not have the BAR1 object.

Suggestions?

The BAR1 is added by the patch. What you're looking for is GFX0 device definition ('Device (GFX0') which has the IGDP OperationRegion definition. That is the SSDT you patch (with rename+brightness fix). DSDT must also be patched with rename. DSDT must have no PNLF patch (neither added manually or automatically via Clover)

Post an entire set of native DSDT/SSDT if you want me to find it...

(SP1)

Ok great. Seems to be stable now with just nullethernet and NO wifi USB adapter. I was hoping it was that. Now, what are SP1 folks using successfully for wifi adapter?

I'm using the EDIMAX ew-7811un

I have everything working Message, iCloud, App Store and iTunes. I was able to download all of my app from the store!!!

@kevkranker

Thanks for reporting the success, since not every user has icloud access, did you do something particular?

@swiner

i've not tried the official surface dp->vga but dp->hdmi cable works for sure...

@akzidenz

i Don't suggest users to extract their own dsdt,

the dsdts in the file package got a lot of small edits, and probably you are going to miss some and report errors that others users are not experiencing since they are using provided tables and configs.

the files package are made to be improved, this is why it's still v0.3...

if everybody uses his own files we are not going anywhere...

:2cents:

@uhoh

Thanks, i've tested m$ dp->vga too and it works perfectly!

btw i think swyner intend the official m$ usb to ethernet, and i don't think that there are drivers for that on osx... :/

(surfaceosx)

Question re: Touch-Base drivers. I'm using the latest trial version of the driver, my Pen has one of the supported PIDs (0x07A9, as mentioned in their website's latest update from today), and yet the driver does not take control of the Pen  :blink:

When I open the UPDD Console, I can adjust settings for the touch digitizer, but the Pen doesn't even show up. It should do so following a click in the highlighted section of the screenshot below, no? For me, the "Atmel, maXTouch Digitizer (8xxx)" is not clickable.

mssurface_touchbase.jpg

Anyone have any tips on how to get this working properly? 

Thanks!

^ Good point!

Apple's USB Ethernet adapter works without an additional driver under OS X but needs one to work under Windows. Forget all the nonsense you read online about unsigned drivers downloaded from the Asix website. Simply download Apple's BootCamp support pack from here: "http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638", extract the driver from the archive (BootCamp5.0.5033/BootCamp/Drivers/Asix/AsixSetup64.exe) and install away.

(surfaceosx)

Thank you all. 

1) I want to know if it is possible to choose the partition to start in clover without using the keyboard (for editing using the touch or volume keys). 

2) It is possible by a change to the EFI partition, remove the writing surface with a red background, leaving the secure boot disabled? 

3) From windows I change the screen brightness with FN+CANC and FN+Backspace. What keys change the brightness from the Mac? (Do not tell me to use Brightness Slider)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Today I bought this device (USB 3.0 Hub + Ethernet):

It should be compatible with both Win and Mac. When I come to inform you if it works.

Edited by StefanoMacOSX

1. Open cloverconfigurator, select boot on the upper left, then write the name of your partition under default boot volume, it may not works with spaces. (ex. Surface SSD no, SurfaceSSD yes)
  2. i don't think you can get the rid out of the red screen without a firmware mod.
  3. use Brightness menulet.

Nice adapter!!

i'd like something like that but with wifi :D

(surfaceosx)

First off I want to thank all on this forum for working together to get our Surface Pro working!!!  I have finally got to the point where everything is working flawlessly from auto boot in Clover, to sleep, USB Wifi adapter (yes, got a new one and the old one was the culprit for random reboots), iCloud and Apps store working via NullEthernet.  I also have dual display and I supposed since iCloud and App store are working, my Airplay to Apple TV works perfect!  Thank you.

However, I am still having iMessage and FaceTime ACTIVATION issues....upon getting my system setup with new USB wifi adapter as well as USB Lan working, I was able to activate and get iMessages working.  However, I have rebooted several times just to install stuff and now the iMessage and FaceTime are not verifying or activating.  Sometimes it does and I get the "Your Macbook Air has just activated iMessage" on my iPhone but sometimes it just doesn't activate.   I have had times where it gives me this message on my iPhone each time I reboot my Surface but again, other times, nothing.  All of this is happening when I still have iCloud and App Store fully working.  I have read through other forums on this issue and did some stuff (i.e. reset my apple id password) and that works initially but then BAM, no activation when I restart my computer.  Is there something in the boot process that is generating a random MAC or something else that is causing this???  I have successfully randomized a serial (and checked on apple support with it working...also App Store or iCloud would not work if this serial was not working).  Any help on this would be appreciated!!

Thanks again all.

@swyner

I don't use iMessage or FaceTime but they're working ok for me!

Have you installed nullethernet correctly?

IF yes, try this:

Disconnect your usb wifi adapter.

go to System preferences/network and delete all interfaces, click apply then reboot. ( you can also delete  /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, just to be sure).

once booted up go to network interfaces again and add "Ethernet" interface, click apply.

connect your usb wifi then add the wlan interfacce(if it's not automatically added) then click apply.

now test the apps see if they work.

@swyner

I don't use iMessage or FaceTime but they're working ok for me!

Have you installed nullethernet correctly?

IF yes, try this:

Disconnect your usb wifi adapter.

go to System preferences/network and delete all interfaces, click apply then reboot. ( you can also delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, just to be sure).

once booted up go to network interfaces again and add "Ethernet" interface, click apply.

connect your usb wifi then add the wlan interfacce(if it's not automatically added) then click apply.

now test the apps see if they work.

Hmmm. You might be on to something. I do have nullethernet installed properly since I did do that and iCloud and App Store work BUT I did install my new wifi and USB LAN adapter since following the nullethernet steps. Will try.

1. Open cloverconfigurator, select boot on the upper left, then write the name of your partition under default boot volume, it may not works with spaces. (ex. Surface SSD no, SurfaceSSD yes)

Thank you. 
I have set the default partition windows. 
During startup, if I want to start the mac partition and do not have a keyboard? 
Is there a way to change the partition during boot?