[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

@dmazar

I agree that it's not about something going accidentally wrong; but it's just that os x has very specific requirements. 

hackintoshing wouldn't be a thing if os x supported universal installation (for lack of a better, tech-ish word) like windows and linux.

I've had another go, followed the instructions to the letter for my Surface Pro 2 (added to sig below), only using the V3 files (not copying across the extra ssdt-2, 3, 4 etc that were also in the folder) and still get exactly the same errors:

"Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory"

Followed by

"NTSF-fs error (device /dev/disk0s4. pid 220): ntfs_restart_page_border_is_valid(): $LogFile version 2.0 is not supported. (This driver supports version 1.1 only)"

Plus a few others like that, then followed by a scrolling wall of errors (see previous pic posted)

It'll then arrive at the white screen with the Apple logo and just keep the rainbow spinny thing going forever until I finally power it down

I had once an issue on my laptop when I installed UEFI Windows 7 first and then OSX after it. Windows created 100 MB EFI partition as the first partition and that is fine. But OSX wants 200 MB EFI partition and then later OSX installer created another 200 MB EFI partition somewhere in the middle of the disk. This is not good.

I solved the problem by reformatting the disk and installing OSX first (it created 200 MB EFI partition) and then Windows (it used existing EFI partition).

I do not know if the same issue exists here, but there should be only one EFI partition and should be the first one on the disk (in OSX diskXs1). I it is not - something went wrong and it's not good.

I can confirm this. I was having issues installing clover to the SSD but after partitioning the whole drive then installing OSX first, I was able to install clover to the SSD

Also, I am having trouble getting sound and bluetooth to work on the Surface Pro 1 128GB

Is that still an issue now? or is there a fix?

Thanks

@brynrsr

Sound, yes. Bluetooth still has not been fixed. Check Macspike's method for sound.

Thanks! I checked it out, but it didn't work. He said it was for the SF2, I Have the Surface Pro 1, tried it out anyway though, but it didn't work.

-EDIT- Ok, I got it to work. Just reinstalled the voodooHDA.kext from the original post, changed the output, and it worked.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Buy touch driver with volumn discount

Just talked to dave @ touch base, he can offer 5 license @ $80 each, or 10 license @ $60 each

Still see if can get better price, but anyone interested in get license together?

If we can find 10, I'd be down for a copy.

@thatoneging - yeah... definitely not ideal but, beggars can't be choosers :P

Also, do you know if its possible to add touch to the clover booter?

Whenever I'm using my Surface as just a tablet, and I need to reset, it resets into the clover booter, which boots into OSX automatically after 3 seconds, but if I need to access windows, I have to attach a peripheral quickly before it boots into OSX, which is not ideal when I'm using it as a tablet.

It'd be a lot simpler if I could just touch the drives in Clover boot. Or be able to navigate with the volume rocker. Know of anyway to do this?

Thanks.

@rfic I am totally down if we can get 10 people together.

Just talked to dave @ touch base, he can offer 5 license @ $80 each, or 10 license @ $60 each

Still see if can get better price, but anyone interested in get license together?

Put me down for a copy if you can get the ten, thanks.

I will buy @5 or @10 discount 

@brynrsr

(surfaceosx)

did you installed voodoohda?

DON'T USE MACSPIKE AUDIO FIX, THAT'S FOR THE SURFACE PRO 2.

and PLEASE

when you ask for help, Please remember to attach the right badge on the top of your post,
one of these:
 (surfaceosx) (surface2osx) (surfacewin) (surface2win) (androsurface) (androsurface2)
AND Write your hw in the signature

@everyone

Please if someone ask for help remember him to use the badges and update the signature, thanks as always for Help.

@rfic & touchbase discount interested

now that you know how to achieve the discount please use Personal Messages,

so if some one want to partecipate to this "discount" send rfic a pm

THANKS TO EVERYONE IS HELPING AND CONTRIBUTING

:red_indian:

(SurfaceOSX)

OK, guess I have to format the whole SSD, install OSX and then windows in order to install clove to Mac OS partition. 

The problem now is how do I get a bootable windows on USB?

I installed Rufus but couldn't find recovery ISO from the recovery partition; 

I then created a recovery bootable USB from surface, only found that the EFI was messed up by Mac OS and I cannot boot from it!

I then tried to download a windows 8.1 ISO following this: http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33164-how-download-windows-8-1-iso.html

only found out that the product key I found out from my Surface is not good for this retail version...

Any other way? Thanks!

you have to use only windows 8.1 PRO image with a generic PRO code and then via kms "inject" the right product key, i've personally used rufus, and it should work, creating a bootable windows 8.1 installer is not strictly related to osx installation, it will boot even with a broken or disconnected HD, it doesn't care about any efi partition... if rufus is not working try another utility.

P.s.

after "injecting" the correct serial, windows could ask for phone activation, if it does simply do it ;)

UPDATE

(surfaceosx)

The latest voodoohda (2.8.4) brings support to minidisplay port audio just be sure use midisetup after the installation and use a lower frequency or you'll experience audio glitches...

i'm working on making headphone autodetection working too...

thx :D

• Like 2

you have to use only windows 8.1 PRO image with a generic PRO code and then via kms "inject" the right product key, i've personally used rufus, and it should work, creating a bootable windows 8.1 installer is not strictly related to osx installation, it will boot even with a broken or disconnected HD, it doesn't care about any efi partition... if rufus is not working try another utility.

P.s.

after "injecting" the correct serial, windows could ask for phone activation, if it does simply do it ;)

JahStories, I guess the question really is how to get windows 8.1 Pro image? My initiate understanding is that Rufus should be able to find the ISO from the recovery partition on Surface, but since my Surface Pro 1 came with windows 8, it would be windows 8 anyway? Again, by using Rufus I couldn't find any ISO on surface. Thanks again for any help. 

Let me know as well, i'm interested in the @5 or @10 license deal