[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surfaceOSX)

OK, used Rufus to prepare a bootable USB driver; tested it on my old Win XP Dell laptop and I could boosted into it. 

I then went ahead to use the bootable Mac OSX to partition the whole SSD, successfully installed Mac OS...

Then I inserted the bootable windows USB drive, pressed vol down + power, every time it booted into Mac OS, no windows installer appeared. What could be the reason? I did noticed that Rufus automatically changed FAT to NFAT and I used a 64GB USB drive.... Thanks for any help! This would be the my last step for a whole week's try...

My bootable usb wouldn't work when using Rufus for some reasons it would always go to clover, and then I started again and made the bootable usb with boot camp and it work, make sure you have secure boot turned off

Glad that it did happened. Guess I will find some other software for a bootable usb drive. Thanks man!

• Like 1

UPDATE

(surfaceosx)

The latest voodoohda (2.8.4) brings support to minidisplay port audio just be sure use midisetup after the installation and use a lower frequency or you'll experience audio glitches...

i'm working on making headphone autodetection working too...

thx :D

SP2 fix for minidisplay as well? Nevermind, just looked at the bug sheet. I'm more interested in installing a lighter weight Ubuntu based spin, but the clover config setup is throwing me through loops to get it to properly boot.

(SrufaceOSX)

@jacobbloy

I tried at least three different bootable usb tools for windows, non of them worked and then I tried boot camp, wow, it worked!

Most of the things worked except the following:  

1) Followed Fix Bootloader in Reinstalling Windows part in JahStories's instruction, still cannot choose between windows and Macos WITHOUT osx usb drive; 

2) Audio is not working, Mute is always checked and in gray; despite voodooHDA.kext showed up in the kext extension; 

3) brightness bar was in the Display preference, but now it's gone. 

Thanks for any help!

(surfaceosx)

So I knew it was too good to be true.  Either I am the only one on this forum that uses iMessage and FaceTime on my Surface Mac OS or something is really screwy!!  So all was good for a week or so, went to my brother in laws for the weekend and logged into his wifi.  When I did that, iCloud password was requested, keyed in my password CORRECTLY 3 times then all seemed to work..iMessage, FaceTime, App Store.

Then I come home today, I boot up the Surface and have to reselect my saved wifi location....fine, logs in no problem however iCloud password request comes up and it did it's 3 times even with correct password.  Now my iMessage and FaceTime are NOT activating....logged in ok but says "inactive".  What the f???  There has to be something that is being done to the NullEthernet fix when I logged into a new wifi location....something must have screwed that up.  

There has to be someone else on this forum that has logged into a different wifi and had similar problem??  Anyone?

UPDATE

(surfaceosx)

The latest voodoohda (2.8.4) brings support to minidisplay port audio just be sure use midisetup after the installation and use a lower frequency or you'll experience audio glitches...

i'm working on making headphone autodetection working too...

thx :D

Hey Jah, where did you put the download for the new Voodoohda 2.8.4?  I looked on the original guide and couldn't find it.

(surfaceosx)

Can anybody confirm that video players (such as VLC or Quicktime) is laggy for SP1/2?

No laggy on Quicktime on SP1. Not test VLC.

I have an issue, my Surface Pro 1 sometimes (5 out 10) need long time to boot up ( about 1 min). If this happens, SP1 audio will be chopping... This is my boot up log file

Seems ‘Unable to determine UUID for host...'

[surfacepro1osx]

Today I re-install clover on hard drive, since I updated windows 8, which overwrite my clover booting. Everything goes back to normal except I can NOT shut down mac osx by software, instead, I have to push button to power down

Anyone has similar issue?

(Surface2OSX)

Hi there, the 14 february had an update of the drivers (touch and pen). Now the drivers detect the pen but when I am going to calibrate, the calibrate window doesnt detect the pen touches.

has anyone got calibrate the pen drivers?

@rfic 

Probably because you are not using provided guide, did you took a look at this?

Please don't post parallel guides, if you want to improve it write me a PM.

Please remove that guide you posted asap, we are giving support only to those using the provided guide, cause if you use different method you'll have different bugs!

NO SUPPORT IF YOU USE OTHER GUIDES OR FILES PACKAGE.

@Dahnark

Send and email to touchbase support, just to be sure. :)

@StefanoMacOsx

i don't know why the icons disappeared XD but the dock latency doesn't seem so critical but if you wanna try to "fix it" try cleaning the drive with disk utility, repair permission a complete safeboot (boot safely then reboot)... or try cleanmymac... :/

@thatoneging

18gigs Mkv movies works without glitches on Vlc, 0 lag.

(surfaceosx)

... Then I come home today, I boot up the Surface and have to reselect my saved wifi location....fine, logs in no problem however iCloud password request comes up and it did it's 3 times even with correct password.  Now my iMessage and FaceTime are NOT activating....logged in ok but says "inactive".  What the f???  There has to be something that is being done to the NullEthernet fix when I logged into a new wifi location....something must have screwed that up.  There has to be someone else on this forum that has logged into a different wifi and had similar problem??  Anyone?

I have the same issues, swyner. Following the steps in this thread, I can set it up so it works exactly once until I reboot and/or change the network interface (i.e. from USB Ethernet to USB Wifi or vice versa), thn it always asks me for my iCloud password upon reboot and iMessage and FaceTime no longer work. The only thing I can always get to work is Apple's App Store. I've pretty much given up on iMessage for the time being. :(

Can anybody confirm that video players (such as VLC or Quicktime) is laggy for SP1/2?

Works fine here with 1080p mkv files either locally on SSD or from media server via Wifi, using latest VLC or MPlayer. Give MPlayerX a try, it's relatively old by now but much better than VLC, which is a total resource hog on the Mac.

@uhoh

It kills me to think VLC isnt the best anymore, I practically grew up with it lol. Ill give it a shot, I might throw it on my PS3 and see how Showtime runs it

BTW,

the newest Android OS came out a few days ago. I'm going to give it a whirl tonight, see if it installs fine from the android guide on this forum.

@rfic

Probably because you are not using provided guide, did you took a look at this?

Please

don't post parallel guides

, if you want to improve it write me a PM.

Please remove that guide you posted asap, we are giving support only to those using the provided guide, cause if you use different method you'll have different bugs!

NO SUPPORT IF YOU USE OTHER GUIDES OR FILES PACKAGE.

@Dahnark

Send and email to touchbase support, just to be sure. :)

@StefanoMacOsx

i don't know why the icons disappeared XD but the dock latency doesn't seem so critical but if you wanna try to "fix it" try cleaning the drive with disk utility, repair permission a complete safeboot (boot safely then reboot)... or try cleanmymac... :/

@thatoneging

18gigs Mkv movies works without glitches on Vlc, 0 lag.

But nobody have tried to calibrate pen with the latest drivers?

@Dahnark

The latest trial driver calibrates the pen to allow it to work fairly well. However, it does not support pressure sensitivity and the eraser function. Fortunately, the latest drivers are for sale, and can be bought cheaper as a group. Right now they are 2 short to have a group of ten, which would run you 60 bucks for the final driver.

@cs4602

You may not like to hear it, but the way I fixed my slow issue was completely reinstalling the OS and being careful with installing the audio patch and others. The last time I accidentally used the SP1 patch instead of 2, causing major slowness. Just food for thought.

I am having problem with the last Firmware update. Check attach image.

Other devices is system cover telemetry.

I have the same problem!

How to fix it?

If you plan to buy Touch Driver, please join us - pm me (italian please) 

I fix my [ PCI configuration begin ] block deleting the npci=0x2000 from clover config!

It might cause some trouble removing this value?

I have the same problem!

How to fix it?

If you plan to buy Touch Driver, please join us - pm me (italian please)

I fix my [ PCI configuration begin ] block deleting the npci=0x2000 from clover config!

It might cause some trouble removing this value?

I don't know how many euros € is it and I don't know Italian. I only know Spanish and a few of English