[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

the warranty of a computer is not related to the software you installed...

and the v0.2 filespack don't get my surface hot...

it could just be faulty hardware

It depends of the country laws. No lose warranty in all Europe countrys for example.

I don't know if it is significant, but you should be sure to randomize the MAC address...

(surface2osx) (4200u)

How do you change or randomize the mac address? Also when changing the serial do we want one that is valid on the serial search on apple. Wouldn't that cause a conflict?

Can anyone have a look at this topic? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291495-intel-hd-4000-on-surface-pro-washed-out-screen-from-appleintelframebuffercapri/

I can boot and see the display is builtin with the washed out screen :(

I add below into DSDT.aml 0.2v, then the display is builtin but with washed out screen, maybe someone can fix it. 
    Scope (_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Device (IGPU)
        {
           Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                        "AAPL00,boot-display", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

(surface2osx) (4200u)

How do you change or randomize the mac address? Also when changing the serial do we want one that is valid on the serial search on apple. Wouldn't that cause a conflict?

This is covered in the NullEthernet README: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

• Like 1

Thanks @Rehabman, will take a look at this later. My school Network Department might have a hissy fit, but if it works then it sure as hell beats just transferring apps over via Dropbox or USB (if its even remotely possible).

(surface2osx)

Anyone able to get their pen detected with the touch base drivers? Mine doesn't appear at all in the device selector dropdown.

Wondering if there's a way to patch the Wacom drivers to recognize the vendor id / product id like how the smart guys do it for AppleHDA...

@bluebug

did you tried connecting an external display?

just to check if it wakes the washed out screen backlight from sleep.

@akzidenz

i've tried every single wacom driver, and without patch they don't recognize the hw, it got a different vendorid.

Final driver with pen support by touchbase are not out yet.

this "bug" is inserted in the bug txt file

@bluebug

i've made a long discussion with rehabman that maybe could help, but its a 4 pages private conversation and i don't know how to share it with you

• Like 1

For those who are impatient about App Store use, there are alternatives that organize and update apps. Not as nice as the apple store, but it gets you by for temporary use. Check my sig for one site, there are others though that offer freeware, demos, and commercial apps that you can buy through the app site itself.

Quiet day... lol.

Successfully set up a triple boot with Clover. Any recommendations for an adaptor to usb that would support SSD? And recommendation for a USB 3.0 hub? Also the Macupdate store is serving as a decent alternative to the apple app store. Have a good weekend folks!

@bluebug

did you tried connecting an external display?

just to check if it wakes the washed out screen backlight from sleep.

@akzidenz

i've tried every single wacom driver, and without patch they don't recognize the hw, it got a different vendorid.

Final driver with pen support by touchbase are not out yet.

this "bug" is inserted in the bug txt file

@bluebug

i've made a long discussion with rehabman that maybe could help, but its a 4 pages private conversation and i don't know how to share it with you

Ok, the test result as below:

1.using the dsdt which "washed out screen", system can only find one display without external display

2.when dsdt v0.2 and change ig-platform-id  into "0x01660003",  the internal display is black but the external display is ok, and the system say that there are two displays and the internal display is builtin!

3.when dsdt v0.2 and change ig-platform-id  into "0x0166000a", both two displays are light up,but internal display is not builtin and is black when wake up, the external one is ok.

so, maybe someone can fix the black display with "0x01660003"?

(surfacepro)

Hi all, first post, i sucessfully installed OSX maverick with your guide but im unable to boot direcly to clover after the windows 8.1 installation... i have try 2 different way with the bootfix command

1 - Format 2 partitions with disk utility 1 partition Mac OS journaled 30Gb size and 1 fat partition 90Gb size ->>> this crate a Hybrid MBR partition table and windows 8.1 dont want to install on this

2 - Format 2 partitions with disk utility 1 partition Mac OS journaled 30Gb size and 1 partition Mac OS journaled 90 Gb size ->>> this create a protective MBR partition table and Windows 8.1 install fine on the 90Gb partiton after deleting it in the setup program.

The bootmanager fix dont work for me on protective partition table.

What kind of pratition table guys are you using on your surface pro? hybrid or protective

Thx in advance

oopy and paste from a poster (I think it was MetalFish?)..

1) Boot your hard drive installed OS X with your installation pendrive (where clover is), but press space and then select "Boot Mac OS X without caches and with injected kexts"

2) If you don't have it installed, google Clover Configurator, download and install it.

3) Eject your pendrive.

3) Open Clover Configurator, go to menu Extras -> Mount EFI. You will be asked to enter your admin password.

4) You probably will receive a message "Unexpected disk identifier: disk0s2" or something, but just hit "Continue"

5) Open finder and press Command or (Windows) key + Shift + G, then enter /Volumes/EFI

6) Goto "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot" and rename "bootmgfw.efi" to "bootmgfw-orig.efi"

7) From the extra files that you downloaded, copy cloverx64.efi to the same folder "/EFI/Microsoft/Boot" and rename it to "bootmgfw.efi"

8) Now copy the whole CLOVER folder (where ACPI, direvers64UEFI, etc, are...), to the EFI folder (where Microsoft folder is...)

9) Reboot without your pendrive, and now you should have a working multiboot including windows (wich should be the first one..) 

can you provide me a link please, and thx for sharing the information !

i find the information Thx again guys, not have tested yet will poste result soon

Fix Clover bootloader to dual boot OS X Mavericks / Windows 8.1 from ssd/hdd

After you installed windows you should notice that you can only boot windows 8. Thats normal for now.

1. Boot from the OS X Clover usb again. (If you cant boot from usb and it goes to windows automaticly, just reset youre pc, as soon as it shows bios loading, reset it again, and then select usb as boot device)
  2. Select youre os x partition, hit spacebar, and choose with injected kext.
  3. Mount the main EFI with Clover configurator;
  4. Open the main EFI file drive on the desktop, browse to EFI/Clover and copy CLOVERX64.efi  to /EFI/Mircosoft/Boot.
  5. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
  6. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi
  7. Reboot without the Clover USB