[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Sounds like the delay is waiting for the HDD to spin up.

Maybe experiment with option in SysPrefs->Energy Saver->"Put hard disk to sleep when possible"

Of course, it is an SSD, so not sure why it would take long to come out of sleep...

This problem happens all the time (as soon as the machine is booted), it's not something that happens after a "sleep", sorry if I confuse people.

If I boot up from the USB, the USB works fine, I can browse on it without problem but if I browse on the SSD, it's slow

This problem happens all the time (as soon as the machine is booted), it's not something that happens after a "sleep", sorry if I confuse people.

If I boot up from the USB, the USB works fine, I can browse on it without problem but if I browse on the SSD, it's slow

That option in Energy Saver has nothing to do with S3 sleep. Sleeping the HDD happens prior and more often than sleeping the computer. Not saying it is related as I wouldn't think "spinning up" an SSD should be slow, but it is something to try as certainly the SSD may enter some idle/sleep state if told to "spin down".

SSD works perfect here, dunno why, i had that problem in the past but its not here anymore, maybe the drive didn't do correctly indexation, or its still indexing... maybe doing a permission and disk repair from diskutility will help...

try...

Please report this bug in the bug's txt explaining what's the issue and when it does happen so we can understand how many users are reporting this issue too...

remember that as i said before i don't have this bug.

@Rehab

I've never needed to do anything other than install the nuleth..etc.kext and ssdt from day 1:  appstore won't work without it for me.

@Jah

I'm using both; ssdt.aml(this guide) , ssdt-1.aml ( rehabman's)

@

Do you do maintenance on your surface?

I use an app to clean junk files and use kextUtility to repair permissions, now and then...

@Rehab

I've never needed to do anything other than install the nuleth..etc.kext and ssdt from day 1:  appstore won't work without it for me.

I'm just saying that if your DSDT has an RMNE device, the RMNE device in ssdt-1.aml will not be used.

(surface2android)

Hi, i'm new and just trying to install android on my surface pro 2.

I used Android IA and had the gummiboot problem:

FATAL: ASERTION FAILED bootable/iago/plugins/gummiboot.c:gummiboot_execute:154 'efibootmgr' encountered an error (status 100)

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Did anybody fix the Wifi problem in the 4.3 version, you meantioned in this forum?

Which version is better?

i already used the searchbox, but i think most of you were talking about surface2osx!

Thanks a lot!

Would be great if you could help me!

SSD works perfect here, dunno why, i had that problem in the past but its not here anymore, maybe the drive didn't do correctly indexation, or its still indexing... maybe doing a permission and disk repair from diskutility will help...

try...

Please report this bug in the bug's txt explaining what's the issue and when it does happen so we can understand how many users are reporting this issue too...

remember that as i said before i don't have this bug.

BTW, you should probably turn off AddPNLF in config.plist now that you have a custom PNLF in DSDT.

I continue to try to install Ubuntu (external or internal) so I can have a more stable wine distro to play games on (this is where I miss Windows 7). However, it continues to come up to grub, when I get it to boot to Clover I can't get it to properly boot to Ubuntu. Any help or point me to help? i've tried searching the forums here. 

@rehabman

yes, true, i forgot about it thanks... (btw even if i suggest to remove it too, it seems effectless)

@nappi90

AndroidIA with wifisupport installation is a pain in the grAss, i suggest you to use standard androidx86 that seems more stable and use a wifiusb

(Surfaceosx)

So just installed final v0.3 and sleep works great. a couple of questions. 1) will switchresx work with this since that latest patch went back to apple display. Or is there a setting within that which looks good. 2) somewhat not related I am getting random shutdowns. I believe it's a driver installed but the ONLY one is the wifi adapter for my tp link. To test I removed the wifi adapter so no wifi program loads and it still shutdown automatically after about 30 min. So next is to totally remove the wifi driver and delete the network and see. Anyone else having this?

SwitchResX worked fine for me. Needed to add the custom res and reboot but works and looks fine.

(Surfaceosx)

So just installed final v0.3 and sleep works great. a couple of questions. 1) will switchresx work with this since that latest patch went back to apple display. Or is there a setting within that which looks good

@rehab 

I meant even though I was using Jah's pre-patched dsdt

If you are, then you're getting his MAC address as defined in the DSDT and the SSDT-1.aml you've installed is ignored.

@RehabMan

Using your nullethernet kext + patch to the dsdt fixed airplay too! :D

now i can stream to my appletv 3°gen without any error!

@thatoneging

do you know the game porting team?

the made great work on providing wine support to osx!

there is an app to port games called WineSkin!

that's wine actually.

• Like 1

@RehabMan

Using your nullethernet kext + patch to the dsdt fixed airplay too! :D

now i can stream to my appletv 3°gen without any error!

@thatoneging

do you know the game porting team?

the made great work on providing wine support to osx!

there is an app to port games called WineSkin!

that's wine actually.

@Jah

I can't get airplay to work!!!  Was going to ask.  So I have NullEthernet all working....what changes did you make to dsdt file?  I tried Airplay just now and same issue....Gives "Could Not connect to Apple TV"

is icloud and appstore access working?

I was able to download app from app store.  iCloud keeps asking me to login.  but when I go to iCloud panel I can see my information....so yes, I believe it's working.  However, iMessage and FaceTime are NOT working.  GRRRR.  lol