[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

yes i've imessage and facetime working just using provided files, i'm using the same v.0.3 files i've posted.

but i had the serial recognized by the old apple serial system from a long time now...

(Surfaceosx)

Well I disabled the WLAN software unplugged the wifi USB adapter and deleted the wifi network and still reset automatically!!! Ahhhh! Now I will delete nullethernet network and see what happens. Something is causing a reset and doesn't matter if I am using it or sitting idle.

@Jah & @osxlander

thanks to you both, checkin them out. I been dying to play some older rts games! Also, will this patch the display brightness issue with the SP2? I haven't figured it out if this pertains to the SP1, SP2, or both.

(surfaceosx)

Ok, so I remove both the wireless LAN AND the NullEthernet network and I was able to have my Surface stay on, go to sleep, wake up and stay on for over an hour without resetting.  So, by trial and error, it is determined to be the NullEthernet "network" setting.  I did not remove or delete the NullEthernet Kext if that matters.

So, given that, does anyone know why that would be causing my restarts?  I did exactly the same steps in the instructions to get NullEthernet working and funny enough I had all App Store, iMessage and FaceTime all working at one point but now no matter what I do, cannot get iMessage.  Now, obviously without the NullEthernet setup properly I do not have App Store now.  I have reinstalled my wireless drivers and will see if it lasts for an hour without resetting.  If so, then damn, it's the NullEthernet set.....

(Surfaceosx)

OK, tried three days to install Mac OS to Surface Pro 1, without even getting into “Boot loader”. Guess I was missing something with bootable USB driver.

Here is what I did, please help on trouble shooting. Much appreciated for any help!

1.     Followed steps 1-6 from Mavericks Vanilla installation:

Creating the installer

1. Prepare your USB as GUID partition map with a HFS+ partition.

2. Mount your Mavericks DMG (Right click on “Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview” then its in /Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg)

3. Mount BaseSystem.dmg by typing the following in terminal:
open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

4. Restore “OS X Base System” to your USB

5. Navigate to /System/Installation your USB drive Delete the “Packages” link then copy the Packages folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.

6. Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from /OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg to the root of your USB drive. (Note: This is in the attachment).

From here on I jumped to Surface Pro 2 section since it’s too simplified for me in the Pro 1 sectionthen install clover to the pen drive and copy the included kexts to:

•  *PENDRIVE*/system/library/extension/

*EFI PARTITION*/clover/kext/10.9/”

So I downloaded both V 0.2 files and V 0.3 but followed Surface pro 2 section:

6. Install Clover to the pen drive (http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/)
• Select your USB Drive and the select “Custom Install”

• Select “Install for UEFI booting only”

• Select Themes

• Select Drivers64UEFI

6. When installation is finished , copy Config.plist from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/

7. Copy dsdt.aml/ssdt-0.aml/ssdt-1.aml from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

8. Copy mach-kernel from attached files to your USB drive

9. Copy the extensions from the attached files to System/Library/Extensions

My problem here is that I was confused since I found that both EFI partition and EFI folder under “OS X Base System” contain Clover folder. So I ended up copied two .aml files to both places; also copied 5 kext files to both “system/library/Extension” and both 10.9 kext folders under EFI. 

I then prepared a partition as in Section B in Surface Pro 2 part: 

1. Start Windows 8.1 on your Surface Pro 2

2. Go to the desktop, right click on the "Start" button, and open Disk Management
3. Select the C:\ partition, right click, and go to "Shrink Volume"
4. Enter the new size for the volume and click OK
5. Afterwards, right click on the empty space and select format
Format the new partition as NTFS
6. Shutdown the device

After that I was excited to plug in USB driver, press down Vol down and power button, but every time it went directly into surface Windows 8.1. 

I guess this will help anyone else like me with little OSx86 experience. Many thanks!

Well first thing to check is if you disabled the secure boot (red surface screen). 

Thanks! Just found on some Chinese website that I need to press vol + and power to disable it. It actually suggested that I should disable both? Now my Surface is stuck on blue screen after restart and pressing vol "-" and power button. Usually how long it takes to go into boot loader? Thanks.  

(surfaceosx)

Ok, so I remove both the wireless LAN AND the NullEthernet network and I was able to have my Surface stay on, go to sleep, wake up and stay on for over an hour without resetting.  So, by trial and error, it is determined to be the NullEthernet "network" setting.  I did not remove or delete the NullEthernet Kext if that matters.

So, given that, does anyone know why that would be causing my restarts?  I did exactly the same steps in the instructions to get NullEthernet working and funny enough I had all App Store, iMessage and FaceTime all working at one point but now no matter what I do, cannot get iMessage.  Now, obviously without the NullEthernet setup properly I do not have App Store now.  I have reinstalled my wireless drivers and will see if it lasts for an hour without resetting.  If so, then damn, it's the NullEthernet set.....

Well {censored}.  No NullEthernet but active WLAN and BAM, restarts randomly.  So, must be something with my entire network card setup, kext, config file.  Arrgg.

Well {censored}.  No NullEthernet but active WLAN and BAM, restarts randomly.  So, must be something with my entire network card setup, kext, config file.  Arrgg.

Or buggy USB WiFi drivers...

(surface2osx)

Brightness works with Rehabman's patches (thanks!)

2.11 rename GFX0 to IGPU

2.10 brightness fix haswell, you must modify the patch:

setting Subtract(\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1, 4) to 0xF7800004 and removing ^^PCI0.IGPU._DOS(Arg0)\n

Just do that