[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

(surfaceproosx)

( I have made at least 5 other hackintoshes on DELL Latitude notebooks and ASUS or GIGABYTE motherboards) 

I have successfully gotten OSX Mavericks running on my Surfacepro. It took some trial and error with the usb because it needed to be removed and re-inserted to install or else still waiting for root device hang.

The issues I now have is the Audio Device doesn't show up in the System Preferences and no sound. When I press the up or down volume key it shows the little icon but at the bottom is the circle with the slash. I am not really sure how to go about troubleshooting it. System Profiler shows Intel High Definition Audio Audio ID: 3. I know I used kextdrop to add the kexts from the V0.2. I still do not have a usb wifi dongle but one is on the way. Anyone know how to fix this one? I have EFI partition set up just like USB key with kexts in kexts/10.9 and dsdt and ssdt.aml in EFI/clover/acpi/patched config.plist is under clover. Am I supposed to place any of these in my boot drive besides the kexts I moved in with kextdrop? For instance do I need config.plist or the dsdt or ssdt.aml files in Extra? Currently I have only the config.plist in there. This is my first CLOVER installation I am used to chameleon or chimera and am not sure the same directives apply in the config.plist file. Is there something special about the Voodoo kext for this?

(surfacepro2osx)

Finally got around to reinstalling Mavericks over the Windows partition then extending it. Everything is working well, just have to tackle the serial code issue and get the app store up and running. Is there anything special to do after besides editing the config and rebooting with injected kext? Let me know if anyone could, thanks for the help. Everyone has been a ton of help!

Edit:

One thing I have had issues getting to work is the microsd port. Both my SD cards will not come up through that port, if I want to use them I have to put them in an adaptor. 

Would somebody mind making a little lengthy video with the surface pro and Mac OS X with the multitouch showing safari and a few things? There are only realy short and low quality videos on YouTube. Would like to see this in daily usage

• Like 2

Thank you all for your advice. 

Today buy the surface pro 2. 

I would like to know if the bluetooth works, as I will use it with the magic mouse. From what I understand it does not work. Is there a way to make it work with the kext right? 

You can replace the module with a compatible wifi and bluetooth for mac? 

How long is the battery life with the Mavericks? 

The surface pro 2 is a tablet, it would be bad to always have so many usb below. Module usb bluetooth + usb wifi module + hub usb ports. Would not it be more compact. 

In the initial post it says that the only issue is the wifi. I would also add bluetooth. No one talks about it! 

Thank you for your valuable support! 

Sorry for my English.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your advice. 
Today buy the surface pro 2. 
I would like to know if the bluetooth works, as I will use it with the magic mouse. From what I understand it does not work. Is there a way to make it work with the kext right? 
You can replace the module with a compatible wifi and bluetooth for mac? 
How long is the battery life with the Mavericks? 
The surface pro 2 is a tablet, it would be bad to always have so many usb below. Module usb bluetooth + usb wifi module + hub usb ports. Would not it be more compact. 
In the initial post it says that the only issue is the wifi. I would also add bluetooth. No one talks about it! 
Thank you for your valuable support! 
Sorry for my English.

(Surface2Osx)

Hi,

If you buy a new Surface Pro 2, you will have a new processor (Intel Core-I5 4300u)

You have to know that there are problems to get OSX on it. (read all about it on this forum)

Bluetooth works with a USB Bluetooth dongle (No need for extra software or kext)

Buy a small USB3 Hub and the nano wifi and nano bluetooth module.

I hope this info help a little.

In this thread, the recommended wifi dongle: Edimax EW-7811UN (Amazon) 

No one has recommended a bluetooth dongle and a USB 3.0 hub.

1) Do you have any advice for MINI bluetooth usb and MINI USB Hub 3.0? (mini I recommend  :D )

2) You can open the Surface Pro 2 and change the components wifi and bluetooth?

3) It works the HDMI video output (with audio)?

4) It works the original adapter of Surface USB to ethernet, or I have to buy the adapter from Apple?

Please answer the 4 questions. 

You are legendary!

In this thread, the recommended wifi dongle: Edimax EW-7811UN (Amazon) 
No one has recommended a bluetooth dongle and a USB 3.0 hub.
1) Do you have any advice for MINI bluetooth usb and MINI USB Hub 3.0? (mini I recommend  :D )
2) You can open the Surface Pro 2 and change the components wifi and bluetooth?
3) It works the HDMI video output (with audio)?
4) It works the original adapter of Surface USB to ethernet, or I have to buy the adapter from Apple?
Please answer the 4 questions. 

You are legendary!

1. CSL - USB nano Bluetooth-Adapter V4.0 mit LED, Class 4.0 Technologie, Plug & Play, Windows 7 + Windows 8 + Windows 8.1

(available at amazon)

or just search USB Bluetooth nano (but be sure it is a bluetooth class 4)

2. I think this is impossible. Look video at the end of the post. Nice video to see  :)

You can see at iFixIt.com why : http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Pro+2+Teardown/18604

3. HDMI video output works. Audio I didn't test yet.

4. I bought the Apple USB Ethernet adapter. This works great. I don't know if other USB Ethernet adapters work.

• Like 1

Macspike, thanks for your quick reply.

There is a compatible adapter for osx that has both a single usb wifi bluetooth so that you do not use a USB hub? 
The USB-Ethernet adapter apple, it also works on Windows? 
As soon as you can, let me know if the HDMI audio works. 

Thank you!

I use the following hub:

http://uk.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/USB-3.0/Hubs/~ST4300MINU3B

Check their other products as they often support drivers for all OS's...  (I have my eyes on the USB 3.0 docks atm...)

Dunno if there is a bluetooth/wifi combo stick (surely not micro) that has OSX drivers... if you find one, let us know... :)

I found two usb sticks wifi + bluetooth on amazon: 

Would be perfect for our surface pro 2 if they worked!

Macspike, how long is the battery life with the Mavericks?

• Like 1

I found two usb sticks wifi + bluetooth on amazon: 

Would be perfect for our surface pro 2 if they worked!

Macspike, how long is the battery life with the Mavericks?

Hi, I can't find osx 10.9 drivers supported for the USB sticks.

If you want to buy a stick. Search first the OSX drivers.

About battery life : It of course depend on what you are doing, but I get mostly a few hours (2/3h)

Hi, I can't find osx 10.9 drivers supported for the USB sticks.

If you want to buy a stick. Search first the OSX drivers.

About battery life : It of course depend on what you are doing, but I get mostly a few hours (2/3h)

2-3 hours is pretty bad... Doesn't mavericks have some new power management features?

And thank you for the video but you are not really showing multitouch.

(surface2osx)

Never mind, woke up this morning and my SD card was reading fine.  Has anybody here got the app store to work with a generated serial? I've had zero luck.

If I reinstall Windows and I take of the ssd from surface pro (it has clover), can I lost os x and should reinstall ir?

It depends how you want to reinstall it. If you use a recovery drive to reinstall it, you have the option to let it reformat all your partitions or not. To me it was easier to reinstall and let it reformat my partitions then reinstall OS X.

@everyone

Please stop asking for drivers.

If any device is compatible with Macos 10.9

will be automatically compatible with the surface pro with the same os with the provided drivers.

if no driver is provided, there are plenty of post on how to check device propierties and install right drivers,

USE SEARCH.

btw

quickguide

1. Click the apple logo 
  2. Click information about this mac
  3. Click more information
  4. select usb
  5. OSX-System_Profiler-Printer_USB-S.png
  6. ex. we want to install drivers for this printer 
  7. lets write down deviceid and vendorid
  8. 0x0019 Device id (it identify the device)
  9. 0x106b Vendor id (it identify the vendor)
  10. search the web something like: osx drivers printer 0x0019 0x106b
  11. GoodLuck!

so please stop asking for drivers.

@Motawa

have you checked the original demo video?

p.s. 

the surface pro got a really good battery, run times depends on what you do with the system.

@swyner

v0.2 files includes a new ssdt that enables native speedstep, this is why it got better power managment

(i remember that even with Windows8.1 the surface become easily hot.)

@Danhark

1. you'll have to wait for the final driver release by touchbase to calibrate the pen
  2. to remove or reinstall windows you just have to be carefull and not format the mac partition, then if you don't want windows you could use disk utility to merge the partitions

@jbzulc

reinstall latest VoodooHDA, and please use fullstops and make a couple of new lines i had a bad time trying to read yours post. XD

@everyone

Please stop asking for drivers.

If any device is compatible with Macos 10.9

will be automatically compatible with the surface pro with the same os with the provided drivers.

if no driver is provided, there are plenty of post on how to check device propierties and install right drivers,

USE SEARCH.

btw

quickguide

• Click the apple logo
  • Click information about this mac
  • Click more information
  • select usb
  • OSX-System_Profiler-Printer_USB-S.png
  • ex. we want to install drivers for this printer
  • lets write down deviceid and vendorid
  • 0x0019 Device id (it identify the device)
  • 0x106b Vendor id (it identify the vendor)
  • search the web something like: osx drivers printer 0x0019 0x106b
  • GoodLuck!
@Motawa

have you checked the

?

p.s.

the surface pro got a really good battery, run times depends on what you do with the system.

@swyner

v0.2 files includes a new ssdt that enables native speedstep, this is why it got better power managment

(i remember that even with Windows8.1 the surface become easily hot.)

@Danhark

• you'll have to wait for the final driver release by touchbase to calibrate the pen
  • to remove or reinstall windows you just have to be carefull and not format the mac partition, then if you don't want windows you could use disk utility to merge the partitions
@jbzulc

reinstall latest VoodooHDA, and please use fullstops and make a couple of new lines i had a bad time trying to read yours post. XD

Yes I know this video but it doesn't show safari. Is it comparable with the iPad expirience?

How long does the battery last while surfing the web?

@Motawa

Sitting in class on the web and using word, i've got about 5.5 hours of life (without really messing with brightness or anything). At least it is for the surface pro 2.

@Motawa

iPad's Safari is better optimized for the touchscreen and the ipad keyboard is unbeatable

but if you use a good keyboard (i suggest corallosoft virtual keyboard)

it provides a good expirience.

There is some multitouch feature built in in Safari, the same you find with the magic mouse

two finger side to side to go forward and backward, two finger zoom, double tap automatic reformat the page etc...

@thatoneging

it's the same battery life i'm getting with my surfacepro1

@Dahnark

it seems that apple changed his way of autorizing serials, with the method provided (checking the serial via apple's support) you can no longer activate the serial,

btw serials already active are working very well i'm using iMessace, Facetime, iCloud Sharing & mail.

if someone finds a way to create working serials, please report. 

For the app store, you need to generate a valid serial via Clove Configurator. Validate it here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Keep trying till you find one that works (just press the shake button a few times on Week of Manufacturer and Unit Number).

A few I just found: C02L2N1VF5V8, C02L2N1VF5V8, C02LDN1VF5V8

Update your clover config.

Delete all of your network adapters from network in preferences.

Unplug your wifi adapter if you have one.

Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Reboot.

Once back, check that your null ethernet is BSD device "en0" via About My Mac.

Open preferences, network, add the ethernet device, wait a minute for it to register. It should say 'self assigned IP'

Then you can replug your wifi adapter.

Check via About My Mac:
Ethernet should be BSD device "en0"

Wifi should be BSD device "en1"

Should be okay then.

Good luck.

• Like 3