[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

somehow, my microphone is also working .. :)

tip: I installed Paragon NTFS (I already had it).  This helps so you can write back to your windows folders.  Added bonus is being able to run repair disk on the windows partition, from OSX (incase it gets corrupted etc)

(Surface2osx)

Have been trying to produce a random serial for a half hour, keep getting "cannot be found in our records." Unless that is what I need.

I had the same issue. I ended up using my own mac's serial number...

• Like 1

@Antilogic32

I'm trying to avoid doing that, i'll try again later. It's not super important to have the app store for me. But good to know I'm not alone.

app store purchases and mail login to my @me account through apple mail not working. :( works fine through thunderbird mail client...

I can see and download my purchases as well as update tho... :)

(Surface2OSX)

I found a solution to get Audio (audio and mic) to work on the Surface Pro 2.

I used the VoodooHDA 2.8.0 (provided by akzidenz) - I add the kext with this post.

The problem is that you have to installed it right and a good way to do this is with the latest Kext Utility 2.5.6 (added with this post)

Kext Utility cleans up your extensions and repairs the permissions.

Follow these steps :

1. Remove AppleHDA.kext (of course, backup for later purposes) and remove your VoodooHDA.kext out of System/Library/Extensions

2. Copy VoodooHDA.prefPane (provided with this post) to System/Library/PreferencePanes

3. Open Kext Utility and type your administration password.

(It starts to repair the permissions of the current extensions and updating the system caches, wait until it's finished)

(It can take a while - about 2 minutes)

When it says : "All done, Have a nice ... day), you can proceed

4. Drag the attached VoodooHDA.kext on the window of Kext Utility

(it will ask again for your administrator password)

5. When this is finished, restart your Surface Pro 2 (boot up without caches and injected Kexts)

6. Go to your System Preferences and choose Sound

7. Make sure that the "Speaker(Analog)" is selected (in the Output-Tab)

8. Try your Sound Effects (make sure the Output Volume is up)

Enjoy the music ... :-)

Works  very well. Can the files be included in the original package (v0.3)?  

app store purchases and mail login to my @me account through apple mail not working. :( works fine through thunderbird mail client...

I can see and download my purchases as well as update tho... :)

I cannot even log in with my ID, I get "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." I used Clover Configurator to generate a random one, but no dice. I'll look at it later, right now trying to decide if I want to duel boot or move my Windows partition to an external hard drive.

(Surface2osx)

UPDATE

added macspike's + akzidenz files pack & steps

(Surfaceosx)

Speakers and mic are already working in v0.2 files package

@thatoneging 

@antilogic32

Guys, don't use serial numbers from your real mac, cause it could be banned and could even cause some strange errors.

In order to create a correct serial number you have to use the same machine type (product name) you used as SMBIOS,

you have to try randomly differents years of building, and shake others entries a couple of times.

from the guide:

being sure that apple accept it through it's online support page

@jahstories,Thanks, I will change it soon as possible then... 

SOMETHING USEFUL: I dont like the HWsensors app that much and it doesn't seem to work for anything but battery...  I use Menumeters.  Simple, but great and does what i need... check it out for an alternative metering app.

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/download/MenuMeters.dmg

(Surface2Osx)

Can you check if this app is working?

it could save us a lot of battery...

thanks

Can confirm, just used it five times in a row. All 5 it woke back up. In a bit I will do an extended trial to see if it works for 10+ minutes.

Finding a generated serial code is like finding a needle in a haystack. BTW, is it particularly useful to continue booting without cache and injected? I have booted normal the past few times and everything is just peachy.

(SURFACE PRO 2 OSX)

confirmed that both macspike's guide work fine, and can install os x 10.9/10.9.1 on surface pro 2 (You have to add dart=0 to boot arguments if you got error messages during boot like "SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: kSMCReadKeyComm/kSMCReadKeyCommWithSMCComm failed for key"), Finally I got my dual boot Surface pro 2:

1. Selectable boot Win8 & OS X, without pushing Volume down key

2. Normal boot from clover, even not selecting "without cache & inject kexts..."

3. Screen touch works

4. Brightness adjustment works

5. Resolution modification works

6. Sleep not working properly, will auto wake up 3-5 seconds after slept

7. Sound not works, of cause WIFI not works also.

===============================================

Tips on configure clover multi boot

===============================================

1. mount "SYSTEM" volume on Surface pro 2

2. copy CLOVER directory on your USB's EFI partition to SYSTEM:EFI\

3. rename SYSTEM:EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-win8.efi

4. copy SYSTEM:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi to SYSTEM:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

5. disable clover autoscan, specify manual entries under GUI\Custom Like this

<key>Custom</key>
<dict>
    <key>Entries</key>
    <array>
       <dict>
       <key>Volume</key>
       <string>OS X</string>
       <key>Type<key>
       <string>OSX<string>
       </dict>
       <dict>
       <key>Volume</key>
       <string>SYSTEM</string>
       <key>Path</key>
       <string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw-win8.efi</string>
       <key>Type<key>
       <string>Windows<string>
       </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

I'm having a bit of trouble finding where to disable the autoscan, someone point me to where?

the correct matching serial code is needed just to achieve icloud and appstore it doesn't influence boot

I understand that, I was just curious if there was any need to boot like that or I can just use normal boot. 

(surfaceosx)

I have followed this guide to the letter on an original surface pro (updated to 8.1). The USB seems to quit working in the midst of booting.

If I remove it and replace it it finishes but is at a command prompt without the keyboard working.

Interesting things in the text:

"name" not a kext

FAKESMC: [Error]Failed to Obtain OEM vendor & product from DMI

Super IODevice: {Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequence IO=0xffff

WaitForCMD: Timeout waiting for command completion (opcoe0xb), 100ms

CommandABort: Timeout waiting for command to abort, 100ms

Still Waiting for root device ...

Any ideas?

(Surfaceprosx)

Does anyone have this issue with iMessage and FaceTime. So I reboot after my computer has been off for a while then go into osx. iMessage and FaceTime have logged me out and then when it log in it goes ok (ie no activation error) but my account is "inactive". I check the App Store and all is fine there. So then about 5 minutes later I get an email that "MacBook Pro has just signed on to iMessages etc". The all works. So why is it "activating" again?

@jbszulk

it could be the usb drive you are using.

the guide for the first surface is bulletproof tested and installed on a lot of machines.

and right now even the surface pro 2 guide thx to macspike is bulletproof too. (we cannot btw certify every new silent cpu update)

If you encounter errors you are surely doing something wrong.

@swyner

dunno never had this issue... are you sure that you created a new serial and not using the one provided?

@fadu_dba

we all have that orange light, it could be a disk activity led or a wifibt one.

i've searched around the net about this orange led without success.

If you figure out what it is surely let us know :D

To those looking to generate a new serial code...

Apple looks to have changed their site up and system of checking the serial code from the link given on this forum. Any clue as to go about it now?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

the original link I used (on your guide) was under maintenance earlier this morning, which after it took me to a completely different page. 

Edit:

Found a serial code that processed, however I still get.

"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."