[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

i'm working on it but it isn't so easy as it looks like

we should be able to let the system recognize the screen as AppleBacklightDisplay instead of AppleDisplay,

you can check ioregs...

it seems that we can do that by editing capri connector tables like in this thread

if you someone wanna helps we will be grateful.

it could be fixable by finding the correct id platform ig but i'm not sure.

I wish I could help, but I am not that technical :(

I don't have a surface pro yet so I have a few more questions.

Is it possible to install Mac OS on a mike odd card? Is it recommended? Because th speed isn't that good on these cards right?

Does Bluetooth work?

@Jahstories

I generated a new serial using clover configuration and it definitely copied to the config.plst but is it supposed to go somewhere else? Can you help me with exact steps to generate a new serial and what files (ie config and patches it's supposed to generate)

@Jahstories

I generated a new serial using clover configuration and it definitely copied to the config.plst but is it supposed to go somewhere else? Can you help me with exact steps to generate a new serial and what files (ie config and patches it's supposed to generate)

I downloaded Clover Configurator and went about it that way. http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configurator/

Open your config.plist, then go to SMBIOS and click the magic stick, scroll to the models and look at the bottom right to shuffle.

i found a validated serial through google image search... (even a 6,2 macbook air) still wont work in the app store... oh well. i will just drop apps in my dropbox then.. :)

BTW. Textwrangler is nice software to edit plists or scripts and any 'text" files as it structures most things correctly...

i found a validated serial through google image search... still wont work in the app store... oh well. i will just drop apps in my dropbox then.. :)

Ohhhhhh I never thought of that. good idea. I may do that until I can figure it out, honestly there are only a few apps I want so its no biggie.

@thatoneging

config clover not scanning entries like this:

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
  <key>Scan</key>
  <false/>
  ...other settings...
</dict>

(Surface2OSX) 

@macspike

audio output works fine, but audio in seems not, input level blinks all the time even without any audible voice, any suggestions ?

(Surface2OSX)

Sound works fine in most apps with the macspike VoodoHDA kext (thank you sooo much for this!), but somehow it seems a little bit shaky still - when using Logic X, I get problems with syncing audio to midi. The error pop-ups say that the sample rate is changing (different sample rate values every time, like 46021 instead of 44100 for example). You can even hear the metronome is off beat. I've tried most sample rate settings both in Logic and in the Audio/MIDI settings app in OSX, but the problem is still there. Just wanted to let you all know.

Thank you very much for all your efforts guys!

Thankfully none of my required software is audio sensitive...  All my networking and filesystem programs work fine... :)

Oh btw:"  Save your USB ports if you going to hang a hub of it, do something like this with sticky backed velcro:  In the pic is my hub, wifi sticklit and usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter...

It not only saves your port from getting loose  -  no-one likes a a loose port! :D but it also keeps all your goodies together...

TXTEqbK.jpg

;)btw. i would not suggest sticking velcro all over the back panel, as it might lead to heating related issues... rather just choose a location that's in reach of the usb port, but not in the way of the kickstand hinge

btw - Can anyone do anthing with this info: http://www.atmel.com/devices/atuc256l3u.aspx?tab=tools

Seems like Atmel release alot of their sdk etc...  I can't personally do much with it, but maybe someone here knows a friend on a forum somewhere... :whistle:

I know we have the current drivers from touch base, but maybe someone can throw a streamlined driver together from the goodies provided by atmel + the current touch-base driver?? One can only live in hope...

:thumbsup_anim:

i did something like that some time ago it's a crazy velcro surface :P

i think that the designer of the surface pro drank too much beers and he actually "saw" 2 usb ports.

there is no other meaning for the lack of a extra usb port.

:poster_oops:

I have the Surface Pro 2 and cannot get past the apple logo and spinning color wheel. I have followed the instructions to the letter and even verified them with the video. Also tried to add Dart=0 to the config.plist and still no go. Any suggestions will be very welcome including verification of where to add the Dart=0 line for the new Bios.

Would somebody mind making a little lengthy video with the surface pro and Mac OS X with the multitouch showing safari and a few things? There are only realy short and low quality videos on YouTube. Would like to see this in daily usage

I have the Surface Pro 2 and cannot get past the apple logo and spinning color wheel. I have followed the instructions to the letter and even verified them with the video. Also tried to add Dart=0 to the config.plist and still no go. Any suggestions will be very welcome including verification of where to add the Dart=0 line for the new Bios.

Have you tried pressing spacebar and loading without cahes etc?

Would somebody mind making a little lengthy video with the surface pro and Mac OS X with the multitouch showing safari and a few things? There are only realy short and low quality videos on YouTube. Would like to see this in daily usage

I will try to do one soon... I nearly have mine setup. But as macspike put it, work comes first...

(surfaceproosx)

I think I fixed my iMessage and FaceTime issue....I hadn't restarted with injected kexts and no cache since I reinstalled the new kexts and redid my config.plst.  I am pretty sure that was causing my issue as no problem with iMessage logon!!!

Jahstories...I remember you mentioning something about better power management somewhere recently.  Was that for surface pro 2?  I am watching my battery % right now and no word of a lie, it goes down 1% every 1-2 minutes!!!  Also, since there is no sleep, I don't have my Surface go into sleep mode but screen shut down etc.  When the power is plugged in the system still gets VERY hot.  I know I have updated the v0.2 files which is supposed to have better power management.   Any advice??