[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Wow. This is great. I might thinking about selling my iPad air for the pro!

Did anyone tried some games like left4dead2? Does it take advantage of the full gpu and CPU?

Is their like a touch keyboard so I don't have to put on the dock all the time when using Mac OS X?

Wow. This is great. I might thinking about selling my iPad air for the pro!

Did anyone tried some games like left4dead2? Does it take advantage of the full gpu and CPU?

Is their like a touch keyboard so I don't have to put on the dock all the time when using Mac OS X?

OS X have touch keyboard.

Gaming is pretty with the surface and i play (native) nextgen games like bioshock infinite and tombraider 2013 without issues with lowest resolution and some high graphics settings...

You can expect a little better performances than windows gaming (opengl is lighter) but with less graphic effects

Don't even try cider or wineskin ports they are too "heavy" for the surface

i'm even streaming games to my Nvidia Shield :D hardcore hackintosh portable gaming rig XD

nvidia_project_shield-top-closed_v2.png

tip: When installing the touch base drivers, when you run the gestures app... if it says you are using the trial driver and cannot proceed... try running the uppd console from system prefs and reloading the driver settings (status menu). now run the gestures app again and it should work, even with the trial driver... :)

Still battling with the audio... if you have it working, plz let me know what you did to get it working (surface2osx)

FInally installed to the SSD. updated the original microsoft EFI partition, by manually copying in clover...

No need to hold down any silly button combos... :w00t:

tip: When installing the touch base drivers, when you run the gestures app... if it says you are using the trial driver and cannot proceed... try running the uppd console from system prefs and reloading the driver settings (status menu). now run the gestures app again and it should work, even with the trial driver... :)

Still battling with the audio... if you have it working, plz let me know what you did to get it working (surface2osx)

FInally installed to the SSD. updated the original microsoft EFI partition, by manually copying in clover...

No need to hold down andy silly button combos... :w00t:

can you say how get the clover boot without buttom combos? tutorial for noob xd

Tutorial for noob for getting boot without buttom combo

Geekbench 3 with 64 bit mode give me 5365 multicore score and 2564 single core score. not bad. My pc hackintosh give me 14000 multicore xD

Tutorial for noob for getting boot without buttom combo

Geekbench 3 with 64 bit mode give me 5365 multicore score and 2564 single core score. not bad. My pc hackintosh give me 14000 multicore xD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293574-beginners-guide-to-uefi-tripledual-boot-os-x-windows-and-linux-kali-on-an-single-true-gpt-ssd/?p=1968818

I followed that guide, but i also copied my clover from by install-usb's efi folder to the efi folder on the internal ssd (the original efi partition made by ms/factory)

I am not going to write a guide, because it depends how you did your install... I only modified my stock partitions. I DID NOT format the entire ssd and first install OSX.

goodluck...

(SURFACE PRO 2 OSX)

confirmed that both macspike's guide work fine, and can install os x 10.9/10.9.1 on surface pro 2 (You have to add dart=0 to boot arguments if you got error messages during boot like "SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: kSMCReadKeyComm/kSMCReadKeyCommWithSMCComm failed for key"), Finally I got my dual boot Surface pro 2:

1. Selectable boot Win8 & OS X, without pushing Volume down key

2. Normal boot from clover, even not selecting "without cache & inject kexts..."

3. Screen touch works

4. Brightness adjustment works

5. Resolution modification works

6. Sleep not working properly, will auto wake up 3-5 seconds after slept

7. Sound not works, of cause WIFI not works also.

===============================================

Tips on configure clover multi boot

1. mount "SYSTEM" volume on Surface pro 2

2. copy CLOVER directory on your USB's EFI partition to SYSTEM:EFI\

3. rename SYSTEM:EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-win8.efi

4. copy SYSTEM:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi to SYSTEM:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

5. disable clover autoscan, specify manual entries under GUI\Custom Like this

<key>Custom</key>
<dict>
    <key>Entries</key>
    <array>
       <dict>
       <key>Volume</key>
       <string>OS X</string>
       <key>Type<key>
       <string>OSX<string>
       </dict>
       <dict>
       <key>Volume</key>
       <string>SYSTEM</string>
       <key>Path</key>
       <string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw-win8.efi</string>
       <key>Type<key>
       <string>Windows<string>
       </dict>
    </array>
</dict>

(SURFACE PRO 2 OSX)

confirmed that both macspike's guide work fine, and can install os x 10.9/10.9.1 on surface pro 2 (You have to add dart=0 to boot arguments if you got error messages during boot like "SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR: kSMCReadKeyComm/kSMCReadKeyCommWithSMCComm failed for key"), Finally I got my dual boot Surface pro 2:

1. Selectable boot Win8 & OS X, without pushing Volume down key

2. Normal boot from clover, even not selecting "without cache & inject kexts..."

3. Screen touch works

4. Brightness adjustment works

5. Resolution modification works

6. Sleep not working properly, will auto wake up 3-5 seconds after slept

7. Sound not works, of cause WIFI not works also.

Tips on configure clover multi boot

1. mount "SYSTEM" volume on Surface pro 2

2. copy CLOVER directory on your USB's EFI partition to SYSTEM:EFI\

3. rename SYSTEM:EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-win8.efi

4. copy SYSTEM:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi to SYSTEM:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

5. disable clover autoscan, specify manual entries under GUI\Custom Like this

<key>Custom</key><dict>    <key>Entries</key>    <array>       <dict>       <key>Volume</key>       <string>OS X</string>       <key>Type<key>       <string>OSX<string>       </dict>       <dict>       <key>Volume</key>       <string>SYSTEM</string>       <key>Path</key>       <string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw-win8.efi</string>       <key>Type<key>       <string>Windows<string>       </dict>    </array></dict>
Does Bluetooth work? I read that sleep works on surface pro 2. Is that correct?

(Surface2osx)

Just wanted to drop by for an update. Got to spend a bit of time messing with Mavericks, working very well. Only issue is the display sometimes blacks out and I have to boot in safe mode to adjust it back. Anyway, I would like to know a good direction/method to use for a generated serial code. Thanks ahead of time, tomorrow morning I will tackle sound and sleep. 

EDIT:

BTW, the Voodoo Mega link is asking for a decryption key.

@ Chumomo

No, FilesPackage v0.3 is not compatible with the Surface Pro 1. Don't mix files.

The best way is to look at the first page. JahStories keeps it really good updated.

@ Motowa

For USB bluetooth, you need an USB Bluetooth Adapter.

I bought the CSL Bluetooth 4 adapter on Amazon (works fine, without install drivers)

(androsurface2)

I installed "Android IA" on the Surface Pro 2.

It works very fast, rotation work very nice, sound works.

But Wifi doesn't work. Maybe it's only for the the SF1.

(Surface2OSX)

I found a solution to get Audio (audio and mic) to work on the Surface Pro 2.

I used the VoodooHDA 2.8.0 (provided by akzidenz) - I add the kext with this post.

The problem is that you have to installed it right and a good way to do this is with the latest Kext Utility 2.5.6 (added with this post)

Kext Utility cleans up your extensions and repairs the permissions.

Follow these steps :

1. Remove AppleHDA.kext (of course, backup for later purposes) and remove your VoodooHDA.kext out of System/Library/Extensions

2. Copy VoodooHDA.prefPane (provided with this post) to System/Library/PreferencePanes

3. Open Kext Utility and type your administration password.

(It starts to repair the permissions of the current extensions and updating the system caches, wait until it's finished)

(It can take a while - about 2 minutes)

When it says : "All done, Have a nice ... day), you can proceed

4. Drag the attached VoodooHDA.kext on the window of Kext Utility

(it will ask again for your administrator password)

5. When this is finished, restart your Surface Pro 2 (boot up without caches and injected Kexts)

6. Go to your System Preferences and choose Sound

7. Make sure that the "Speaker(Analog)" is selected (in the Output-Tab)

8. Try your Sound Effects (make sure the Output Volume is up)

Enjoy the music ... :-)

Audio SF2.zip