10.4.8 Kiko Combo RC2

errandwolfe

52 posts in this topic

Any problems with spotlight? I´m havin´here

I had the same problem before i repaired permissions. Try to repair permissions using an install disc or another OSx installed version, like 10.4.6 JaS version. Then reboot and repair permissions in 10.4.8.

Dopamine,

After installing the Kiko RC1 Combo update with 10.4.8 GMA 950 and OpenGL options QuartzSimple and system profiler indicate that the GMA 950 isn't capable of doing Quartz 2D Extreme, which was possible in 10.4.6. Can anyone explain this? Otherwise 10.4.8 is running fine, including dmg-mounting and spotlight.

Dopamine,

doesn't work for me-broke my 10.4.7 installation-I booted in -v and all it says is "decoding R2D2"

If I boot up normally it goes to starting mac os x with blue screen and the progress line goes all blue and it just stalls.Any ideas.I did the f8 -s mount -uw diskutil repairpermissions / thing.

I booted in -v and all it says is "decoding R2D2"If I boot up normally it goes to starting mac os x with blue screen and the progress line goes all blue and it just stalls.

Sounds just like what happened on the original 10.4.8 update. Are you sure you installed the newer RC2 update?

OS.X.10.4.8.ComboUpdate.Kiko.zip - problematic

10.4.8 RC2 Kiko Combo.zip - newer, must repair permissions after installation

I insalled the update with OpenGL Framework i think this was a problem,

because at the and of the update it says it had problems with the installation.

So then i reboot nothing happens, i booted up the installation and go to the disk util

and fix all the permissions. Then reboot it says Starting Mac OS X like forever and i don't

get too the desktop does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks

I just installed it first with opengl.framework and 10.4.8 GMA950 drivers.. 10.4.8 GMA950 kexts did not have quarts extreme or core image support. Went back and installed the GMA900 drivers from JaS' 10.4.7 install dvd and everything is working perfect. Oh booting in single user mode to repair permissions didn't work for me, I had to boot from JaS 10.4.7 DVD and repair permissions form the installer.. But no problem what-so-ever. Also, the installer gave me a failure notice, but I just ignored it.

Install went smooth after install had to repair permissions rebooted booted to desktop just fine but noticed i had lost opengl support but lamer0 said the stdc++ was broken so i replaced that with the 1 from 10.4.7 but still had no opengl so i simply replaced that also from 10.4.7 along with the 10.4.7 kexts and ran borisbadenov's installer and now all is well

post-19727-1159830887_thumb.jpg

What is the big deal here?

A 10.4.7 installation and them install the RC2 Combo + repair permissions?

What new from the 10.4.8 we get in this hackintosh update to make it worth?

Installed just combo update at first. Restarted, fixed repaired permissions from installer disc. Using gma 900 and qe anc ci supported. Only problem, when going to system profiler, I get "There was an error while gathering this information." in the hardware window. What's the deal with that?

Guest bikedude880

No, no, and no! This update does NOT work with AMD processors... yet... I hate to sound rude, but if you had read a little bit, you would have found this out... ;)

Guys, please when you tell us whether it works for you or not, it really helps to let people know what kind of hardware you are running it on. If you don't have your hardware specs in your sig, let us know in your post. Also please this is a discussion thread specifically for RC2 of Kiko's release. Please make sure that is what you have used before you make any comments here.

Jas just released his own installer for 10.4.8, SSE3 Intel... it is up on Demonoid... was posted just under an hour ago from the time I am posting this.

He states:

"This update is for INTEL users with SSE3,It will install os x 10.4.8 on your pc. Just run this from your existing os x install.Reboot and enjoy."

Guest goodtime
Seems that the good old days for SSE2 are gone...luckly my 10.4.7 is working great as well.

Bruce

I'm keeping my SSE2 laptop. I'd rather surf the web on a SSE2 Mac than on a Windoze PC. It's wireless and it's the ultimate portable appliance. Unfortunately for us, there isn't a reason for Apple to support SSE2 chips, since none of the current Intel Mac line has SSE2 chips. Apple has always moved forward and left people behind; even to its own. That's a main reason why I turned to Hackintoshes. I'd rather design my own obsolescence by building an SSE3 tower from scratch. Since it will become outdated, might as well have fun building it and hopefully get some use out of it before the next big thing and maybe save a few bucks here and there. Not to mention the learning experience. Apple's got a market share from us that they are missing. Just look at the number of osx86project.org users! Hopefully they will catch on and sell a product that we can buy. Apple sells a G5 case, Power Supply, Intel MoBo, OS X DVD and the box reads, "Build your own Mac." We supply the Box and OS X, you supply the Processor, RAM, DVD Drive, Hard Drive and Processor cooling fan and you got the best Mac in town; your Mac - uMac.

gt

System Specs for Compaq Presario SR1151NX

Type of System: Desktops/Servers

Bus Architecture: PCI/PCI Express/USB

CPU Type: 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4

System Memory

Standard Memory: 512MB (Removable)

Maximum Memory: 4GB

Memory Expansion: 4 Sockets (2 banks of 2)

this is my computer, which the RC2 kiko update worked on after I did the single user repair permissions.