10.4.8 Kiko Combo RC2

errandwolfe

52 posts in this topic

since its showing no seeders on my thing, but one seeder on the site, I"m guessing nobody has it yet.

but I'm trying to download it, and I'll post my results as soon as i get it.

the last update got me to where it was a black screen and I could move the mouse around, thats it.

Same results here. First update stuck on the blue screen, but worked with -v . When I tried x1800 drivers it went completely belly up .

Downloading rc2 at the mo, 84%, will report back later.

I'm doing clean installs each time, hopefully I'll have something constructive next time,

Andy

alright, can you explain how one gets to single user mode (where do I type "-s") I know how to repair permissions, so that doesn't need to be covered.

but where and when(do I restart and then type this?) do I type "mount -uw /" and then where do I type "diskutil repairpermissions /"?

just finished downloading, I'm now seeding along with almost 50 other people. hurry up people, get it and try it out.

I'm seeding until I get a ratio of 1, and I'd like to see some comments on it before I try it out.

Got mine too, thanks everyone. Not going to try it tonight, good film on in a bit (Go) and got work to do first thing, so can't be doing with a re-install with my first cuppa in the morning!

Hopefully by the am there will be loads of people posting from their shiny new 4.8s

Andy

Yes, it worked !

I updated my JaS 10.4.6 OSX to Kiko 10.4.8. using the installer made by Kiko RC2 Combo. It works perfectly although the installer showed some errors. After reboot i went to single user mode and repaired permissions. (F8, -s, mount -uw, diskutil repairpermissions /).

My specs:

Intel Pentrium 940 D

Asus P5LD2-VM mainboard with onboard GMA 950 graphics card.

Netgear 311T wireless LAN (kext IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5 required).

Onboard sound ALC882 enabled with Rammjet's guide.

Now testing for some unexpected errors... keep you posted.

Tim,

Worked here too! As Dopamine said some errors in the installer (maybe cauz I had the other kiko´s release installed yet?) But I rebooted did the repair permission stuff and it worked very nice! I´m gonna reboot again 4 testing purposes. Thanx Kiko!!

I'll be honest, I"m not gonna seed all night, because I'll be anxious to get started onto 10.4.8, but I'll seed to a 1:1 ratio for sure.

Just find the installer where it is downloaded. Click on it. Hit Command-D. A duplicate installer is created. Play with the duplicate all you want while your original is seeding.

I did the single user and the mount and the repair permissions but then it iddn't say anything else ater that so I just restarted and then it worked. so I dunno.

I did the customize install and did the osx 10.4.8 combo update

the GMA 950 10.4.8 (don't know if I need it or not) did the Open GL 10.4.8 Framework and I did the Foundation Framework.