Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi, Ammoune, have read this? 

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47032-Ami-Aptio-firmware-(UEFI)-dsdt-firmware-mod/page5?p=806498&viewfull=1#post806498

it seems that it's' possible make a universal DSDT with a sort of if osys = windows then something, else do other 

Once you add Darwin to the OS list and insert the OSDW method, you can use it with a DSDT patch by changing the return value at the end.

Here's my ethernet patch as an example.

Before:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Package (0x04)
	  {
	    "built-in",
	    Buffer (One)
	    {
	      0x01
	    },
	    "location", 
	    Buffer (0x02)
	    {
	      "1"
	    }
		}, Local0)
	DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
	Return (Local0)
}

After:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Package (0x04)
	  {
	    "built-in",
	    Buffer (One)
	    {
	      0x01
	    },
	    "location", 
	    Buffer (0x02)
	    {
	      "1"
	    }
		}, Local0)
	DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
	If (OSDW ())
	 {
	   Return (Local0)
	 }
	 Else
	 {
	   Return (Zero)
	 }
}

In the "after" version the values will only be injected in OS X, leaving the DSDT untouched in Windows.

• Like 1

Hi, Ammoune, have read this? 

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47032-Ami-Aptio-firmware-(UEFI)-dsdt-firmware-mod/page5?p=806498&viewfull=1#post806498

it seems that it's' possible make a universal DSDT with a sort of if osys = windows then something, else do other 

Everything you need to know/use is right under your nose in the QUO BIOS DSDT, those are just talks based on that..

A DSDT can never be universal is like you want to make a dress for all women in the world, impossible ;)

If with example is hard to figure out, then is better to not do it at all.

My 2 cents.

Everything you need to know/use is right under your nose in the QUO BIOS DSDT, those are just talks based on that..

A DSDT can never be universal is like you want to make a dress for all women in the world, impossible ;)

My 2 cents.

As already The King said if you look at quo dsdt you will find numerous cases where "if OSDW" statements are used.

I would also have to agree that making a dsdt that can be flashed to any board even with same chipset is not very safe.

With my limited acpi knowledge and from what i discovered the last days the best approach (and again not entirely failsafe) is to try to correct dsdt by removing references to non existing devices and rearrange scopes and devices so thinks are more clear.

Even renaming devices is something that would potentially "kill" your bios cross-platform capabilities so imagine what a complete replace with a dsdt from another system can do.

Also have in mind that other acpi tables are using references to dsdt or ssdt's i think RSDT or XSDT has info of all acpi tables something like an index.

As already The King said if you look at quo dsdt you will find numerous cases where "if OSDW" statements are used.

I would also have to agree that making a dsdt that can be flashed to any board even with same chipset is not very safe.

With my limited acpi knowledge and from what i discovered the last days the best approach (and again not entirely failsafe) is to try to correct dsdt by removing references to non existing devices and rearrange scopes and devices so thinks are more clear.

Even renaming devices is something that would potentially "kill" your bios cross-platform capabilities so imagine what a complete replace with a dsdt from another system can do.

Also have in mind that other acpi tables are using references to dsdt or ssdt's i think RSDT or XSDT has info of all acpi tables something like an index.

My 2 cents.

Hi friends :D !

Here i'm not talking about UNIVERSAL DSDT but if you look at all "Z87 chipset GIGABYTE Boards" and only "Z87 chipset GIGABYTE Boards", it's same DSDT except for some of this Z87 that they have in Device RP05 ("Device MVL1 and MVL2" and SLI Slic ), It's the only difference that are? This is why i will make a Bios Mod for this series, and only for those who want to try, if 0,01% don't work or don't want it SIMPLE DELETE TO TRASHE  ^_^ !    

• Like 1

OK i try to fix WiFi card

Wifi card AR9285 works with dsdt injection, as you can will see, it needs only inject data on rp05\PXSX 

Hi Aigors!

Can you verify your ioregistryexplorer, where is located your Wifi card in RP05/ RP07?

Wassup folks!

Did anyone succeed at making HD4000 or HD4600 working without getting stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" error during boot?

Does it requires any DSDT editing, or changing the model identifier, or maybe some BIOS settings?

Thanks in advance:)

Wassup folks!

Did anyone succeed at making HD4000 or HD4600 working without getting stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" error during boot?

Does it requires any DSDT editing, or changing the model identifier, or maybe some BIOS settings?

i had to edit DSDT injecting some changes, what kind of mobo you have? if it's' gigabyte wait this afternoon when ammoune bost his bios mod, now i'm out of my house and i cant post modified DSDT, for avoiding this you can use a real grpahics card if you have one 

Anything new been happening with Ozmosis lately? I been away from the scene fixing my miners.

Fred show us some tricks about bios, non only ozmosis related, but very interesting, ozmosis stopped at version 894, ammoune are preparing DSDT specificaly edited for ozmosis, based on original QUO DSDT 

Are MaciASL patches compatible with DSDT Editor?

Yep. But i think you have to use MaciASL to get them. I know when I first tried browing some of the repos I was getting 404s yet the patches would load up fine from inside MaciASL.

Not sure if it is still that way. I didn't stick with it as I prefer DSDT Editor.

I didn't stick with it as I prefer DSDT Editor.

Same here, but only because MaciASL is the most user unfriendly editor i ever used.

MaciASL's only advantage is that you don't have to install Java to open it, in everything else it's full of disadvantages.

You have to be connected to the internet in order to recieve patches, you can't save the patches within the app without connecting to the repository server, you can't even save the repository data within the app (everytime you move the app to a different computer you have to enter the links all over again) , you don't have any access to individual patches (unless you copypaste them manually from motherboard patches) , and maybe i'm wrong but seems like the compiler generates more errors than any other editor.

P.S. Sorry PJALM, nothing personal. Maybe someone else may see those "bugs" as great "features", but i don't.

Ok, hi friends  :D !

Finally finished, after some days of  :sick: !!! 

Please first of all, if you are not interrested, you will have to abstain. Or Did not work? Trash! It's just for fun and my system is stable, all works like charm.

I've fixed the problem of sound at wake, by adding Method _DSW: Device Sleep Wake. 

I want to thank all those who directly or indirectly help me to do this. Special thanks to: 

Pjalm, Toleda, PikerAlpha, CodeRush, Kozlek, THe KiNG, Xpamamadeus, TrueSoldier, FredWest, Slice, STLVNUB, Andy, Hnak, Thomaso66, Fernando, Acebmxer, stasio, for "patches, tools, bios Orom's updates and for help"!!! 

Here is the folder that contains the necessary for your Hack, Audios, FakeSMC 06.08.1307 & Sensors, Lan, OZM 894M files, SSDT's only SATA's and Graphics, Tools for Windows and OS X, Oroms "already updated with latest Oroms and CPU Microcode

The QUOXXXXXXXX.FX for each board already contain these files, you need to add OzmosisDefaults. If you want to add SSDT in Bios, the pikeralpha command is in SSDT's folder and you need to copy he's content and paste it to content of the RAW then you need to replace it, it's the second from up to down" in this module: 299141BB-211A-48A5-92C0, and all other kexts and sensors must be in Efi/ Quo/ Darwin/ Extensions/ Common/ as Fred said.
In System/ Library/ Extensions/ you can put patched AppleHDA from audio folder.

For who have Z87N-WIFI, you can ask Aigros or other friends to Know what module you can delete to put FakeSMC because of space problem.

Have good Hack and Good luck ^_^ !

• Like 4

Wassup folks!

I've HD4000 and it boot with or without Blutooth.

Can you tell us what's your config ?

Fred