Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Same here, but only because MaciASL is the most user unfriendly editor i ever used.

MaciASL's only advantage is that you don't have to install Java to open it, in everything else it's full of disadvantages.

You have to be connected to the internet in order to recieve patches, you can't save the patches within the app without connecting to the repository server, you can't even save the repository data within the app (everytime you move the app to a different computer you have to enter the links all over again) , you don't have any access to individual patches (unless you copypaste them manually from motherboard patches) , and maybe i'm wrong but seems like the compiler generates more errors than any other editor.

P.S. Sorry PJALM, nothing personal. Maybe someone else may see those "bugs" as great "features", but i don't.

You Don't "Need" to be online to get patches or use them, in the patch window there is an open button. I would never use that java based editor again, ever. After SJ made MaciASL for me I will never go back. Its exactly what I wanted and more. If you find bugs in MaciASL let me know so I can tell him. BTW you can make a copy of the pref plist you know and copy to another comp.

• Like 1

Hi Riley :D !

I have z87x-ud4h!

The Ozmosis 894M work great in this board, with EnhancedFat.ffs, HfsPlus.ffs, PartitionDxe.ffs, FakeSMC6.8.1730.ffs, OzmosisDefaults.ffs, Ozmosis.ffs in Bios. FakeSMC6.8.1730 and all he's Sensors.kext, AppleIntele1000e.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, AHCI3rdParty.kext in Efi=>Quo directory

But you still have to put the kexts in the Efi/Quo directory. I have FakeSMC+sensors, ethernet and USB3 loading from the BIOS with 828M with nothing in the Efi/Quo directory.

I think they messed up the driver loading with 894M. Maybe it will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

But you still have to put the kexts in the Efi/Quo directory. I have FakeSMC+sensors, ethernet and USB3 loading from the BIOS with 828M with nothing in the Efi/Quo directory.

I think they messed up the driver loading with 894M. Maybe it will be fixed in the next release.

Yes! I agree 828M don't need a kexts installed in Quo directory, But if flash Bios, we have to reput SMBios in terminal  :mad: !

Hope the fix in the next release if it will be ^_^ !

After you flash with the Oz BIOS and set up the SMBIOS etc, make a backup of the BIOS. Then work off that.

This is what I do. I only have to change the ffs files if needed and flash. All my BIOS settings and nvram variables are kept.

• Like 1

After you flash with the Oz BIOS and set up the SMBIOS etc, make a backup of the BIOS. Then work off that.

This is what I do. I only have to change the ffs files if needed and flash. All my BIOS settings and nvram variables are kept.

Setting and nvram are saved, then files can be changed at anytime  :D  ^_^  .

Good idea :yes:  :thumbsup_anim: ! 

You Don't "Need" to be online to get patches or use them, in the patch window there is an open button. I would never use that java based editor again, ever. After SJ made MaciASL for me I will never go back. Its exactly what I wanted and more. If you find bugs in MaciASL let me know so I can tell him. BTW you can make a copy of the pref plist you know and copy to another comp.

Hi PJALM :D !

Simple crazy question please! It is possible to make a patch with MaciASL to get a Light Version of DSDT?

Hi PJALM :D !

Simple crazy question please! It is possible to make a patch with MaciASL to get a Light Version of DSDT?

Sure it is,u can make patch to remove many unneeded devices and methods.

This cannot be universal patch but mobo specific.

• Like 1

The reasoning behind using minimal DSDTs in the past was for speed, but this was when loading them from the boot disk. Nowadays you would use a SSDT for this.

I couldn't see any benefit to trying to do this for the BIOS DSDT.

• Like 1

Why would u want a "lite" version of a DSDT?

Hi  :D !

To make in the easiest way like this real DSDT iMac14,2: " Real iMac 14,2.zip " an DSDT cleanly arranged, beautiful to see and who have only the needed.

My latest " UD4H DSDT.zip " one work well with Windows and OS X, but i want to perform it until i delete all unneeded ;) !

The reasoning behind using minimal DSDTs in the past was for speed, but this was when loading them from the boot disk. Nowadays you would use a SSDT for this.

I couldn't see any benefit to trying to do this for the BIOS DSDT.

Yes, i agree!

i will understand :whistle: 

In this way, Why in the non patched version of Z77MX-QUO-AOS bios the DSDT is completely argumented? And in the PATCHED ONE is beautifully DESIGNED to work for OS X and Windows :huh:  ?  

a tiny DSDT or lite as u call it doesn't speed anything up at all, its such a small file so how can that make it faster? striping things u don't understand from a DSDT can be bad, real bad. Not to mentions your deviating from the whole purpose of DSDT patching in the first place which is to make it more "Apple" like. Making it trimmed down is far from any real apple one.

• Like 1

a tiny DSDT or lite as u call it doesn't speed anything up at all, its such a small file so how can that make it faster? striping things u don't understand from a DSDT can be bad, real bad. Not to mentions your deviating from the whole purpose of DSDT patching in the first place which is to make it more "Apple" like. Making it trimmed down is far from any real apple one.

Yes i see what your talking about!

My geekbench score now is greater than the old one with dsdt that i did, and my system as i can see, and as i understood after making this latest DSDT mod, is more stable and more recognized by OS X, Windows also work well.

In my opinion :D  :rolleyes: , i think! We need to know what hardware we have, what the devices we have and what of them we will use. Is like today, where i will surf, what is my beloved spot, and which board i will use ^_^ .

Sure it is,u can make patch to remove many unneeded devices and methods.

This cannot be universal patch but mobo specific.

Sure , but as i see, the patch's are changed now, every motherboard series have an universal patch, you can look at the Z87 chipset patch all is the same except HDEF and GLAN for GIGABYTE Boards :D  :wink_anim: ! 

actually that's so wrong, I make those z87 patches and GA has already changed the DSDT layout 4 times and ASUS 3 times since the Z87 launched, and a patch for one layout won't work on another.

So no they are not universal

• Like 1

I got my first Series 9 mobo yesterday, wonder if ozmosis will work :D

Huuummmm  :w00t:  :D  :thumbsup_anim:  !

As i seen, the DSDT of this 9 series is more complicated than the series 8. But i think, it will work well  ^_^ ! 

actually that's so wrong, I make those z87 patches and GA has already changed the DSDT layout 4 times and ASUS 3 times since the Z87 launched, and a patch for one layout won't work on another.

So no they are not universal

Do you mean the layout on a ga-z87x-ud5h.f8 for example will not work on a GA-Z87X-UD5H.f9 ?

Because I'm talking about Patch's 8 series for GIGABYTE only, and not asus!

Excuse my bad english  :blush: !

Waiting for results soo i can buy or not to buy z97.

Apparently it will work. I'm planning to buy a Apple "iMac14,2 or MacBook Pro Retina 15 or MacPro6,1: 4 x CPU's"  :yes:  :D  ^_^

I was saying that for both GA and ASUS they have changed the layout many times. What I mean is say one mobo like your GA-Z87X-UD5H, depending on bios version has had like 4 layouts so far, so a DSDT you make isn't gonna work even if someone has exact same mobo as you don't know for sure if they have exact same BIOS version. As far as I know GA still has more changes to come yet so the layout is gonna change again making my patches once again not work meaning new ones need to be made, so how you can make some universal one for even a single mobo let alone entire Series 8 line I can't see possible.

• Like 1

I was saying that for both GA and ASUS they have changed the layout many times. What I mean is say one mobo like your GA-Z87X-UD5H, depending on bios version has had like 4 layouts so far, so a DSDT you make isn't gonna work even if someone has exact same mobo as you don't know for sure if they have exact same BIOS version. As far as I know GA still has more changes to come yet so the layout is gonna change again making my patches once again not work meaning new ones need to be made, so how you can make some universal one for even a single mobo let alone entire Series 8 line I can't see possible.

My friend PJALM!

Thank's for your delicious explanation ^_^ , and yes it will be another change in layout, as i've seen in the F10 beta :yes: .

Carmine your bios finished.

DSDT edits done

Added IGPU + HDAU + Discrete graphics + HDAU.

All HDMI ports must work now.

Added your Custom  powermanagment SSDT.

test and report.

And plz dont use programmer,just asrock instant flash :D

Z87OCF1.zip

Report with DarwinDumper.

Thx.

If someone wanna gigabyte ozmosis mods and dont wanna make it alone here its some gigabyte database with ozmosis modded bioses on german forum.

Mod BIOS for Gigabyte database

:D  :hysterical:

I will now make one delicious DSDT for my Board, then i will have an chocolated result in GEEKBENCH  :graduated: ! 

Yesterday i was in 15657 and tomorrow i will post the latest one with my latest DSDT mod :robot:  :superman: .

And plz dont use programmer,just asrock instant flash :D

attachicon.gifZ87OCF1.zip

Report with DarwinDumper.

Mhmmmm again again again

I have spent money unnecessarily, it was better if I bought milk for my children, now I try and let you know, and I'll stick Darwin dump, but I'll try just today, now I can not I'm in the hospital for tests ... thanks big crazy man ... you're really a guru. you could not say before that I needed the eprom programmer