Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

@cecekpawonthanks for your help and time I still could not work out how to build a bios. I have managed to get a built bios from the German hackintosh site today it works. I have just changed the  Default plist. and added a network kext.ffs and I'm using sound though HDMI Cable

On 7/2/2019 at 2:34 AM, uglyJoe said:

The difference between the current patches and the hd46 version is the missing patch 1.2 and from 

patch 2.2

9090909090E80F2A000

agains

9090909090E8C8240000

Thanks

f.png.c6a0d8346295e5e31d30573f80267f35.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 8:54 PM, Kynyo said:

Did someone succeded booting Catalina with new Oz patches?

Yes, works perfectly fine with the provided files from my post above and both dedicated and integrated GPU (HD4600):

2105428427_Screenshot2019-07-21at16_21_00.png.26221aa4a8dd67dab18d9660330815da.png

Edited by TypeThree
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Friends, i was out from ozmosis for long time, now i would like to try to re-enter.
As far you know can i use ozmosis with AMD processor? 
If yes, in which way? 
many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

It's been a while and as i see, there much new stuff happened with Oz. 

I see that OpenCore finally saw the light of day and step by step getting into successor part from Oz. 

But i want to give Oz a try, because considering that i have already prebuild working configuration for 14.x, it would be easier. 

To sum up past couple pages, i didn't quite get what should be done to update Oz for Catalina. 

To make it work with 15.x i need to update Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults (new file structure or something else?) and Injector, or more things needed? 

oiz.png

bios-test.rom

On 11/7/2019 at 9:49 AM, firefly_can_fly said:

Hi guys, 

It's been a while and as i see, there much new stuff happened with Oz. 

I see that OpenCore finally saw the light of day and step by step getting into successor part from Oz. 

But i want to give Oz a try, because considering that i have already prebuild working configuration for 14.x, it would be easier. 

To sum up past couple pages, i didn't quite get what should be done to update Oz for Catalina. 

To make it work with 15.x i need to update Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults (new file structure or something else?) and Injector, or more things needed? 

bios-test.rom

All you should need is updated KernextPatcher.plist

Edited by IronManJFF
  • Like 1

To Update to macOS Catalina using Ozmosis you will only have to update the KernextPatcher.plist and all UEFTW Drivers. This means updating all Drivers in your ROM like KernextPatcher, ACPIPatcher, Darboot and so on. Please refer to the UEFTW Github.

Only updating the KernextPatcher.plist while using old versions of e.g KernextPatcher will not work!

You can find a working copy or KernextPatcher.ffs including a Catalina-compatible KernextPatcher.plist here: 

You should also update the SMBios Section of your personal Defaults.plist stored on the EFI Partition to comply with the latest SMBios Values. You can generate working SMBios Information using MacSerial.

Optionally you can also update to the latest Ozmosis Patch which is also provided in the post above. This patch addresses issues like iGPU+dedicated GPU usage, AptioFix, and DeviceProperty problems. Please read all information about it carefully because just inserting this new version and nothing else into your ROM will not work.

@firefly_can_fly Injector.kext is an old relict from SnowLeopard times, you can live without it.

@medallo It is probably not necessary to alter your DSDT but you should think about using SSDTs and ACPIPatcher instead of patched static DSDTs. If you are using a SSDT for CPU-Speedstep you might have to rework it, even though the only thing that really matters should be plugin-type=1

Edited by TypeThree
  • Like 1

Hi Friends, i would like to understand new way for ozmosis, i have a asrock Z97M-ITX-ac with an i5 4570, i would like build a firmware for mojave, can someone point me to some doc?
Many thanks 

• 2 months later...