Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

There hasn’t been much progress to it for quite some time except from volunteers... as Oz was never open source. Ozmosis ´successor’ is OpenCore which is open source

Can be inserted into bios as ozmosis? 

Edited by Aigors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You are correct about that. I have reworked the KernextPatcher.plist pretty heavily in attempt to make the patches more futureproof and reliable.

I want to stress once more:

On 7/1/2019 at 1:35 AM, TypeThree said:

Now with OpenCore as Ozmosis successor I think we should stop providing Ozmosis for beginners but instead try to generate a DataBase of information for people that are interested, want to patch around, learn or have fun. This can be this thread or if you guys have some good suggestions, go ahead and comment my idea!

The Ozmosis project for me is now only a way to learn more about various topics. I don't use Ozmosis anymore as I have switched to its way superior successor OpenCore but I still play around with Ozmosis once in a while and keep learning interesting stuff.

To all beginners: Please use OpenCore instead of Ozmosis nowadays!

To any Ozmosis enthusiasts and fools like me just playing around: Do what you want with your Ozmosis projects but please be careful and know the risks!

With that said, here is a new KernextPatcher.plist which should support every OS from Catalina 10.15.4 (and maybe even higher) down to Mountain Lion.

Place it on your EFI Partition next to the Oz folder and refer to the UEFTW Github Wiki regarding any issues.

Please provide feedback! Cheers!

KernextPatcher.plist

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

@STLVNUB & @Intel6600 

I am not against a discussion on this theme, but I sincerely believe that this forum is not the most suitable place for such a discussion either. I am always in favor of a constructive discussion, but when a discussion aims to add fuel to the fire (and unfortunately, it clearly is taking this turn), I must stop it immediately in order to protect the spirit of the forum. I am not here to prevent you from sharing your opinions on this matter but I'll ask you to continue this discussion in private.

Thank you guys in advance.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2020 at 6:21 AM, fantomas said:

@STLVNUB & @Intel6600 

I am not against a discussion on this theme, but I sincerely believe that this forum is not the most suitable place for such a discussion either. I am always in favor of a constructive discussion, but when a discussion aims to add fuel to the fire (and unfortunately, it clearly is taking this turn), I must stop it immediately in order to protect the spirit of the forum. I am not here to prevent you from sharing your opinions on this matter but I'll ask you to continue this discussion in private.

Thank you guys in advance.

I didn't mean to do with my initial post , I just wanted to see how many people where interested in an updated Ozmosis

and nothing more.

Sorry if I offended anyone

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Guys This is a F*****G really good bootloader, and i hope if really someone will push it to a Big Sur step up. OC is making some troubles in the UEFI Bios of my MoBo, without being injected in the bios, but settings are the point. I'm only on windows 10 now, lost my macOS habitude guys, and my MoBo too, and the UEFI Bios is quiet empty, it doesn't feel better than with Oz inside :no:

Yeah, let's hope someone to do it. I'm using Ozmosis now but for only Catalina, which is not bad, because I'm back to macOS, but pushing Oz to Big Sur, will be definitely the best thing. Because that boot loader now runs very well on Catalina. @Hermit Crab Labs you really done one of the best Darwin bootloader ever, and thank you so much for leaving us enjoying it from years until now :thanks_speechbubble: .

Yes, it Would be the Best Thing, to get it working with Big Sur. There is a AptioFix (Ocquirks), Which can be User from Bios, and should also work with Big sur: https://github.com/cecekpawon/UEFTW/commit/76cd3d7012fda24cde5cc1e6f6a4248f198bc004

There is only One Problem now, Kext Injection. Clover uses OpenCore for it, because they didn't get the "old" Kext Injection working with Kernelcollections, but it could be possible. First Betas of Big Sur (I think until B3) had Prelinkedkernel, so KernextPatcher was able to Patch, and Kext Injection worked.... 

This might need OC in the firmware also, did you managed to get it working on Big Sur with that FW Driver?

By the way, do you have AcpiPatcher that work for Catalina?

• 2 weeks later...

So sad for that bootloader, and i still don't know for what reason it's EOL. All other boot loaders are still fighting for that life, CLOVER still fight for that long life, Ozmosis shouldn't to? :( :fishing:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks

I was sitting all night on my NUC trying to install Catalina on it with Ozmosis.

Now I am getting to the installer screen :), but I am not able install Catalina on JHFS+ because of the error "that version of macOS 10.15.7 cannot be installed on this computer" or if I try to install on APFS formated volume, the installation tool asks me to format it to JHFS+ because "your mac need a firmware update in order to install to this volume" :cry:

My SMBios is iMac14,2

<key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>05/25/2019</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM142.88Z.F000.B00.1905251339</string>
        <key>BoardVersion</key>
        <string>10</string>
        <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
        <integer>3759137079</integer>
        <key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
        <integer>4280287039</integer>
        <key>FirmwareRevision</key>
        <integer>65546</integer>

Any ideas or did you encounter the same problem?