Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

I started to collect all known Ozmosis patches, thanks to @TypeThree, so everyone may patch by their own hands with their own needs here:
https://gist.github.com/cecekpawon/fe55262ff5ad60a2fdd9a21709a2b917

About KernextPatcher: it looks like (failed to create or catch ExitBS event / failed to determine Darwin booter / you guys curently booting to Windows or something), so KernextPatcher will do nothing there. Feel free to drop comments on gist above, I will try to recompile with extra debug messages.

PS: I dont have 10.15 aka Catalina installed, so I cant test by self.

I will test with you too

@cecekpawon I tried to use your Kernextpatcher.  File first I converted it to a FFS. AND ADDED TO A BIOS… (2)  THEN I PUT THE FILE IN TO OZ/Extentions/common/ folder  but I could not get to a boot screen in Catalina . Though I can install Mojove. From a usb stick

@cecekpawon I have tried your latest KernextPatcher. but with it I could not boot into Mojave o\s. the progress bar took a long time and went to a black screen for me so I did not try Cataalina from my usb install.

how I used your file. I replaced  the body of the KernextPatcher of a working bios with your file  using the UEFITOOL

THANK YOU SO MUTCH FOR ALL YOUR TIME. In helping with this problem

Best Regards

Baldy

@cecekpawon did it again!

I successfully booted from Ozmosis to Catalina with the new KernextPatcher from https://github.com/cecekpawon/UEFTW/tree/master/Releases and 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, uglyJoe said:

On 2/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, uglyJoe said:

@cecekpawon

it's missing in all XMAX I found so far.

I extract the dependency form XMAS and put it in HD46 already, but I didn't tested it yet.

Was waiting for your answer, to go ;)

Edit: Done, all fine.

Ozmosis HD46 with DXE dependency section:

Ozmosis-HD46+DXE.zip

On 2/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, uglyJoe said:

OsxAptioFix2Drv with a unique GUID: ED5C3A97-D211-6FBA-B9F1-0780047A6F7B

OsxAptioFix2Drv.zip

Have fun and special thanks @cecekpawon  for keeping Ozmosis alive!

Edited by uglyJoe
  • Like 3

Great job guys, thanks for the effort!

@cecekpawon Did it fail to hook ExitBootServices or was it a problem with detecting the BooterOS Version?

@uglyJoe What about AptioMemoryFix, have you tried it?

I was wondering, why you renamed the Ozmosis Version with your ROM... Nothing bad about it but I think we should work together to avoid confusion. XMAX is named that way as a word-play, a way to get the maximum out of Ozmosis by extending it with ceceks drivers. I would suggest to keep it that way and just implement the patches from ceceks gist. That would look like the file in the attachment, which should only be used with KernextPatcher, a DeviceProperty Alternative, a dedicated AptioFix and all other Modules of current Catalina/Mojave Ozmosis-ROMs:

Edit: Fixed file: Ozmosis.efi

Btw: I had a look at Ozmosis DePex Section, I am pretty sure we could extend it if there is the need for that, the structure is very simple.

GUIDs from DXE Modules (like CORE_DXE) (byte swaps!)

separated by hex values:

02=PUSH

03=AND

08=END

What do you guys think, do we need to alter it?

@卡几点上课 For testing purposes only:

KernextPatcher.ffs

Edited by TypeThree

@TypeThree

Yes I have tried AptioMemoryFix with Ozmosis and it doesn't work for me.

But OpenCore is working well with AptioMemoryFix so I use both, at the moment :)

I just renamed this Ozmosis version to HD46 to reflect the changes I made (applying some of cecekpawon's patches to make Ozmosis working with my Intel HD 4600) and to avoid confusion.

From what I read from your post, both should be identical except the naming.

I think a new patchlevel should get new name but at the end I don't care about it and we can do it like you suggest.

@uglyJoe Have you tried debugging the issues with AptioMemoryFix? :)

I agree that different Patch-Levels should be differentiated by different namens but there's Version Number and Date as well, which we might use to differentiate. I was just confused when I suddenly saw version HD46 in Logs or Bins because I had never heard about it before, we should just agree on something because otherwise there's gonna be a lot of different Ozmosis versions floating around soon and nobody will be able to differentiate ;)

The OZ EFI I posted also contains the second AptioFix Patch, but apart from that they are equal.

Now with OpenCore as Ozmosis successor I think we should stop providing Ozmosis for beginners but instead try to generate a DataBase of information for people that are interested, want to patch around, learn or have fun. This can be this thread or if you guys have some good suggestions, go ahead and comment my idea!

Edited by TypeThree

11 hours ago, TypeThree said:

Great job guys, thanks for the effort!

@cecekpawon Did it fail to hook ExitBootServices or was it a problem with detecting the BooterOS Version?

@uglyJoe What about AptioMemoryFix, have you tried it?

I was wondering, why you renamed the Ozmosis Version with your ROM... Nothing bad about it but I think we should work together to avoid confusion. XMAX is named that way as a word-play, a way to get the maximum out of Ozmosis by extending it with ceceks drivers. I would suggest to keep it that way and just implement the patches from ceceks gist. That would look like the file in the attachment, which should only be used with KernextPatcher, a DeviceProperty Alternative, a dedicated AptioFix and all other Modules of current Catalina/Mojave Ozmosis-ROMs:

Ozmosis.efi

Btw: I had a look at Ozmosis DePex Section, I am pretty sure we could extend it if there is the need for that, the structure is very simple.

GUIDs from DXE Modules (like CORE_DXE) (byte swaps!)

separated by hex values:

02=PUSH

03=AND

08=END

What do you guys think, do we need to alter it?

@卡几点上课 For testing purposes only:

KernextPatcher.ffs

Thanks

Ozmosis and OpenCore is 2 difference products IMHO. They may came with the same embryo, but with some different design and implementations. I think I forgot to store 1 more patch for AptioFix. Please compare / re-test with this. But you will lose your boot-log afterwards. I will try to create another driver if needed to log Ozmosis boot. Maybe like this.

12 hours ago, TypeThree said:

Yes, they forgot to include their stupid booter version (BooterOSVersion remain 10.12) on Catalina booter. I used it as my Clover booter patch filter by version.

b2.jpg.8ddd5687d5092224c0ccb1c5f95c86db.jpg

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I have done some tests with @cecekpawon patches to use AptioMemoryFix with Ozmosis.

The results are a little strange.

- if I apply all patches, Ozmosis didn't load

- if I use Ozmosis from @TypeThree , it won't load

- if I apply the missing patch to my hd46 version, macOS crashed like before

- if I apply only patch 1,3 and 4, Ozmosis and AptioMemoryFix are loading and macOS is booting :)

So I assume, there is some kind of crossing over between the patches.  

Edited by uglyJoe

The difference between the current patches and the hd46 version is the missing patch 1.2 and from 

patch 2.2

9090909090E80F2A000

agains

9090909090E8C8240000

from https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?do=findComment&comment=2664124

But I does a new test and start all over with a fresh Ozmosis.efi from https://github.com/tuxuser/OzmosisBIOS/blob/master/Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.zip

Than I applied Patch 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, 4.2 and I changed Patch 2.2 to

C: (2.2) Disable internal Devprop
F: E861430200E8C8240000
R: 9090909090E8C8240000

The result is working with AptioMemoryFix and booting macOS.

Edited by uglyJoe

Thanks for testing!

So only when you leave out the Patch that deactivates the internal DevProp, Ozmosis will load? Does the HD4600 work in this case?

What exactly do you mean by it doesn't load?

Does it work when you only use Patch 1.1 and not 1.2?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the latest post. Looks like a typo with 2.2 in @cecekpawon's gist, good catch!

Edited by TypeThree

17 hours ago, uglyJoe said:

The difference between the current patches and the hd46 version is the missing patch 1.2 and from 

patch 2.2

9090909090E80F2A000

agains

9090909090E8C8240000

from https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?do=findComment&comment=2664124

But I does a new test and start all over with a fresh Ozmosis.efi from https://github.com/tuxuser/OzmosisBIOS/blob/master/Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.zip

Than I applied Patch 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, 4.2 and I changed Patch 2.2 to

C: (2.2) Disable internal Devprop
F: E861430200E8C8240000
R: 9090909090E8C8240000

The result is working with AptioMemoryFix and booting macOS.

This is my 167X-MASS bios, could you please insert the patches? Im willing to test mojave with my HD4600 to see if it manages to boot. Thanks!

https://puu.sh/DNFMN/ef58164795

Done.

Applied patches, installed latest WEG, and Lilu and HD4600 got recognized into HS and Mojave :)

Edited by Kynyo

Ozmosis XMAX Extended (Release: 07/01/2019)

The attached files should comply with all the things we figured out:

Patched Ozmosis XMAX for macOS Catalina 10.15: Ozmosis.efi

Includes all Patches from Gist and 2.2 is altered the way you suggested, also DePex. Here's the ffs: OzmosisCompress.ffs

It is called XMAX but can be differentiated from other XMAX variants by the ReleaseDate: 2019-07-01 which appears right next to the Name in the Log and Binary.

Doublechecked KernextPatcher, here are my working files for current macOS Catalina 10.15: KernextPatcher.ffs KernextPatcher.plist 

(for 10.15.4 and higher please refer to this post)

Here are all AptioFixes, also in FFS Version with GUID according to the Drv.inf files: AptioMemoryFix R26.zipOsxAptioFix2Drv.zipOsxAptioFixDrv.zip 

You have to use an AptioFix with this patched Ozmosis!

An Updated Defaults.plist for macOS Catalina (SMBios iMac 14,2): Defaults.plistOzmosisDefaultsCompress.ffs

And ApfsDriverLoader as well as HFSPlus in their newest version: ApfsDriverLoader.Rev-2.0.7Compress.ffsHFSPlusCompress.ffs 

I recommend using DevProp or an alternative way of DeviceProperty-Injection (e.g SSDT), more information here: 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?do=findComment&comment=2664189

And some more files can be found here: Ozmosis macOS Catalina OZ167-XMAX extended

Edited by TypeThree
  • Like 3

Could someone be so kind as to add the ffs files to a standard bios. so I can boot Catalina as I've been trying to do it but I keep making big mistakes and falling to succeed

Best regards

Baldyman

Z97PD3.F9b

@BALDY_MAN

I think what you need to do is:

1. To insert all modules provided by @typethree above:

- Patched Ozmosis, config, and theme.
- FS driver: Replace FileSystem (93022F8C-1F09-47EF-BBB2-5814FF609DF5) with AppleFat(*). Insert AppleHfs(*), and ApfsLoader.
- UEFTW: KernextPatcher, DevProp + AppleDevProp (*), with additional Darboot+ AppleBootPolicy and AcpiPatcher(**).
- Aptio-Mem-Fix.
- Shell.

* You may extract latest Apple modules with this script https://gist.github.com/cecekpawon/e38bda384ff115f09e638482849deb2d

** Darboot is a helper to create boot entries when Ozmosis cant read some new boot.efi paths, mostly installer (if it isnt blessed already). Disable this driver with boot-args / plist if it start to screwed up your current boot entries by Ozmosis. Its recommended to load as one boot time only. You are still able to manually launch the boot.efi from uefi shell isnt it? While AcpiPatcher to bin patch your acpi tables. You dont need this if you are preferred to load your fixed tables by Ozmosis. https://github.com/cecekpawon/UEFTW/wiki

2. Pray for upcoming fresh release from trve devs.

• Like 2

Did someone succeded booting Catalina with new Oz patches? After installation at the last stage prior booting my system is shutting down with HD4600 only. Working flawlessly on Mojave and High Sierra using Aptiofix2Drv, patched Oz, kernexpatcher, and Whatevergreen+Lilu. 

image.thumb.png.33a6c8d359d518a5c06beba2ebaef8c7.png

Edited by Kynyo