Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Excuse me @mosconi , I didn't had time to reply, and yes, WathEverGreen replaced IntelGraphicsFixUp, so it was the magical solution.

@taoarch and @TypeThree:

I can boot normally to Mojave, with just choosing Mojave HD in the Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and without altering any Bios Option.

The result:

- Booting every Apple OS normally ^_^

- Booting Mojave from Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and keeping them as they are  ^_^

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Excuse me @mosconi , I didn't had time to reply, and yes, WathEverGreen replaced IntelGraphicsFixUp, so it was the magical solution.

@taoarch and @TypeThree:

I can boot normally to Mojave, with just choosing Mojave HD in the Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and without altering any Bios Option.

The result:

- Booting every Apple OS normally ^_^

- Booting Mojave from Boot Override on the Bios Settings, and keeping them as they are  ^_^

Magic!This is working for me under 10.13.6 and 10.14.1beta3 normally boot or reboot,but not 10.14...

6 hours ago, taoarch said:

Magic!This is working for me under 10.13.6 and 10.14.1beta3 normally boot or reboot,but not 10.14...

I can boot 10.14 with both graphics card IGPU/DGPU, I already confirmed it, after @TypeThree had posted that solution! And, for me, I only reboot with same settings on bios, and choose Mojave HD from Boot Override menu on my GIGABYTE board! Did you used WhatEverGreen? Did you used Ozmosis Mojave support by @TypeThree?

57 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

I can boot 10.14 with both graphics card IGPU/DGPU, I already confirmed it, after @TypeThree had posted that solution! And, for me, I only reboot with same settings on bios, and choose Mojave HD from Boot Override menu on my GIGABYTE board! Did you used WhatEverGreen? Did you used Ozmosis Mojave support by @TypeThree?

As I just said,according to your methods,I can boot 10.14.1beta3 with IGPU AND DGPU,

and I use wgatevergreen and ozmosis with Mojave support,but it doesn't work for 10.14 release edition。

And when I used 10.14.1beta1 before to test,  I only need to set dvmt to 32m and 128m in bios, it can boot normally.but but it doesn't work for 10.14.1beta3!

What a magical bug!

Edited by taoarch

As I just said,according to your methods,I can boot 10.14.1beta3 with IGPU AND DGPU,
and I use wgatevergreen and ozmosis with Mojave support,but it doesn't work for 10.14 release edition。
And when I used 10.14.1beta1 before to test,  I only need to set dvmt to 32m and 128m in bios, it can boot normally.but but it doesn't work for 10.14.1beta3!
What a magical bug!

I did not set dvmt to 32 and 128
The thing that works for me is boot override
This magical is working for me but not for you as i can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boot override is a very useful solution, but I found that in order to successfully boot Mojave, it should be saved and restarted after selecting the system item in Boot override. The computer must have a restart process to be successful. For this reason, I chose to change dmvt. Of course, this is not the only option.

14 hours ago, taoarch said:
Boot override is a very useful solution, but I found that in order to successfully boot Mojave, it should be saved and restarted after selecting the system item in Boot override. The computer must have a restart process to be successful. For this reason, I chose to change dmvt. Of course, this is not the only option.

Hm, maybe because different manufacturer for boards, but because i use for each os one selected drive while others are disabled from sata interface settings with profil settings in the bios, when i restart to choose Mojave profile i select its boot override and it works directly! But this is an alternative solution, that touches only haswell systems with Ozmosis!
Other chipsets have pretty same problem using clover, but they have a patch, except damned haswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ammoune78

Hi Friends, it's been a long time i'm not posting, but i have little time.
One my friend ask me for an hackintosh, but i'm very ignorant about latest developments 

, could someone advice me for a mobo, cpu and graphics card that are compatible with ozmosis? 

Many thanks 

3 hours ago, Aigors said:

Hi Friends, it's been a long time i'm not posting, but i have little time.
One my friend ask me for an hackintosh, but i'm very ignorant about latest developments 

, could someone advice me for a mobo, cpu and graphics card that are compatible with ozmosis? 

Many thanks 

Hi.. I have ASUS P8Z77-m - i5 3470 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2047 MB - iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)- SSD 120G - Mojave Ozmosis

get them.

Hi all,

just want to let you know, that I successfully installed Mojave on my hackintosh with intel hd4600 igpu only.

I updated Ozmosis to the xmax version and added the KernextPatcher.ffs into the rom.

For loading ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and to select the boot entries I used my enhanced rEFInd.

But I have to set igpu memory to 32M, any higher value stucks at the apple logo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a nvram variable that could be used to disable injection of SMCEmulator.kext from firmware (could not find any on the Wiki)?

I have an issue with Mojave 10.14.1 and 10.13.6SU on my QUO board and I would like to test something without that kext being injected from firmware.

Edited by IronManJFF

AFAIK SMCEmulator.kext is simply a renamed FakeSMC and nowadays pretty old (version 1300 or something like that). I wouldn't recommend using SMCEmulator, instead you should use VirtualSMC (MMIO support) or FakeSMC.

I don't think that there's a way to disable Kexts from loading that are in the firmware (except breaking kext injection on purpose :D), only if there's a kext with the same identifiers on the EFI it will be loaded instead of the one from FV. Ozmosis uses FV as a fallback in most cases.

Yes, because some VoodooHDA features are part of Ozmosis.efi itself, it's like a collaboration between VoodooHDA and Ozmosis (DeviceProperty Injection etc.). But as far as I am concerned Ozm doesn't have an effect on SMCEmulator itself, I could be wrong here though.

21 hours ago, TypeThree said:

Yes, because some VoodooHDA features are part of Ozmosis.efi itself, it's like a collaboration between VoodooHDA and Ozmosis (DeviceProperty Injection etc.). But as far as I am concerned Ozm doesn't have an effect on SMCEmulator itself, I could be wrong here though.

Hey!

Is there any progress in booting Mojave with hd4600?

I can boot it with "override", but I must repeat this step in bios every time I start, so I switch to clover.lol!

• Like 2

IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work. IMG_20181113_115609.jpg

Edited by Jakushevich

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 8:31 AM, Jakushevich said:

IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work. 

Any update with HD4600?

I can boot 10.14.2 only via boot override.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Used to use Ozmosis with my old Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5 Th and my GA Z87X UD5 some years ago. The Gigabyte bios was easy to mod because when you extracted the bios every modules was specified. Now with my Asus bios the modules has no text in FileName only the GUID-values and I really don't know which modules I should swap (filesystem?) respectively compress (COREDXE?) to give more space. Is there anybody how could help me with modding my attached bios?

Is it Right that I have 646 kb free space in my bios? How much space do I need for the XMAS Ozmosis? 

Any help appreciated.

WSCSE.CAP.zip

WSCSE.txt

Edited by obus