Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, taoarch said:

This is a way to solve hd4600 which could not boot Mojave under HD4600,but not perfect for me!

First,I must set 32m&128m in bios settings.

Then,I must enter the BIOS and exit it without saving everytime.

Last,every boot or reboot,lt will panic with usb,I have patch in kernextpatcher,and in High Sierra,everything is ok!

I don't know why...

Analogic problem, but usb - good work, Ozmosis need to patch ? Everywhere all working with GTX760 + HD4600, but in Mojave - NO! ((((

Method DSM in IGPU Device this (SMBIOS iMac14,2):

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x04, 0x00, 0x12, 0x04                         
                        }
                    })
                }

Edited by ShadIK02

I confirm for what@TypeThree said, just enter bios and exit without changing something in bios settings works, even without changing DVMT.

For the previous quote, i’ll post it leter, but it’s just that i posted for someone if he have a DVMT patch for haswell, because guys had posted Skylake Kabylake and maybe Ivy Bridge too DVMT PATCH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, ShadIK02 said:

Analogic problem, but usb - good work, Ozmosis need to patch ? Everywhere all working with GTX760 + HD4600, but in Mojave - NO! ((((

Method DSM in IGPU Device this (SMBIOS iMac14,2):

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x04, 0x00, 0x12, 0x04                         
                        }
                    })
                }

Many things are solved with Lilu Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

Things like rename device, injecting good property, device id, etc.

For newbies best way is to use Vit9696 (+team) kexts and all will be fine and working nearly OOB.

Fred

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FredWst said:

Many things are solved with Lilu Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

Things like rename device, injecting good property, device id, etc.

For newbies best way is to use Vit9696 (+team) kexts and all will be fine and working nearly OOB.

Fred

I tried, the problem is exactly the same

The problem is located somewhere different, I'm tracking the issue at the moment.

The first anomaly is that the issue appears even before the startup process of Mojave.

Another particularity is that different boards and hardware configurations seem to have the issue to different extends. Quiet magically some people don't even have the issue. I have periods of time where I have no issue at all and then suddenly, even if nothing seems to have changed, I can only enter Mojave with both GPUs by using the "BIOS trick".

Finally, it is confirmed that both iGPU and dedicated GPU can work together in Mojave (with Ozmosis) even when tools like Whatevergreen aren't even used.

This all leads me to the conclusion that it's highly unlikely that we are facing a macOS driver issue. The problem appears way to early which points in the direction of a UEFI driver issue, uppermost register- or memory issue – AptioFix.

Fortunately the Ozmosis internal AptioFix can be disabled by using the -norelocate boot-argument. At the moment it looks like the issue can be resolved by using -norelocate and loading the OsxAptioFix2Drv instead (AptioMemoryFix lead to NVRam issues during my tests).

Braveheart testers are welcome!

Edited by TypeThree

2 hours ago, TypeThree said:

Fortunately the Ozmosis internal AptioFix can be disabled by using the -norelocate boot-argument. At the moment it looks like the issue can be resolved by using -norelocate and loading the OsxAptioFix2Drv instead (AptioMemoryFix lead to NVRam issues during my tests).

Braveheart testers are welcome!

I will test it later,but I am puzzled with why this issue just occur under Mojave?

And you do these via shell or plist and insert OsxAptioFix2drv to bios?

Edited by taoarch

For testing I'd load AptioFix through Shell with "load OsxAptioFix2drv" (after navigating to the right directory) and afterwards start the boot.efi by navigating to the right one and entering "boot.efi -norelocate -v".

Please try that for me. You can also test different AptioFixDrivers.

IMHO, it’s a DVMT problem which was signaled by some users that own other chipsets to like Skylake for example, but they have patches already except for haswell, you can see that in the Mojave topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys.:wink_anim:
1. What do I need to change or change in my OZ bios? to install Mojave?
I have in High Sierra:
Btrfs, apfs, EnhancedFat, Extfs, HfsPlus, PartitionDXE, SmcEmulatorKext, DisablerKext, InjectorKext, CpuSensorKext, LpcSensorKext, GpuSensorKext, OzmosisHorizontalTheme, OsmosisDefaults, Ozmosis, RelatekRTL8111.
In / Efi / Oz / Darwin / Extensions / Common /: I have: Lilu.kext and AppleALC-OZM.kext
Board: asus p8z77-m - i5 3470 - NVIDIA GeForce 210 - iMac13,2

2. What graphics do you recommend that I have low cost?
I appreciate any help.

53 minutes ago, medallo said:

Hi guys.:wink_anim:
1. What do I need to change or change in my OZ bios? to install Mojave?
I have in High Sierra:
Btrfs, apfs, EnhancedFat, Extfs, HfsPlus, PartitionDXE, SmcEmulatorKext, DisablerKext, InjectorKext, CpuSensorKext, LpcSensorKext, GpuSensorKext, OzmosisHorizontalTheme, OsmosisDefaults, Ozmosis, RelatekRTL8111.
In / Efi / Oz / Darwin / Extensions / Common /: I have: Lilu.kext and AppleALC-OZM.kext
Board: asus p8z77-m - i5 3470 - NVIDIA GeForce 210 - iMac13,2

2. What graphics do you recommend that I have low cost?
I appreciate any help.

Here is,

On 6/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, TypeThree said:

Tried to fix that, this is what @cecekpawon and I came up with. This is just a new approach / alternative way to make kext-injection work with Ozmosis and the newest OS.

Please don't confuse this with a new Oz Version, it is not!

To differentiate, the patch is called 167X-XMAX and is fully based on 167X-MASS but used extended with cecekpawons UEFTW-Tools.

To make kext-injection work with Mojave a few things are needed:

Using this Oz file you will not have working injection! You must use KernextPatcher with a special KernextPatcher.plist! This plist holds everything for injection from ML-->Mojave. The Plist is included into the following FFS, if you use the EFI version you need to use the attached Plist (which you can extend with your own (Kext/Booter...)-patches).

After several tests I can confirm that Kext Injection and installation with Mojave works using this Ozmosis + Kernextpatcher but we need braveheart testers.

To install Mojave use: Ozmosis 167X-XMAX, KernextPatcher with right Plist, EnhancedFat, ApfsDriverLoader, HFSPlus, latest FakeSMC and an updated defaults.plist (this is a template/example: Defaults.plist / OzmosisDefaults.ffs).

Also the use of AcpiPatcher is recommended to fix bad ACPI-Headers and apply renames.

Please use all these files at your own risk!

Good luck!

IMHO, buy a used R9 280X from 100 euros in eBay it's good idea! which work OOB with Hamachi framebuffer!

1 hour ago, medallo said:

ammoune78 

Thank you.
First the graph to start.
R9 280X very big.
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 OOB work?

If I'm not saying something wrong, yes! Some users reported that it work on Mojave

On 10/1/2018 at 12:00 AM, WinstonAce said:

but it's too fast to see what's going on

For me that sounds like at least something is going on... When you boot Mojave with both GPUs without the Aptio Fix, you will get no Verbose Output at all. If there's some Verbose output after performing the previously presented method, it means that we are one step closer to the solution.

Have you tried AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFixDrv, too?

6 hours ago, medallo said:

ammoune78 

It is very large, it does not fit and a little expensive.

Excuse me, i was meaning the GT710 instead!

5 hours ago, TypeThree said:

For me that sounds like at least something is going on... When you boot Mojave with both GPUs without the Aptio Fix, you will get no Verbose Output at all. If there's some Verbose output after performing the previously presented method, it means that we are one step closer to the solution.

Have you tried AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFixDrv, too?

Why with clover no problem, while with Ozmosis the problem appear! Then it appear for other chipsets too, can you see the post that i've linked for Mojave topic?  

16 hours ago, WinstonAce said:

GT710 puede ser Kepler o Fermi, asegúrese de que está basado Kepler.

Enviado desde mi SM-G960F utilizando Tapatalk

hi.

in the specifications of NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 does not show if it is Kepler or Fermi. Where do I find them? only shows Cuda.

13 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Why with clover no problem, while with Ozmosis the problem appear!

Because Clover injects a different AptioFix – at least that's what I think is the issue.

In my case I also get the reproducable result that the issue is fixed when I inject OsxAptioFix2Drv. But unless others report about the same result (maybe with different AptioFixes) I can't tell if this is really the solution.

Edited by TypeThree