Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm looking to get this working with my np540u3c ultrabook. I would love to be able to boot into osx without the need of Clover.

I hope someone can help. Thanks

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Oz isn't intended for use with Notebooks, due its nature. If you don't have any dual BIOS/BIOS crash protection, it will brick your notebook if something goes wrong and then it needs reflash and a lot of headache in the process. You don't want that to happen.

Oz isn't intended for use with Notebooks, due its nature. If you don't have any dual BIOS/BIOS crash protection, it will brick your notebook if something goes wrong and then it needs reflash and a lot of headache in the process. You don't want that to happen.

I don't mind. I have a spare one. Would love to test it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Then I'd recommend to load everything with shell first using bcfg. You can put the shell on an USB thumb drive. If it works you can try to flash a custom BIOS afterwards. But let me just tell you that I don't think that your chances of success are that high though you can't loose anything using bcfg add... Before bricking your ultrabook, you might just send it to me :P;) Good Luck :D

• Like 1

could someone be so kind as to look at my modded bios. i have added oz2a.ffs and updated the default plist and converted to ffs

the  install restarts but  at about 22 mins remaning restarts then carries on. but then says problem with firmware cant install. 

just need someone to cheek the bois file.

as it then mite be os download faulty

Best regards

Baldy 

Nvidia Disabler= no bios.zip

the same ozdefaults works for me i did a cim install yesterday.also your 1070 requires a new fakesmc last i heard. this ozdefaults is from ammoune78 so i know its works iMac15,1

OzmosisDefaults.plist.zip

It's better to post your entire bios file so we can look directly at it.

Thanks for this, but my hack is recognized by apple as a real iMac and I don't like to share my smbios data.

Also I came to the conclusion that my problem has nothing to do with my ozmosis integration:

I add  APFS via bcfg like a driver and all work fine. always saw apfs partition and in Sierra and on boot menu.

I disconnect all disk's except my testing ssd and installed 10.13 in apfs mode.

I can boot this drive with a clover usbstick and verified the installation was successful.

I put a uefi-shell to efi\boot\bootx64.efi and the driver to efi\apfs.efi

I boot to the shell and load the driver.

Inside the bios 'apfs' is shown as a driver and from the shell I can see it is loaded  - so far so good.

But the boot-menu (via F12) doesn't show me any macOS entry.

Than I reconnect my macOS 10.12 ssd and there I can select the 10.13 disk as a start volume.

But it is rebooting to 10.12.

A few people tried and 90% of them failed, look it up. Ozmosis has no official support for mobile platforms. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-122?do=findComment&comment=2082310

That is because most mobile devices are using InsydeH2O, which has no 'official' support, which though does not imply it will not work. It's not 'it will not work', it's 'you will get no help'. Oz has been running on tablets. ;)

EDIT: Did not mean to encourage anyone to just slam Oz into their FD, on a mobile device with no recovery way. All I'm saying is that sb who has some skills could most likely make it work.

Thats certainly true. Putting SecureCore Tiano and InsydeH2O aside for a second, beeing able to properly integrate ozm into FD doesnt guarantee thats it's gonna work (completely). But as you said there's at least a chance. Though testing it out with shell should be the way to go if sb really wants to try it.

• Like 1

Ok guys spent this morning studying 12 pages of information and I think I know what to do and am ready to flash away, but have a few questions:

Right now my working oz defaults is for a 14,2 Imac. As I understand the FF + FFM are different for each different kind of imac? Doesn't matter if entered as dec vs hex? 

My settings:

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>05/01/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B46.1705011513</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>938805225</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>1073684479</integer>

Does that look correct?

Why must bios the bios date be for may 2017? Will my old 2015 Macbook pro be compatible for High Sierra considering it has an old bios?

Also how do I get the HS installer if I'm not a developer? Understand the two usb installation methods but gather Clover no longer needed for the oz2a update?

Also whats best install AFPS into bios or manually?

Also the new Oz2a.ffs file makes FF  + FFM, and FakeSMC update irrelevant?

And concerning the enhanced EDK2 Fat vs Hermit crabs. Whats best? Difference?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok guys spent this morning studying 12 pages of information and I think I know what to do and am ready to flash away, but have a few questions:

1 - Right now my working oz defaults is for a 14,2 Imac. As I understand the FF + FFM are different for each different kind of imac? Doesn't matter if entered as dec vs hex?

My settings:

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>05/01/2017</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B46.1705011513</string>
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<integer>938805225</integer>
<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
<integer>1073684479</integer>

2 - Does that look correct?

3 - Why must bios the bios date be for may 2017? Will my old 2015 Macbook pro be compatible for High Sierra considering it has an old bios?

4 - Also how do I get the HS installer if I'm not a developer? Understand the two usb installation methods but gather Clover no longer needed for the oz2a update?

5 - Also whats best install AFPS into bios or manually?

6 - Also the new Oz2a.ffs file makes FF  + FFM, and FakeSMC update irrelevant?

And concerning the enhanced EDK2 Fat vs Hermit crabs. Whats best? Difference?

Thanks.

1- Yes

2- Yes

3 - Bios and Bios date , yes

4 - Here ,  yes

5 - Not stable yet, but try and share experience

6 - Better to have the FF + FFM that you've posted, for fakesmc I prefer it to much my SMBIOS just to be 100% sure

7 - Didn't tried

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1