Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Do you confirm that with exact same settings and stuffs inside bios and from Bios settings you have same kernel panic: HighSierra installer and Sierra already Installed?

Or you can easily without problem boot into your Sierra HD, but not with HighSierra Installer? 

Like I said with updated Oz2a, modified fakesmc (yours and mine), and ozdefaults.plist (yours and mine based on your suggestions) I can easily load Sierra vanilla installer and an installed installation of Sierra. Just not High Sierra beta.

Going to take a break from this as have no idea and out of time..

Thanks for all your help Ammoune. Thank you.

@davidm71 If you boot with IGPU for the High Sierra Installer, can you change the AAPL,ig-platxxxxx with this: 

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<integer>220332035</integer>

@everyone This RehabMan Sensors worked for me, and have all kexts from bios running actually, compatible ITEXXXXX:

SMC 2.15f2 RehabMan Sensors 2.15f2.zip

SMC 2.22f16 : RehabMan Sensors 2.22f16.zip

Modified by PrefSetter

• Like 1

Well included the SMC 2.15f2 file and I got a little farther this time dropping MATs and including my DSDT on the Clover usb stick but ultimately it failed to load the installer at the same ACPICPU error KYNYO had and reading those past posts there was mention of this new Oz patch not being compatible with haswell and Z87?? Anyhow after that last attempt my bios got corrupted somehow and the motherboard auto flashed the other backup copy.

Not sure why maybe one too many flashes probably.

Thanks

Well included the SMC 2.15f2 file and I got a little farther this time dropping MATs and including my DSDT on the Clover usb stick but ultimately it failed to load the installer at the same ACPICPU error KYNYO had and reading those past posts there was mention of this new Oz patch not being compatible with haswell and Z87?? Anyhow after that last attempt my bios got corrupted somehow and the motherboard auto flashed the other backup copy.

Not sure why maybe one too many flashes probably.

Thanks

You need to drop the MATS table, and any other ACPI tables that have unprintable chars in the header.

@ the clover gui menu, press F4 and boot into another working OS X, in the acpi/dump folder, search for the MATS.aml open it with MacIASL, delete all things except the header, compile save! But, i'm quiet sure, that this error doesn't have to come if ACPI tables are seriously modified!

You can read in the first post made with the help of FredWst, that there's some tables that contain external declarations, and devices, methods and scopes.

So you should search in all freeform modules inside your bios, extract their raw content, and rename the .raw as 1.aml, 2.aml until the last one, then open them one by one. If MacIASL doesn't show something or crash just delete them, if show something like ACPI table rename it as it's real name, after that just remember each one from each module it was extracted, and search for the files that contain devices that you want rename, group them all in a simple folder, decompile them, and you should begin the patching in the dsl files.

take care for the IASL version made by the manufacturer, you have to use the same, but for you the IASL 5.0A is fine! After patching dsl files save them as aml then rename .aml to .raw!

Insert them into their modules one by one, for DSDT use DSDT2BIOS by FredWst, and you should be fine.

Another serious think, if you will use _DSM search in the scopes and device if it's already there in the device you want to patch and delete it, or you will not be able to boot OS X sometimes Windows to.

It's preferable to only add _DSM patch and correct the errors only, keep them as they are!

Devices that you can rename are:
GFX0 to IGPU
PEGP to GFX0
B0D3 to HDAU
SAT0 to SATA if you want!

It will eat your time, but ones done, you will forget some problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ammoune78

Just finished the last High Sierra install with only Oz and all goes well, simple and quiet no errors but didn't installed it in APFS, as it doesn't work for me, even all APFS.ffs or .efi tried! I will keep the system as is right now, the RehabMan Sensors work fine, kexts in the bios also! Three SMC headache modifying days, i'm so tired, will take some rest, sleep like died! 

Sounds like a complicated adventure to go through. I'm game however. So far I can drop MATs through Clover and get a lot of Verbose messages as if its doing something this time but still stalls out on an endless Firewire guid 000000000000 invalid error message. I'll try to edit the dsdt and edit the headers like you said Ammoune. Thanks.

I don't know my friend what your board have with HS, but i think you've many devices installed on! Can you update your signature with entire things you have on your MoBo. It's sadly abnormal, to not run HS. 

Unfortunately I found out the hard way that using apfs.ffs in the firmware prevents Oz menu from loading usb items.

I will test tonite if removing the APFS drive without removing apfs.ffs from firmware still shows the same behavior

Hi,

I'm going to take another stab at this and try removing disablerkext.ffs and Injector.Rev-1.3 from the firmware and see what happens. Perhaps they are not compatible? About my hardware configuration:

GA-Z87X-UD5H Gigabyte Board with 4670K CPU (Not overclocked)

Video: Nvidia GT-740

Wifi: Apple broadcom 802.11 AC BCM94360CD card

Pulled the NVME Card for testing and same error.

Thats about it..

Ok, in the OzmosisDefaults did you enabled Nvidia injection? And in boot args did you disabled the driver?

DisableNvidiaInjection= NO

nvda_drv=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammoune,

Not sure about that.. possibly not.. though I have made it to the promised land and was able to load the installer. Had to remove Disabler Kext, Drop MATS, enable and use HD 4600 igpu as this time got farther and my screen went black using my nvidia card. Also found an EFI folder someone posted somewhere for Clover and HS loading which I used. So right now HS is installing as we speak. Thank you for your help!

An interesting finding by our Russian hacker @savvamitrofanov about FirmwareFeatures(Mask) value burned into Apples firmware updates

IM142_0118_B44_LOCKED.scap: EFI updates available from 10.12.5 update.

FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0000000000000444         mov        eax, 0xff1fff3f

FIrmwareFeatures: 000000000000044d         mov        eax, 0xe007e137

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

ce583e1d39.png

Bad news. After install I still needed Clover and drop MATS to continue reboots however when I finally tried to load the finished install it would stall out again at FireWire Guid 000000000 invalid..

have you disabled the via firewire in bios ?

An interesting finding by our Russian hacker @savvamitrofanov about FirmwareFeatures(Mask) value burned into Apples firmware updates

IM142_0118_B44_LOCKED.scap: EFI updates available from 10.12.5 update.

FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0000000000000444         mov        eax, 0xff1fff3f

FIrmwareFeatures: 000000000000044d         mov        eax, 0xe007e137

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

ce583e1d39.png

Interesting if I can open this file  :D , but don't know app used for :rolleyes: ?