Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

A interesting approach of Ozmosis install i saw it here 

It's full Oz install but I think it will not create Recovery HD 10.13! But still good install method without having headache: Firmware..... OSInstall.pkg......., pretty cool  B)

It's full Oz install but I think it will not create Recovery HD 10.13! But still good install method without having headache: Firmware..... OSInstall.pkg......., pretty cool  B)

Ive manage to install 10.13 by this method and almost get it full running. 

Tnx to @Kynyo for amazing help, @ammoune78 (i read about our topic in dm, will respond as soon as make 10.13 work) and @venti42 for this dope install method. 

now i'm on my laptop and i'm a little blind :D so i need to wahtch at house on my 27" monitor to understand.

OFF Topic, my friend gave me a old asus P79-E WS 2011 mobo, do you think i can try Ozmosis in ? 

It will not create Recovery HD due to new APFS implementation, as strange as it is If i boot Sierra and I go in Disk Utility i see Recovery as hidden.

c898616729.png

now i'm on my laptop and i'm a little blind :D so i need to wahtch at house on my 27" monitor to understand.

OFF Topic, my friend gave me a old asus P79-E WS 2011 mobo, do you think i can try Ozmosis in ? 

you can try, but on X** chipsets you don't have IGPU, so you need flawless GPU to have. 

you can try, but on X** chipsets you don't have IGPU, so you need flawless GPU to have.

I have spare GTX660 or do you think i need to edit DSDT to "emulate" a sort of IGPU? ( i'm guessing )

I have spare GTX660 or do you think i need to edit DSDT to "emulate" a sort of IGPU? ( i'm guessing )

If Oz do the entire install process yes, with your GTX you can, but booting with clover I don't know if you can do it without IGPU, but give it a try! DSDT or SSDT is needed for GPU and InjectorKext also needed because of X79 Sata controller problem with Osmosis doesn't see it when booting.

Bios file have a capsule header, so you need to open it with UEFITool and to extract UEFI Image from it and save it as rom or Bios version number like .1704 for example, also DSDT can't be on Bios it have a .ROM, so keep booting with just SSDT it's pretty good!

• Like 1

To be clear I have made the installation with createinstallmedia on a usb stick and clover with the givet parameters, when I try to make the installation with oz it fails ( I think we need to modify the OzmosisDefaults to incorporate the parameters, I'm going to try that approach tomorrow ), after installed you can boot directly with oz modified to incorporate the two files provided by cecekpawon

Didn't work.

If Oz do the entire install process yes, with your GTX you can, but booting with clover I don't know if you can do it without IGPU, but give it a try! DSDT or SSDT is needed for GPU and InjectorKext also needed because of X79 Sata controller problem with Osmosis doesn't see it when booting.

Bios file have a capsule header, so you need to open it with UEFITool and to extract UEFI Image from it and save it as rom or Bios version number like .1704 for example, also DSDT can't be on Bios it have a .ROM, so keep booting with just SSDT it's pretty good!

Fortunately bios Rom it's' not soldered and i have programmer, so i can do every test i want 

• Like 1

Ive manage to install 10.13 by this method and almost get it full running.

Tnx to @Kynyo for amazing help, @ammoune78 (i read about our topic in dm, will respond as soon as make 10.13 work) and @venti42 for this dope install method.

You can see it installs on a HFS Journaled partition so it skip the APFS conversion.... Still I will try this method and see if the partition can be converted afterwards

Did you get stuck at the same spot than me ?

Yea. The best option is the one pointed by Aigors a few posts back, if you want the APFS you have two options, boot with the installer and format the partition or HDD you are going to use as APFS, restart and follow the option posted by Aigors, or install as HFS and when you have it running go to disk utility and convert to APFS, it is a non destructive conversion.

;((

I have yet to try all this new stuff. But I have been reading every post. With this new version, am I still supposed to add the firmware parameters in default, etc etc.

What should be different then the previous one you posted.

Thanks

Restarted at minute 11 and voila! 3rd stage im in.... DESKTOP! a25e223f6534f5707912edb66c44dd76.jpg

What I could see. APFS clean install with Oz it soooo damn fast!

As a bonus HS Startup Disk lists every OS from this system :))  Screen_Shot_2017-06-14_at_1.01.43_AM.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4