Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Was different when I last checked, seems like they introduced 'modding' to the fixed values within the last year, sorry.

Yes i think so, maybe 2 possibilities:

1- Each machine have its own FF & FFM

Or

2- They introduced standard FF & FFM for each machine series, but when machine is running for the first time it is automatically generated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience: If 1s step just failed with firmware check error, I need to start over by correct my FirmwareFeatures & repartition the target disk (like savvas suggested) or will fail forever.

In the first step it reboots, but in the second step, when it's installing on the target drive it fail with firmware check error at 21 min!

I'm sure that's FF & FFM related problem, because when i only change FF & FFM from OzDe problem appear

1- Each machine have its own FF & FFM

Not necessarily, though I did not check multiple models.

2- They introduced standard FF & FFM for each machine series, but when machine is running for the first time it is automatically generated

No and it doesn't make sense either.

When I'll be back @ home, i'll post the entire FF & FFM DMI section

hey all; 

first thanks for the effort you put in this project and the support you give to people.

My question after reading most guides and searching around is;

1- can Ozmosis be used on boards after the Z97 like h110, h270, z170, B250 etc .??

2- is Ozmosis only available to Gigabyte boards ( I have seen a some Asus and Assrock boards with Ozmosis bios around) ?

3- Can Ozmosis be used on any AMI Board ?

I planning to get a cheap pre built Lenovo Desktop S510 and found out its a Skylake H110 with AMi Bios ( I  have attached it (remove the .txt at the end) , but I cant finds Coredxe ,, found Dxecore !!)

Also when trying out the MSI H270 Bios , I could not locate the Coredxe (also attached )

I am asking about those 2 cz  dont have access to Gigabyte now where I live , everything seems to be Asus and Msi 

I did have several hackintosh builds in the past and my current rig does have one with clover on it ( Asus Rog Maximus 6 Formula, but I dont want to miss around with its Bios , its my main work system)

Again thanks for the support and help and keep  up the good work guys :)

lenovo.rom.txt

hey all; 

first thanks for the effort you put in this project and the support you give to people.

My question after reading most guides and searching around is;

1- can Ozmosis be used on boards after the Z97 like h110, h270, z170, B250 etc .??

2- is Ozmosis only available to Gigabyte boards ( I have seen a some Asus and Assrock boards with Ozmosis bios around) ?

3- Can Ozmosis be used on any AMI Board ?

I planning to get a cheap pre built Lenovo Desktop S510 and found out its a Skylake H110 with AMi Bios ( I  have attached it (remove the .txt at the end) , but I cant finds Coredxe ,, found Dxecore !!)

Also when trying out the MSI H270 Bios , I could not locate the Coredxe (also attached )

I am asking about those 2 cz  dont have access to Gigabyte now where I live , everything seems to be Asus and Msi 

I did have several hackintosh builds in the past and my current rig does have one with clover on it ( Asus Rog Maximus 6 Formula, but I dont want to miss around with its Bios , its my main work system)

Again thanks for the support and help and keep  up the good work guys :)

1 - You have to break the LENOVO.ROM security to be able to flash your ROM

2 - Then find out some modules that have biggest size to be compressed

3 - As said in the ChangeLog of the XMASS release, added Skylake CPU's support for testing

OZMOSIS BETA Features/Test: Skylake CPU support

After doing all these steps bellow, you should have some extra work to make system stable!

0000: 80 58 2f 00 03 00 00 00 37 f5 03 f8 37 ff 03 f8

0010: 02 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 99 ff ff ff b2 ff

0020: 00 00 b3 ff ff ff dd ff 00 00 e1 ff ff ff e3 ff

0030: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0040: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Apple specific FirmwareVolume

FirmwareFeatures: f803f537

FirmwareFeaturesMask: f803ff37

Region Type:02 Start:ff990000 End:ffb2ffff

Region Type:00 Start:ffb30000 End:ffddffff

Region Type:03 Start:ffe10000 End:ffe3ffff

Good morning all.

Thanks to all the developers that have taken time to help me in the past. and the use of the bios tool you have kindly sheared

cecekpawon thank you for your oz2a.ffs im using in my bios. and the ozmosisDefault plist from ammoune78

i have managed to build a ozmosis bios for my Gigabyte x97P-D3 which works in seirra 10.12.5 and High Sierra. 

but for some reason i can only boot the os from use of the F12 key. would someone be so kind as to help me

adjust  the bios file so i dont have to use the F12 on boot up. i Have enclosed copy of bios with report

Best regards

Baldy

HighSierra 4.5 bios.folder .zip

Good morning all.

Thanks to all the developers that have taken time to help me in the past. and the use of the bios tool you have kindly sheared

cecekpawon thank you for your oz2a.ffs im using in my bios. and the ozmosisDefault plist from ammoune78

i have managed to build a ozmosis bios for my Gigabyte x97P-D3 which works in seirra 10.12.5 and High Sierra. 

but for some reason i can only boot the os from use of the F12 key. would someone be so kind as to help me

adjust  the bios file so i dont have to use the F12 on boot up. i Have enclosed copy of bios with report

Best regards

Baldy

Hey BALDY_MAN,

You may have to four fingers after flashing bios, Load Optimized Defaults, OROMs to UEFI Only in the Bios settings, then save profile with your OS X HD from SATA Enabled and disable other ports is preferred.

Bios content:

Replaced:

- EnhancedFat with Fat from Download_Fritz link

- ACPI tables: DSDT, SaSsdt and IsctTabl, renamed GFX0 to IGPU, B0D3 to HDAU and PEGP to GFX0, PEG1=>PEGP to GFX1, PEG2=>PEGP to GFX2, added patch for MCHC, MEI, GFX0, IGPU, PEG0/HDAU, HDAU, SBUS, HDEF, LPCB, OSDW, DTGP and OSI.

Inserted:

- RehabMan FakeSMC, ACPISensors, CPUSensors, LPCSensors v6.25.333

- APFS.ffs

- BtrFs

- ExtFs

- HfsPlus

- Injector v1.3

- AppleALC 887

- Lillu

- RealtekRTL8111

- -lilubeta -alcbeta for bootargs in OzmosisDefaults in order to AppleALC works with High Sierra 

HighSierra 4.5 bios.folder.zip

No, its different than the one extracted from DMI table on running machine

Here's iMac15,1 running machine FF & FFM DMI values: 

Firmware Features:           f803f537

Firmware Features Mask: f803ff37

IM151_0207_B26? Thanks

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep -i "Boot"

IM151_0207_B26? Thanks

No it's:

Boot ROM Version: IM151.0207.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.22f16

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep -i "Boot"

My Hack:

Boot ROM Version: IM151.0207.B26

SMC Version (system): 2.22f16

3 - As said in the ChangeLog of the XMASS release, added Skylake CPU's support for testing

After doing all these steps bellow, you should have some extra work to make system stable!

-------------------------

Thanks for the reply mate,

How do you know if it has security or not, and doesn't all bioses have security even Assrock and gigabyte ??

How do you rank the board manufacturers for ozmosis ? Gigabyte > Asus > Assrock ??

I am asking this since I can't get hold of used z97 boards so I have to go new with z170/270 or H110/270 or the B250 boards which are quite cheap.

Also can you please point me to ozmosis main link to follow updates, I found many pages but don't know which one is the official page!

Again thank you for the help and effort you put in this project

-------------------------

Thanks for the reply mate,

How do you know if it has security or not, and doesn't all bioses have security even Assrock and gigabyte ??

How do you rank the board manufacturers for ozmosis ? Gigabyte > Asus > Assrock ??

I am asking this since I can't get hold of used z97 boards so I have to go new with z170/270 or H110/270 or the B250 boards which are quite cheap.

Also can you please point me to ozmosis main link to follow updates, I found many pages but don't know which one is the official page!

Again thank you for the help and effort you put in this project

Firstable, this topic is made by xpamamadeus, secondable I'm just user as all others, thirdable this project is made by QUO and The HermitCrabs Lab, and many coders, all credits goes to them!

you have to follow the first post to know how the Bios.ROM can be modified, then when you open Bios.ROM with UEFITool, you'll have a message that tell you that the ROM can't be saved if modified, 10 series and 20 series except some 20 series ASRock

This is experimented by the person itself, but for me GIGABYTE!

Some users have trouble with Ozmosis on their Skylake or Kabylake builds.

Main link, Last Ozmosis update by this Braveheart  :D

My opinion for you, if you really want Ozmosis, try it on 7, 8, 9 Series chipset Motherboards from Gigabyte or other manufacturers, or standby if another Ozmosis release will come to fully support Sky and Kaby CPU's or Open Core, or maybe yes "New Baby Born:wub:

Take your time before buying step  :yes:

@ the clover gui menu, press F4 and boot into another working OS X, in the acpi/dump folder, search for the MATS.aml open it with MacIASL, delete all things except the header, compile save! But, i'm quiet sure, that this error doesn't have to come if ACPI tables are seriously modified!

You can read in the first post made with the help of FredWst, that there's some tables that contain external declarations, and devices, methods and scopes.

So you should search in all freeform modules inside your bios, extract their raw content, and rename the .raw as 1.aml, 2.aml until the last one, then open them one by one. If MacIASL doesn't show something or crash just delete them, if show something like ACPI table rename it as it's real name, after that just remember each one from each module it was extracted, and search for the files that contain devices that you want rename, group them all in a simple folder, decompile them, and you should begin the patching in the dsl files.

take care for the IASL version made by the manufacturer, you have to use the same, but for you the IASL 5.0A is fine! After patching dsl files save them as aml then rename .aml to .raw!

Insert them into their modules one by one, for DSDT use DSDT2BIOS by FredWst, and you should be fine.

Another serious think, if you will use _DSM search in the scopes and device if it's already there in the device you want to patch and delete it, or you will not be able to boot OS X sometimes Windows to.

It's preferable to only add _DSM patch and correct the errors only, keep them as they are!

Devices that you can rename are:GFX0 to IGPU

PEGP to GFX0

B0D3 to HDAU

SAT0 to SATA if you want!

It will eat your time, but ones done, you will forget some problems!

Last night I pulled all my header files and other aml files through booting with F4 + Clover. I'm still a little confused on how to make these edits and not sure where to find that post by FredWst you referred to. Is what you propose just like editing the dsdt files? Havent done that in a few years but will study up on that again. I mean I have a DSDT file i made a few years ago following naming conventions as I understood back then. Maybe I could start there on the efi folder that Ozmosis loads and if that works then use Dsdt2bios?

Thanks.

PS: I understand this takes more advanced skill set but interested in learning. Thanks.

Edit: RacerMaster I found your blog detailing the problem. My hats off to you!

Last night I pulled all my header files and other aml files through booting with F4 + Clover. I'm still a little confused on how to make these edits and not sure where to find that post by FredWst you referred to. Is what you propose just like editing the dsdt files? Havent done that in a few years but will study up on that again. I mean I have a DSDT file i made a few years ago following naming conventions as I understood back then. Maybe I could start there on the efi folder that Ozmosis loads and if that works then use Dsdt2bios?

Thanks.

PS: I understand this takes more advanced skill set but interested in learning. Thanks.

The steps are simple, you just have to be patient, from the first post look at the steps 8 and 9 it's already written:

8.) DSDT modifiyng by Fred

9.) SSDT replace by Fred

Ok the process need you to open your bios file with UEFITool, expand the Volume number 2 and to search inside all Freeform modules that contain raw form compressed or not, it doesn't mater. Extract does raw files as .aml in UEFITool by clicking on Extract Body, select extension to extract as and choose: "all files" then save as 1.aml, create an folder that have the guid name of this module from where you just extracted this raw file, repeat this step until the last raw file.

Now open does aml files, one by one with MacIASL and click on Edit from menu bar and Find, (Assuming that we have to rename GFX0 to IGPU, B0D3 to HDAU, PEGP to GFX0 and maybe H_EC to EC) find GFX0, B0D3 if you want "H_EC", keep only aml files that contain does names others not needed, now group them into one folder add there DSDT.aml, you can extract it with Dsdt2Bios by Fred from AmiBoardInfo.bin.

Download the attached zipped folder below that contain iasl 5, Decompile ACPI.txt and refs.txt, put the aml files in this folder or put this three files into created folder that contain your aml files!

Open Terminal, type cd "drag and drop the folder that contain aml files and iasl and refs.txt" press enter

Paste this command:./iasl -da -d -fe refs.txt *.aml, open refs.txt copy the content, and from the Terminal press Enter

It will begin the decompilation of aml files, you shouldn't have error, if so you're done

​Now you can begin to patch these .dsl files and rename devices, save your files as .aml from MacIASL with ACPI Specification 5.0A, then rename the .aml to .raw except DSDT that will be inserted into the AmiBoardInfo, but for others you have to insert them into their right modules by clicking on replace body and choose the right raw file for the right module.

It's ok save the rom file and go flash your MoBo!

Note:

If you don't want to use OSDW delete it from the refs.txt, i use it for windows

SaSsdt is the SSDT that contain Graphics section, so you can patch there your device and rename it

No need modifying iasl code by deleting errors, just find to fix errors and no need fixing warnings and remarks, keep it as is

​I use the real device id's for my board, if I emulate the same Mac machine model

ACPI.zip

Edited by ammoune78

Ammoune thank you so much for that write up. You did a great job explaining in more detail than most. Thank you.

Also special thanks to RacerMan for his blog. Very interesting..

Thanks

Ammoune thank you so much for that write up. You did a great job explaining in more detail than most. Thank you.

Also special thanks to RacerMan for his blog. Very interesting..

Thanks

First time I did it with 8 series Z87X-UD4H, it was simple because it have Bios switch button, now with this Z97M-DS3H it was complicated because of many raw and Freeform modules, I just patched DSDT, second step after many months SaSsdt, and before yesterday i just renamed H_EC to EC. The grouped aml files was 5 aml: DSDT, SaSsdt, IsctTabl, PtidDevc and There_Rvp, all these steps was done in a year, because of no switch button on this motherboard, I did it step by step, and each step take 4 months  :D

But now, finally, the job is done, with the help of FredWst Thanks, et Merci  :wink_anim: 

I forgot to said, there's an old repository I've made, you can try this bios for Z87X-UD5H but you still have to replace some Ozm stuffs, like Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults, BtrFs and others. It was in the oldest posts in this topic, I don't know the page number but it's still there!

• Like 1

First time I did it with 8 series Z87X-UD4H, it was simple because it have Bios switch button, now with this Z97M-DS3H it was complicated because of many raw and Freeform modules, I just patched DSDT, second step after many months SaSsdt, and before yesterday i just renamed H_EC to EC. The grouped aml files was 5 aml: DSDT, SaSsdt, IsctTabl, PtidDevc and There_Rvp, all these steps was done in a year, because of no switch button on this motherboard, I did it step by step, and each step take 4 months  :D

But now, finally, the job is done, with the help of FredWst Thanks, et Merci  :wink_anim: 

I forgot to said, there's an old repository I've made, you can try this bios for Z87X-UD5H but you still have to replace some Ozm stuffs, like Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults, BtrFs and others. It was in the oldest posts in this topic, I don't know the page number but it's still there!

I might have to try your bios out becuase I'm not sure if even if I correct the MATS table out of bounds error I think I will still have a failure to boot the system as my final installation of High Sierra stalls out after repetitive 'Invalid Firewire Guid 0000000000' errors which Im not sure how to fix. There is not option in my bios to disable firewire however I found the firewire VIA modules in my bios and I can drop them if I want because I don't use firewire. Fwiw my working Sierra installation that boots also displays that error message on verbose listing boot mode (which takes much more time to boot but it eventually loads though much much faster without verbose).Anyhow I'll look for that file you made. Does it have an updated modded DSDT file with corrected device names?

Thanks 

Ammoune,

All I could find from google searching your old posts is a download link from a german site:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/16780-QUO-OZM-894M-Z87XX-XXX-Bios/&prev=search

Does that look like your old bios?

Thanks

I might have to try your bios out becuase I'm not sure if even if I correct the MATS table out of bounds error I think I will still have a failure to boot the system as my final installation of High Sierra stalls out after repetitive 'Invalid Firewire Guid 0000000000' errors which Im not sure how to fix. There is not option in my bios to disable firewire however I found the firewire VIA modules in my bios and I can drop them if I want because I don't use firewire. Fwiw my working Sierra installation that boots also displays that error message on verbose listing boot mode (which takes much more time to boot but it eventually loads though much much faster without verbose).Anyhow I'll look for that file you made. Does it have an updated modded DSDT file with corrected device names?

Thanks 

Ammoune,

All I could find from google searching your old posts is a download link from a german site:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/16780-QUO-OZM-894M-Z87XX-XXX-Bios/&prev=search

Does that look like your old bios?

Thanks

Here's: In this topic, link refreshed

hey bros,i made a litte plug,so that i can boot with apfs,

BootLoader.efi.zip

apfs2.ffs.zip

post-1428044-0-19823600-1498545663_thumb.jpg

USAGE:

insert apfs.ffs to your rom,and flash it.

copy to the EFI partition,use easyuefi to add boot items,or rename it to bootx64.efi,copy to EFI\BOOT\,cover original.

PRESS F12 when power on,chose the boot item or ORIGINAL UEFI item

PS:this plug is Non originality by me

:)

• Like 1

I prefer manually, as there's external methods, objects and devices! Again, finding modules one by one, i'll be familiarized with my UEFI Bios file, i'll go directly to the module that i need.

Last thing the code may have forgotten, unknown or hidden bug, so better to use iasl file, .txt file and .aml files, working like Stone Age but AS Rock.  :D  :yes:  :wink_anim:

For who want to change the Boot Logo routine with Oz

Oz.raw.zip

It can be opened via Preview.app under Sierra or previous OS and not HSierra

• Like 1

I prefer manually, as there's external methods, objects and devices! Again, finding modules one by one, i'll be familiarized with my UEFI Bios file, i'll go directly to the module that i need.

Last thing the code may have forgotten, unknown or hidden bug, so better to use iasl file, .txt file and .aml files, working like Stone Age but AS Rock. :D:yes::wink_anim:

For who want to change the Boot Logo routine with Oz

Oz.raw.zip

It can be opened via Preview.app under Sierra or previous OS and not HSierra

I have not tested these driver with Ozmosis. All code based on Clover sources which can be found here.
All properties (in "\EFI\Oz\Defaults.plist") should be same as Clover "KextsToPatch", except its key (changed to: "Defaults:99665243-5AED-4D57-92AF-8C785FBC7558"). "MatchOS" & "MatchBuild" will not work at this time.

Update here

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 11