Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Found that now we have Cloud Clover Editor (CCE) (Thank you @kylon for this) and even on windows we can easly configure config.plist, but after i made couple addons still have problems with installing HS.

It reboots after this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bieELelqKQcnJ5YW1pYWRoT1U

This is the config i use to install OS: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bieELelqKQUVRlNlZqLVoxV1k

Ok here's an working Clover EFI folder Working CLOVER HSIERRA.zip , but you should download firstable this version that worked for me without any problem here it is, install it to usb install media, copy past and replace the two folders, you can put your own kext or leave this step as you would like, make your SMBios thing and do not touch the firmware features and firmware features mask, install macOS to your drive it will reboot 3 times to complete the installation, if any problem goes wile keep rebooting after Firmware problem popup, did like I did,  put both OS X Sierra and OS X High Sierra on applications folder and type this command in terminal, and don't ask me why, because it worked for me without thinking that I've wrote it until I see it yesterday in my iCloud textedit: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app --nointeraction , yes it is still working for me, I just installed HS 4 times.

Config.plist should work as is you only have to add SMBios data, kexts and all things are already there!

Someone called me? LOL

As some user posted a private message, I am very busy with real live and not finding as much free time I want for osx86, and lets be honest, Apple is doing virtually nothing to OS/Hardware side to attract people in this area...

Ozmosis is EOL, not dead!

As many saw all was necessary for Ozmosis to run 10.13(so far) was a simple patch for kext loading thing, and was done as usual by cecekpawon. This prove the code is future proof and that the OpenCore will be the best of all. Problem is, as always, the time and the lack of "new blood" in developers area, main developer simply cant do everything by its own in a short time frame as requested by many... We tried to add new blood, but nothing really happened in the good way, we had to face with several leaks, egos and such.

There is no point at this moment for a release, HighSiera is far from beta stage, stuff is changing/moving so hold your breath, once is settle something will pop up for sure :)

can i be the new blood?:)

Did you downloaded the files, if both yes or no you should have SMBios and valide one, or just add or replace drivers UEFIx64 content with mine!

Edited by ammoune78

good question, you maybe able todo it using a dummy MATS.aml that has the header but has no content .....

Friend of ours recently did some research regarding "MATS" table here. In my case, by changing (bad) "Asl Compiler ID" to "INTL"& recompiling, it doesnt produce evil "0x98" byte as mentioned.

[000h 0000   4]                    Signature : "MATS"    
[004h 0004   4]                 Table Length : 00000024
[008h 0008   1]                     Revision : 02
[009h 0009   1]                     Checksum : 45
[00Ah 0010   6]                       Oem ID : "ALASKA"
[010h 0016   8]                 Oem Table ID : "A M I"
[018h 0024   4]                 Oem Revision : 00000002
[01Ch 0028   4]              Asl Compiler ID : "INTL"
[020h 0032   4]        Asl Compiler Revision : 20140926
  • Like 2

You dont need to increase your font except update your smc revision.
Jun  9 09:06:05 iMac Unknown[532]: 2017-06-09 09:06:05.725 smcupdater[595:19864] SMC RVUF Current version: 1.30f3
Jun  9 09:06:05 iMac Unknown[532]: 2017-06-09 09:06:05.725 smcupdater[595:19864] SMC RVUF New     version: 2.15f7

If you saw something like above, I think yes, its necessary to update your SMC rev

Go here

如果你看到像上面那样的东西,我想是的,它是必要的更新你的SMC转

这里

I think the reason is that fakesmc can not be injected, I have 2 pcs, one can be re-zoned, another can not, i put fakesmc.kext into USB s / l / i and rebuild prelinkkernel to passby, my friend can not pass ozmosis Install mac os 10.13, can only be installed through clover, and started through ozmosis

PS: i found three friends tested ozmosis, they could not install mac os 10.13 by ozmosis, like i did,

I know that if i want to install mac os 10.13, I have two ways to do this:
(I fixes fakesmc and smbios and inserts apfs into rom and blinks)

Installed by clover, guided by ozmosis

2. Repair OSinstall or replace prelinkkernel

I do not know why, but instead fix these with ozmosis?

:(

@ cecekpawon  老板帮我

Edited by Allan
In English please

Here my 2nd patch for 10.13:

Replace the old Ozmosis ffs with __LINK__  (how to).

You might also try to:

- Changing FirmwareFeatures & FirmwareFeaturesMask (integer) in Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102.

- Embed APFS driver into yor ROM.

- Manually bless boot.efi.

Please note that I have not install this OS yet, so please do at your own risk.

Good luck!

Kexts not injected (fakeSMC)

it injected,not injected FULL:(

:D would you describe more?

** I will delete my post to avoid confusion, if it does fail to inject any kexts, because thats the main purpose of this patch

*** @crusher is online

Edited by cecekpawon

Friend of ours recently did some research regarding "MATS" table here. In my case, by changing (bad) "Asl Compiler ID" to "INTL"& recompiling, it doesnt produce evil "0x98" byte as mentioned.

[000h 0000   4]                    Signature : "MATS"    
[004h 0004   4]                 Table Length : 00000024
[008h 0008   1]                     Revision : 02
[009h 0009   1]                     Checksum : 45
[00Ah 0010   6]                       Oem ID : "ALASKA"
[010h 0016   8]                 Oem Table ID : "A M I"
[018h 0024   4]                 Oem Revision : 00000002
[01Ch 0028   4]              Asl Compiler ID : "INTL"
[020h 0032   4]        Asl Compiler Revision : 20140926

And practically how im gonna do that to my bios? Im looking to boot HS with ozmosis for testing purposes.

Thank you!

:D would you describe more?

** I will delete my post to avoid confusion, if it does fail to inject any kexts, because thats the main purpose of this patch

*** @crusher is online

hey boss,i guess that, by my test,I'm not sure,with 5   7 pc(my and my friends')

PS:SmcEmulator and fakesmc,i test them all

1.if fakesmc in rom or efi,it can install,but passby faild

2.if rom or efi haven't fakesmc,It prohibits installation

3.if i put fakesmc into USB installtion's System/Library/Extensions,and rebuild prelinked kernel,ozmosis work well

@cecekpawon BUT,BUT,BUT

4.if i install by clover,ozmosis can boot well

5.if i install macos 10.12 with this ozmosis,install faild too

so i guess fakesmc can be injected,but not full with installstion 

I'm not sure about above,if i'm wrong,i will delete this

by the way @crusher :) :)

PS: prelinkedkernel is here___link___

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :(

Edited by craike

Do we need to modify smc version manually according to the smbios chosen for HS to install/boot?

What should be appropriate values for iMac14,2 and iMac15,1?

From FakeSMC Info.plist, delete Clover section, go to smc-compatible and change its value to smc-huronriver, now got to keys/REV change it's value with 02220F00 0016 repeat the same process for the RVBF and RVUF, put it on your BIOS or in Common folder of Oz. Now go to your OzmosisDefaults and SMBios section and change IM151.0207.xxx with IM151.0207.B26, update the iMac serials to the last one!

Dump your MATS.aml, modify "Asl Compiler ID". Compile & put in "Oz\Acpi\Load" folder to test if it work.

Unfortunately i don't really know how to do that properly. Could you point me out?

Oz set to 0x45 acpi mode and in acpi dump folder of oz i have:

1a58fd8bea.png

Seem you dont have any MATS.aml there..

hey boss,can you see me?

:no: test different FF/FFM with different CLASS,all failed :wallbash:

Unfortunately i don't really know how to do that properly. Could you point me out?

Oz set to 0x45 acpi mode and in acpi dump folder of oz i have:

1a58fd8bea.png

USE CLOVER,clover can dump MATS.AML

• Like 1

Someone called me? LOL

As some user posted a private message, I am very busy with real live and not finding as much free time I want for osx86, and lets be honest, Apple is doing virtually nothing to OS/Hardware side to attract people in this area...

Ozmosis is EOL, not dead!

As many saw all was necessary for Ozmosis to run 10.13(so far) was a simple patch for kext loading thing, and was done as usual by cecekpawon. This prove the code is future proof and that the OpenCore will be the best of all. Problem is, as always, the time and the lack of "new blood" in developers area, main developer simply cant do everything by its own in a short time frame as requested by many... We tried to add new blood, but nothing really happened in the good way, we had to face with several leaks, egos and such.

There is no point at this moment for a release, HighSiera is far from beta stage, stuff is changing/moving so hold your breath, once is settle something will pop up for sure :)

w00t that's news to me, I'm waiting for the final release of HSierra too, Thanks for putting efforts to make this happens.

@craike please kill me

@Kynyo

** @modbin is online, stay tune

Big news @ cecekpawon It's working! Thanks! I booted with oz using your MATS.aml over sierra HD formatted in HFS. In APFS i can't because oz does not see the partition. Even if i injected apfs.ffs in BIOS. (4kb) What could i do?