Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

i updated to sierra successfully but if i can i will use nvda_drv but it refuses to go to desktop now it will stay on verbose

If you emulate a Mac ID with AMD gpu, your is Nvidia, you will need to patch AppleGraphicsPolicy.

Fred

How can I help you, if you do only what you want! You need angels help, and even if, they must put you a complete anesthesia to come helping you, stay on earth my friend. 

More than that, no hardware signature! You have to know that trying something is just to try, and to know if the changes made are going to do the difference!

Your screenshots shows that there is no SSDT = Unknown CPU + ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, and a KernelPanic!

Use my complete bios with it's OzmosisDefaults, download SSDT generator SSDTPRGEN from Pike R Alpha git make your own, download the same Haswell dmg from Rampage Dev website go to folder Step 3 Find your Mobo from it's chipset folder got to Nvidia or AMD folder take the SSDTput it in Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load:SSDT.aml from Rampage + rename the CPU SSDT to SSDT-1.aml put it there!

Do what you want with your USB Stick or OS X!

Sorry I got something mixed with the topics of the Morc. He has Z97-HD3 and kernel panic.

I have Z97-D3H and "busy timeout (0), (60s), kextd wait: (0) 'GFX0'" on existing OSX versions (Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra)

and on booting with installation usb stick i get also kernel panic.

But i also will use your OzmosisDefaults and download SSDT generator SSDTPRGEN and create SSDT.

I put AMD SSDT in Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load and rename the SSDT to SSDT-1.aml.

right?

Sorry I got something mixed with the topics of the Morc.

So i will use your OzmosisDefaults and download SSDT generator SSDTPRGEN and create SSDT.

I put AMD SSDT in Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load and rename the SSDT to SSDT-1.aml.

right?

Yes AMD SSDT in Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load\SSDT.aml and renamed SSDT-1 should be the Generated SSDT of course!

Then you will have 2 SSDT's in: Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load\

SSDT.aml= from AMD folder

SSDT-1.aml= from generated SSDT with Pike R Alpha Tool

In order to have audio working you should download AppleALC from vit9696 git repository, and put it in: L\E or S\L\E otherwise you will have Blackscreen with nothing else if in: Efi\Oz\Darwin\Extensions\Common\, until you build one for your ALC1150 with only ALC1150 Codec and layout id that much with layout id from AMD SSDT.

i updated to sierra successfully but if i can i will use nvda_drv but it refuses to go to desktop now it will stay on verbose

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, you successfully UPDATED Sierra on your HD, and now it stops at verbose! Can you post verbose, to see what wrong?

But i think i will need to reinstall it its not working anymore

If you boot from USB stick to install Sierra and you reach the Install screen, then it means that you can in the same way reach desktop after installing it!

Second: is that the best thing I do to avoid problems, is by separating Windows HDs and OS X HDs from the bios! Exemple: When I want to start OS X I disable all Windows drives, and vice versa, so in this way OS X boot as primary HD and Windows to, so no one will kick the *ss of the EFI partition of the other. 

Make your IGPU as first, take care of AppleALC because it will not let you boot fine if too much codecs on it, use mine as we have the ALC887 and with layout id 1!
You don't need any boot args, only for "verbose= -v" or "Nvidia you have to use npci=0x3000 (excuse me I forget it)"

I think now you can reach desktop, I hope so ^_^ . 

I reinstalled again el cap from start but nvidia with -v -ncpi flag and nvda drv is still not letting me in and sound doesnt work still

Untitled.jpg

Untitled_2.jpg

Untitled_3.jpg

so i get to it using screen sharing on dads macbook

and... i will try to attach main monitor to intel gpu with hdmi not vga. no it is not working

I reinstalled again el cap from start but nvidia with -v -ncpi flag and nvda drv is still not letting me in and sound doesnt work still

so i get to it using screen sharing on dads macbook

and... i will try to attach main monitor to intel gpu with hdmi not vga. no it is not working

Old Nvidia uses npci=0x2000 newest uses npci=0x3000

In boot-args: write only this: -v npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=0

once you installed nvidiawebdriver change nvda_drv=0 to nvda_drv=1

As I said AppleALC should be in bios dsdt should be in Efi\Oz\Acpi\Load

And I just want to see the verbose, because your configuration should be working! Otherwise I will suspect some Bios setting should be changed!

The essentials one are: VT-d disabled, SATA to AHCI, XHCi as Auto Eeproms as UEFI only, I disable CSM, I enable LPCB ITE8620E options.

Intel GFX0 as first

AMD as Second

But I still need Verbose screenshot!

vt-d disabled? it was enabled all the time on my mobo. so i will check the bios and take picture of verbose

So here it is

post-1546480-0-48930600-1481399241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Morc

vt-d disabled? it was enabled all the time on my mobo. so i will check the bios and take picture of verbose

So here it is

If you use El Capitan OS X you just have to rename USB's from EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02!

Here's updated one: DSDT-Z97-HD3-F9-v2.aml.zip

I see in boot-args nvda_drv=1 use it only for Installed NvidiaWebDriver, otherwise it will not let you reach Desktop!

Edited by ammoune78

Make sure you've got SIP disabled if your getting black screens. Took weeks to figure out it was causing my black screen issue.

I edited he's OzmosisDefaults with csr-active-config 127, but the Verbose picture isn't clear enough, so I see maybe npci -0x3000 instead of npci=0x3000, and the one I did doesn't have npci -0x3000! can you confirm it please?

Edited by ammoune78

It is ncpi=0x3000 but i will try new dsdt tommorow

Instead of installing El Capitan, Sierra is better I think, but it's your choice, because you boot Without changing EHC1 and 2 to EH01 and 2! You can ether try the npci=0x2000! 

I prefer to don't change Device's name for ACPI until i will be like: THE KiNG  ^_^

and what will happen when i try iMac14,2 SMBIOS?

i will edit this post when i try the dsdt

i think that the problem is caused by intel gfx

but i still can try npci 2000

and what will happen when i try iMac14,2 SMBIOS?

i will edit this post when i try the dsdt

i think that the problem is caused by intel gfx

but i still can try npci 2000

Here's a 14,2 OzmosisDefaults: OzmosisDefaultsiMac14,2.raw.zip, if you didn't installed Yet the NvidiaWebDriver keep it as is, otherwise change nvda_drv=0 to nvda_drv=1, my step by step guide will be today or tomorrow ready.

2 ways are here to have it work

First one on the bios:

1 - Download UEFITool from the first post

2 - Open your bios file with UEFITool

3 - Click the triangle in the left side until you see 3 modules

4 - Click by the same way on the Second module

5 - Continue clicking until you see Too much modules

6 - Go down until you see OzmosisDefaults

7 - Now click two times on its triangle and you will see Raw

8 - Right click on this raw choose from the menu Replace as is

9 - Choose your OzmosisDefaults.raw and Save your BiosImage. reset nvram and flash your Mobo

Second one easiest way but don't format your Efi partition to have it work continuously

You only have to rename the OzmosisDefaults....raw to Defaults.plist and that's all 

Best thing is to try the defaults.plist on efi partition with different setting until done, if all appear to be ok, then rename it as OzmosisDefaults.raw, put it in bios and go flash it!

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Use search/cmd+f to reduce your how-to

Hi cecekpawon!

I choose the easy way for who don't know how even if it's in the first post by xpamamadeus, and this is why i will make a video guide for it! 

And i take the chance to have your permission to add in this guide your patched Ozmosis version! Can I do it?

So i did pandoras box with imac 14.2 smbios and i plugged mine main monitor to igpu and it actually works. Clover was still adding nvda_drv=1 but it works with it

Now i am in utilities

UPDATE!!!!!

so i upgraded and downloaded newest nvidia web drivers they are not now loaded but i got QE/CI in intel!

nvidia still nothing only in clover

intel only in clover

and now i don't know.....

Edited by Morc

@ammoune78 i hope you plan on adding how to remove unnessary alc from applealc kext in your guide. many users would rather use it vs voodoohda.btw I tested your applealc it works in my oz rom. I added to ozdefaults.plist Audio Number 1 just in case was needed.

I'm working on it, the Topic will be available for a few days, and I will post a guide for adding Ozmosis staffs for who just want to view and don't want to read or something else..., updating IGPU-Vbios, other modules and a couple of things! It will not replace the current guide, no, for sure, i already explained it for the moderator, it will be just an reference guide with updates!

I hesitate about contacting xpamamadeus for updating this guide, why: The only natural problem for me is: would it be readed? there's to much questions that was already explained in the first post by xpamamadeus!

I think that, the better thing is to do it by our self, and we should not be afraid to flash our bios, but we just have to PAY ATTENTION!

I would like to encourage each one, in my experience, Ozmosis has an good thing "inside the bios", now go Format your drive! Install your OS X like its a Mac, Because it only expects this, since the STARTUP of your "Mac  ^_^  :wub:"

I thank yet another time and every opportunity that comes along all those who have developed, and helped this bootloader to live and re-live again.