Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

That icon is the badge for Core Storage volume has nothing to do with EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi that is used in a very bad way for clover installation not windows as you say.

I have Core Storage volume and the badge/icon show up very well:

attachicon.gifPicture20151224073130.png

I will ask again, what is the error and what you used to verify the icon(s) for that metadata error.

Beautiful theme and icons. :D

I need help again

But I flashed Board not started only power led blinking

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2207864

Board is asus z77-a

file is orjiinal patched OSMOSIS

and dumped with miniprogrammer 25q64

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-176?do=findComment&comment=2204026

@crusher. create for me

I combined BIOS image but

BLACK SCREEN and POWER LED is only blinking

ok ... here is the screen:

The Image has a resolution of 1280x1024:

post-530903-0-78148700-1453140109_thumb.png

but my Monitor has a Resolution of 2560x1440 ...

post-530903-0-71832700-1453140146_thumb.png

Strange:

When I click with the navigation buttons to the right for 2 clicks no icon selected, then coming from the left back to the Screen the marker again to the icons, but marked 2 icons simultaneously. :(

Can I adjust the resolution, the Ozmosis uses somewhere?

after adding the command for Manjaro Linux to load its grubx64.efi everything worked, but after doing the nvram reset it's gone and i had to re-enter the command. Is there a way/method to make it permanent from Defaults.plist or where it takes. It's really painful to have to enter the command each time i reset the nvram.

bcfg boot add 1 fs0:\EFI\manjaro_grub\grubx64.efi "Manjaro" 

after adding the command for Manjaro Linux to load its grubx64.efi everything worked, but after doing the nvram reset it's gone and i had to re-enter the command. Is there a way/method to make it permanent from Defaults.plist or where it takes. It's really painful to have to enter the command each time i reset the nvram.

bcfg boot add 1 fs0:\EFI\manjaro_grub\grubx64.efi "Manjaro" 

You should't need any of this with Ozmosis 1669 and up, if is setup proper, the Linux entry should be added automate, just make sure you have all the required files/filesystems.

post-53345-0-37080100-1453146923_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You should't need any of this with Ozmosis 1669 and up, if is setup proper, the Linux entry should be added automate, just make sure you have all the required files/filesystems.

attachicon.gifPicture20160118195050.jpg

all things are sorted properly in its right place, you mean the efi files?

it is not detected in boot list (F12 or Theme)

i'm on the Xmass version not 1669M (i'll update my signature NOW)

here:

KENqNcn.jpg

Been researching how to backup the boot entries. There is an efi utility called nvrboot.efi from Microsoft that supposedly backups all the entries. I like to create custom entries for example an entry for Memtest and clearing NVRam would wipe that out. I'm going to try it out later after work.

@CrazyCreator

For resolution have you tried adding the HermitCsmVideo module in to your bios?

I also have the issue with the UI when it takes a couple of key presses to advance to the next boot option. I have a feeling it has something to do with the boot options that are shown in my F8 boot menu but not shown in the UI. I understand the UI is in beta so I'm sure this will be sorted in time.

Really?

And what should tell me that picture?

Where is the bdmesg and/or rom?

look down 

:)

and here is a new one and Darwin Dumper aswell.

kindly find the attachments.

bdmesg.text.zip

DarwinDumper_2.9.9.2_Ozmosis_1.03.167X-MASS_Cap_tusskan.7z

Thank you all for help,

after 2 days of different test I have some progress.

from davidm71's comment I unhooked all drives except osx main drive and experimented with different smbioses (from Mac Pro 3,1-6,1 & iMac 13,2+iMac14,2). Once my bios got corrupt and finally managed to flash crushers newest rom with the latest VoodooTSSync.kext and by adding npci=0x2000 bootflag to crusers earlier defaults.plist I was finally able to get pass that freesing point. From verbose I noticed that speedstepping still didn't get properly loaded. Booting time was slower than with Clover and although About this Mac shows 32gb ram it only has one ram module recognized. One other this is weird that default.plist (efi/oz) has SMBios info for MacPro6,1 but from system info I see iMac13,2.

edit: Presence of RampageDev-s SSDT-s in efi/oz/acpi/load/ doesn't change anything.

edit2: I didn't add DSDT.aml as with Clover I don't need one, but should I compile one to use with Ozmosis?

I added 2 dumps from Efi Shell, but from first glance I didn't see much info which could help

thank you

Hi everyone,

I've done some further testing.

with different SMBios settings (Mac Pro 6.1 from Crusher's defaults.plist injected into ozmosis rom file) I still get only one Ram slot loaded (4gb) and Nvidia web drivers don't fully load although in Driver Management Preferences the web drivers are active. Computer is really slow too.

One difference in applying nvda_drv=1 is that with that flag I can connect to my computer using Teamviewer as my monitors are black. Without the flag I'm able to view normally from one of the attached monitors.

Geekbench and Kext Utility show Cpu and everything else to be in full working condition. Kext Utility also shows that all bootflags are supposed to be active.

sort of driving me crazy here.

does anyone have a slightest clue to fix this situation?

thanks

@CrazyCreator

For resolution have you tried adding the HermitCsmVideo module in to your bios?

I also have the issue with the UI when it takes a couple of key presses to advance to the next boot option. I have a feeling it has something to do with the boot options that are shown in my F8 boot menu but not shown in the UI. I understand the UI is in beta so I'm sure this will be sorted in time.

when i add the HermitCsmVideo i must in bios select CSM=Enabled?

Some times ago i enabled CSM in my Bios with the Result: Black Screen on all Ports :( 

Can this happen again?

all things are sorted properly in its right place...

look down 

:)

and here is a new one and Darwin Dumper aswell.

kindly find the attachments.

This is the last time I will say it:

If you guys cannot fallow an example as is on released AOS ROM or THIS ONE I MADE especial to prove what you all are doing wrong then is pointless...

You all should go back to the "fast food store" who made the BIOS for you and ask for help, don't spam this topic with useless questions!

How the fulk should work UEFI boot for Linux when NO EXTFS driver exist at least?

I really dunno why the fulk people refuse to use onboard brain and do the job and instead take crapless job made by some bored geeks.

This is the last time I will say it:

If you guys cannot fallow an example as is on released AOS ROM or THIS ONE I MADE especial to prove what you all are doing wrong then is pointless...

You all should go back to the "fast food store" who made the BIOS for you and ask for help, don't spam this topic with useless questions!

How the fulk should work UEFI boot for Linux when NO EXTFS driver exist at least?

I really dunno why the fulk people refuse to use onboard brain and do the job and instead take crapless job made by some bored geeks.

i can't find room for this extension/driver in my bios 

can you make me one, i'm still noob at this and i'm trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks for pointing out the solution and about the offenses non taken.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#bios