HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

I'll just clarify that this section isn't for "omg how to get mountain lion / lion / snow leopard running on AMD".

The section is named "AMD Development". This basicly means that this section is dedicated to developing, not asking help.

I know I've done this even by myself, but now it's kinda out of control, everyone asking about installing ML on AMD etc.

The 3 threads (SL / L /ML) should be dedicated to development of kernels and other related stuff and reports of the developments, not asking "how to get it running i get error".

If you need help with AMD on SL for example, you should post on the installation help or if you followed a tutorial, ask the tutorial thread.

However, I do not suggest asking with PM, because then other people can't get the same information as easily, and it's not funny to see inbox full every minute. :)

Also, if you need help with the test kernels for SL / L / ML, you can post on this thread, I'm sure there are people ready to help you with your errors.

Let's just keep the "development" threads clean of the "spam" / stupid questions (even if there isn't any).

For real-time help, download an IRC client and join us:

chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel

And when you get your build running, please post here!

Thanks! :)

Should we be strictly mandatory ahci enabled?

Yes!

with the variation of mac_carol with Andys amd_kernel with vanilla corocrypt ,

I'm stuck here:

macx_swapon Succes

the partitions, such as ... jnl: disk0s2 etc. listed all partitions

then comes the annoying USBF: AppleUSBEHCI ..... it gets on my nerves, even though I made a dsdt and've fixed ehci

please help!

I try to make a new dsdt file

Edited by spakk

Ok, Now Im in RAID Mode, But I Still Getting "Still Waiting For Root Device"...Any Sugges?

vmNAz.jpg

Was able to install successfully with nForce RAID off and boot with -x using AnV's latest amd_kernel and following kext... http://www.osx86.net/view/2602-applenforceata_snow_leo-lion_32-64bit.html

Still can't boot without -x, using nVidia 8400 graphics.

PhenomIIX4-945 / Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 - BIOS F15e

Was able to install successfully with nForce RAID off and boot with -x using AnV's latest amd_kernel and following kext... http://www.osx86.net...n_32-64bit.html

Still can't boot without -x, using nVidia 8400 graphics.

PhenomIIX4-945 / Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 - BIOS F15e

look here and try Still_waiting_for_root_device.zip

I stuck here

kernel extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.AppleFSCCompression

You have set AHCI In Your Bios?

Thanks for asking!

Unfortunately, AHCI has been enabled since I got this PC, so that is definitely not the problem. I just downloaded the AppleNforceATA kext found at post #1477, will test and report back!

Update: I was able to get into the installer with mach_sse42_only and the AppleNforceATA, but it still crashed. What am I doing wrong here? :help:

still stuck at this line macx_swapon success....

Are you sure it's stuck? Wait for like 20 minutes and then take another look, my macx_swapon took 5 minutes with some of the kernels.

emm yes i must admit i havent waited 20 minutes but is it normal to wait that long? :| i will try that though..

On my computer 2 mins max but it is an Intel Core 2 Quad

On my computer 2 mins max but it is an Intel Core 2 Quad

well mine is amd phenom 9600, 4 cores, not that awful ;D other genius kernel test2 was booting for me normally, about 1-2 minutes, so its something to do with this kernel, but i have no idea what is wrong..

I will test without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, then watch what happens.

Did you try the IOPCIFamily.kext i added to the post? That one should work!

with 2965-IOPCIFamily.zip it hangs on ACPI: System Status....... Iwill do everything to undo and try to divers boot flags.

-v -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -nosse42bit

The above boot flags take me successfully to desktop in safe mode. Nvidia drivers are installed, GTX 480 is recognized but dont think graphic acceleration is achieved. Flash from youtube doesnt work and it is accompanied by flickering or repetitive loading of imagery with an increase in CPU and RAM usage across all 4 cores (AMD 960T with 8GB RAM).

Hope these boot flags help out.

Hi all.

I have a FX-8120 on a ASUS M5A97 EVO motherboard with 16GB of ram & a nVidia GTX 465. So far I have only been only able to use Sinetek's original ML kernel. Everything from Sinetek since & AnV's reboots instantly reboots after processing kexts. Currently have AnV's corecrypto.kext installed and the 10.8.0 AppleACPIPlatform.kext IOACPIFamily.kext IOPCIFamily.kext System.kext kexts. I have tried "-f -v npci=x3000" with and with -x. I don't have the nVidia driver in /S/L/E.

Any Ideas? Thanks

Output of lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (external gfx0 port  (rev 02)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port 
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port D)
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port E)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port F)
00:07.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port G)
00:09.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port H)
00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)
00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 42)
00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller (rev 40)
00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge (rev 40)
00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
00:15.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB700/SB800/SB900 PCI to PCI bridge (PCIE port 0)
00:16.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:16.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 3
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 5
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 06c4 (rev a3)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF100 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)
03:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller
04:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB362 SATA Controller (rev 10)
05:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller
06:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor (rev 01)
07:05.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7131/SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev f0)
07:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev c0)
08:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7164 (rev 81)

• Like 1

Hello!

I'm a little scared because of the first post, but i'm send here by another member so it should be fine.

First of all, im really happy finding this forum!

When i started looking at installing osx on my amd build, i found a tutorial on a french forum by Gils .

As I'm Dutch, i'm not really good in speaking French, but i can speak a little English (:

So lets start,

I have made the following build one year ago:

Processor : AMD FX-8120

Chipset : 970 Series

Memory: 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4GB)

Graphics card : HD6770

Mother Board : Asrock 970 extreme 4

And that's it basicly.

So once I'd heard about the sinetek kernel and mountain lion , i directly wanted to "help" the developpers by testing kernels for them and stuff.

I'm just having some problems while trying to install ML, actually the whole sinetek kernel doesn't work for me!

I'll reboot my pc know so I can check my bios settings, and then post them here.

Lets hope some of you can help me to install ML ;)

Once again ; I would really like to test things! As I'm 15 years old i have loads of time :P

Sirencely,

Bitcore!

Hello, and welcome on board! :)

What does exactly happen when you try Sinetek's kernel? By the way there are a lot of his kernels around here: which one exactly did you use?

Best regards!

Hi,

I've used a kernel described as: Sinetek Darwin 11.4.2

When booting with it, the following happens : First it reads all of the files, and then the screen will turn black and my system reboots.

Do you have any suggestions for other kernels or another version?

Bitcore

Try this kernel here, SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4

Didn't work, however i'm seeing a cyan colored screen for like 0,0001 second before the reboot.

I think I'm not using the necessary flags. I'm just booting like: amd_kernel -v . Aren't there other flags recquired?

Bitcore

Or could it be the fact i'm not using corecrypto?

Anyone got AppleNforceAta? I get "still waiting for root device" In RAID Mode, & on IDE Native Mode The Same = Still Waiting For Root Device.

the problem: still waiting for root device, can have different causes.

try using this method as described by nanjuah Message #17 . or just download under my uploads Still_waiting_for_root_device.zip.

Possibly it may be the cause that you does not have set the boot sequence fields in the BIOS .

First position CD-ROM/DVD, Second position HDD HFS+,Third Position NTFS HDD, or disable the firewire

Edited by spakk

You also need to use arch=x86_64.

These are my bootflags.

npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64 -v

Tried it, but no succes.. still exactly the same problem.

Reading the files and then a reboot.

EDIT: Tried with CoreCrypto and succesfully launched the setup!

Only problem is that it says : "Cannot instal to this drive , can't update this version of osx" It's a harddisk with 10.6.3

After formatting that disk it is saying the same ;s I've used this tool to create my usb ML installation : http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3506 (only replaced the kernel with SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc4 and added the corecrypto kext )

Have to find another way