Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Is it not possible to modify the files needed? If a person gets ML installed but experiences graphics problems, they could install a package for the files.

It is possible ofcourse but I'll have to look into it when I have a lot of time

But how could one get around this? There is always a litte delay when he needs to calculate, or do you think that, if you decrease the delay time, it might work?

Or is it possible to find the ssse calls in the kext's and (don't know if this is possible, i'm ot a developer ;)) reroute them to sse?

Oh, I tried that already. I patched all the critical system binaries by hand to reroute the SSSE3 and removed the opemu. The system crashes in precisely the same manner.

Well, what I'm left with is the idea to try Mountain Lion DP1 and it's 32-bit kexts. I was going to try it, but the image I downloaded is corrupted :/

Oh, I tried that already. I patched all the critical system binaries by hand to reroute the SSSE3 and removed the opemu. The system crashes in precisely the same manner.

Well, what I'm left with is the idea to try Mountain Lion DP1 and it's 32-bit kexts. I was going to try it, but the image I downloaded is corrupted :/

I've got a working DP1 dmg. I can upload kexts if needed.

No luck with my GT 430. Stops soon after loading NVDAGF100Hal and the NTFS drivers.

Using GraphicsEnabler=No it boots but no native resolution or QE/CI. Also it only detects a 3MB GPU instead of the 1GB GT 430

Ok, here is my result:

copied over all the ati files to /s/l/e, fixed permission and restart.

1. boot:

normal boot, boots straight to desktop, no qe/ci.

2. boot:

tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiCofig="Hoolock"

got a black screen. can login, but no picture.

3. boot:

GE=Yes

black screen, login works. then i pluged in my vga monitor and disconnected the dvi one. got my screen with wrong resolution and no qe/ci.

also i noticed that my good old device in slot 1 message is back :D

at least there's no kp. let's see if i can do more :D

Just compile GM xnu for i386

Easier said than done.

I am an official Apple dev and even I don´t have access to the GM xnu sources... go figure... :(

Hi, Andy and all!

Well, for the moment, i think we all either buy ATI cards (the ones that are reportedly working, because there are some that don't) or stay with Snow Leopard until a fix for nVidia is available (my case - i'll keep my Mountain Lion partition, since it's a reminder of the awesome work done here, but it's unusable for my purposes, since my AMD machine is also my HTPC).

Best regards!

Hey all, some info:

This thread's kinda getting out of hand. ;) So I'm going to split off general OS discussion from kernel discussion, by OS. If I accidentally put a post about one operating system in another OS's thread, just shoot me a PM.

Glad to see progress made. :) Finally salvaged a new old machine (hehe), so I'll test how everything works on a Pentium D.

• Like 2

Ok, so it seems 10.8.2 seems to not work with any kernel on FX CPUs... Instant reboot after loading kernels.... I remember back about 1 month i had to manually set the cpu ratio flag by: "busratio=15" But it does nothing now, not on AnV nor on Sinetek... Could some of you skilled devs look into it? Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok, so it seems 10.8.2 seems to not work with any kernel on FX CPUs... Instant reboot after loading kernels.... I remember back about 1 month i had to manually set the cpu ratio flag by: "busratio=15" But it does nothing now, not on AnV nor on Sinetek... Could some of you skilled devs look into it? Thanks.

fsb=<busspeed in mhz> busratio=<muliplier>

Should work