HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Try:

1. Resetting the bios settings to optimum defaults

2. Disable Cool n Quiet, C1E, Turbo

3. Enable S3 ACPI, AHCI

I need one more thing, in the app I have just attached, search for display and click the option highlighted in the screenshot...I need to see the address of your graphics card... Instead of PEGP@2, it will probably start with POP or PCE. Send me a screenshot of that please

this is thanks to sineteks / Anv kernel no longer necessary to change these BIOS settings!! the bios settings that I use for windows are identical compatible with Mac OSX :wink2:

@clemj06

I followed the myHack method (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/)

1. Partitioned my USB using disk utility

2. Ran myHack and pointed it to the InstallESD.dmg

3. Once it finished I ran the latest chameleon bootloader (http://chameleon.osx...d-links-updated)

Please let me know if you see any issues here (I ran the latest chameleon bootloader on top of myHack and that resolved the boot0 error)

Hello , you dont have to install Chamelon manually , myHack do it for you.

The partition of the USB drive must be MBR, check that in disk utility before installing myHack.

I had that boot0 error and that was because the partition of the USB drive was on GUID.

@ptp

Its GUID

@IiTz ShAnE, @clemj06

My tear glands have gone on auto as it is nearing 3 AM in India... Have to hit the sack if I want to see the light tomorrow :)

Please let me know any ideas that you may have that can help me forward. Also I got a couple of questions:

1. Assuming that I can actually install on the partition that I have created what are the post installation steps that I need to worry about?

2. Will you guys be able to assist tomorrow to help me see this to the end - I think I am within touching distance - so near yet so far :(

@IiTz ShAnE

I am currently running myFix on the USB installer, will try again tomorrow with your flags to see if that helps.

@ptp

Given that I managed to get to the install screen once (if you see my posts in the previous couple of pages), I guess my USB is in good shape right? Would this MBR partitioned USB help things along - it is just that given that I have to do all this on my VB it takes a very long time. So if you think this will actually help me along, let me know

Thanks

cannon_dt, Do you have the partition you wish to install OS X to mounted in your VB? You could install iATKOS ML2 straight from there by running OSInstall.mpkg and choosing your HDD Partition as the destination the copying the amd_kernel across.

@ptp

Given that I managed to get to the install screen once (if you see my posts in the previous couple of pages), I guess my USB is in good shape right? Would this MBR partitioned USB help things along - it is just that given that I have to do all this on my VB it takes a very long time. So if you think this will actually help me along, let me know

Thanks

The boot0error its because the partition is on GUID, it happened to me. Do as you wish , but you shouldn't install chameleon manually in top of myHack, maybe thats why you are having kernel panics.

Hi, eep!

Any strange Console logs when you try to initiate the connection?

All the best!

None. The console shows authentication completed and connection is open. I think issue is with mounting of AFP share, there are quite filesystem and AFP non-fat (64bit only) binaries inside usr/sbin, usr/bin, S/L/Filesystems and S/L/PrivateFrameworks that are only fat-binary in Lion and even DP1 has 64bit only. Then also a bunch that got changed to 64bit only when doing 10.8.3 software update, and a bunch that are symbolic links pointing to the binary in another location too. Would prefer to use as little DP1 stuff as possible, and even less Lion stuff (last option) and of course not swap files that don't need to be and/or screw up the symbolic links (because I've already done this while trying stuff :) ).If anyone knows exactly what binaries, libraries and/or frameworks OSX uses when mounting and browsing a AFP share?

cannon_dt, Do you have the partition you wish to install OS X to mounted in your VB? You could install iATKOS ML2 straight from there by running OSInstall.mpkg and choosing your HDD Partition as the destination the copying the amd_kernel across.

My VB is in a linux box. I understood from VB forums that if mac os is a guest then guest additions are not available. So I do not know how to mount my partition into VB. If I can figure out how to do that I can try what you are asking me to do, do you know how one can do that?

The boot0error its because the partition is on GUID, it happened to me. Do as you wish , but you shouldn't install chameleon manually in top of myHack, maybe thats why you are having kernel panics.

I have no problem doing it all again but I am not getting kernel panics. Once when I managed to get into the installer my mouse did not work and hence I could not install. Do you think redoing the USB with MBR and myHack would help resolve this, if so I will do it

LATEST UPDATE:

my bootable USB is now not even getting beyond the initial kernel panic stating that "no support for Lion on AMD" - bad to worse to worst :(

Are you still using the myHack way?

Yeah, I tried to get my bootable USB back to the state where I was at least able to see the installer but that seems like a distant dream now...

My latest images are attached

EDIT : I did do the ML2 USB and it just sat there giving me a blinking cursor :(

post-1149290-0-24527500-1365878505_thumb.jpg

post-1149290-0-49422100-1365878533_thumb.jpg

These are the 4 combinations I tried:

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

All 4 cases result in kernel panic stating no support for Lion on AMD. (the same Photo0055.jpg I had posted above)

I think my amd_kernel flag is not working, I did check - the file is present in the usb root :(

These are the 4 combinations I tried:

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

amd_kernel npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -Legacy -v -f

All 4 cases result in kernel panic stating no support for Lion on AMD. (the same Photo0055.jpg I had posted above)

I think my amd_kernel flag is not working, I did check - the file is present in the usb root :(

Try: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 -v

Tell me what it shows

You know what, to be honest with you, I do not know about the myHack method, follow the iAtkos ML2 method I put on page 38...iAtkos includes some kexts you need such as FakesSMC in the /S/L/E folder and a couple of others...

It will also be easier for me to help you with the iAtkos because I have tested it.