Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I wasn't talking about different machine, but different "EFI" folder on different drive/partition for the same machine.

@Matgen84 and I agree about using theme.plist. Everyone is welcome to submit a pull request.

Thanks @Jief_Machak I vote for.

3 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Okay. I am still confused. Do I put it in root of EFI partition or in EFI folder? Do I use # in the front of the name or not? And it if fixed where? In the next distribution of Clover?

It fixed here

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

If you are using bootx64.efi then replace it with this file renamed to BOOTX64.EFI

• Like 1

hi all

i have succes instal catalina on asus g750jx work 100% thank's to pcfr33k guid.

soory if i out of date but i'm stuk with a probleme with clover

1- the new version 5103 do not boot the machin i have black screen so i dowgrad to 4945 to boot

2-i can't hide unwonted partition "this bcs i have yosemite+catalina+win10 instaled and 3 other partition "

so i want some help if some one can help for this

thank's

clover always boot in verbose mode? I checked config.plist no -v boot-arg. While booting click to space and I am seeing verbose mode selected I disable it from there and click boot but still booting in -verbose? WHY and How can I fix that?

3 minutes ago, telepati said:

clover always boot in verbose mode? I checked config.plist no -v boot-arg. While booting click to space and I am seeing verbose mode selected I disable it from there and click boot but still booting in -verbose? WHY and How can I fix that?

clear NVRAM

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:40 PM, telepati said:

Finally, found time and tested it. Native NVRAM also working on Clover. I attached my files if anyone needs it you can look at it.

As far as I know, OcQuirks does not contain any fixes relevant to the problem with the newer Aptio used in Z390. Are you sure it was not already working natively with AptioMemoryFix?

8 minutes ago, Pene said:

As far as I know, OcQuirks does not contain any fixes relevant to the problem with the newer Aptio used in Z390. Are you sure it was not already working natively with AptioMemoryFix?

Yes, it wasnt work natively. It's work with adding PMC ACPI.

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/a825da4e566bba827f0c462d598eaa2b2f0b84f4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, telepati said:

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/a825da4e566bba827f0c462d598eaa2b2f0b84f4

Thanks @telepati I don't try SSDT-PMC. With OcQuircks+FwRuntime, Memoryallocation.efi do the job: no more "runtime error" with the bios used in Z390 Aorus Master

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pene said:

I have a Z390, I could test it but I don't have time currently. It could possibly work, I believe the issue was the shims and they removed the shims and directly modified the ability to write to a memory region by a hook in runtime instead.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, telepati said:

Thanks for the information. Does it work also with AptioMemoryFix and SSDT-PMC?

1 hour ago, apianti said:

I have a Z390, I could test it but I don't have time currently. It could possibly work, I believe the issue was the shims and they removed the shims and directly modified the ability to write to a memory region by a hook in runtime instead.

I actually wonder if OcQuirks is actually required for it to work, as if you look to the commit posted earlier by telepati, they refer to this PMC device as the cause. I cannot test currently either, only in a couple of days.

13 minutes ago, Pene said:

I actually wonder if OcQuirks is actually required for it to work, as if you look to the commit posted earlier by telepati, they refer to this PMC device as the cause. I cannot test currently either, only in a couple of days.

I didnt test with AptioMemoryFix cause this efi always giving an allocation error for me. I am using it with OcQuircks+FwRuntime.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

with SSDT-PMC installed, do we still need AptioMemoryFix?

Yes, as usual. You also may use alternatives OsxAptioFix3Drv or OcQuirks if they works.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pene said:

Yeah, you need OcQuirks or some fix, because that is what adjusts everything for proper system configuration. Also why you need FwRuntimeServices, because that is what actually does all that stuff. Weirdly, I read that link and then inspected my ACPI tables real quick, the device with "PNP0C02" HID and "PCHRESV" UID is a temperature sensor.... The only devices I have under "PNP0C02" HID are temperature sensors. Strange.

EDIT: I have only one reservation for the memory range 0xFC800000 to 0xFE7FFFFF.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, telepati said:

I am not using OpenCore just testing from USB Installer but when I look Hackintool it says current bootloader is OpenCore. I cleaned caches and NVRAM with Mac Optimizer.app but still the same. How can I fix that?

1972233482_ScreenShot2020-01-25at00_39_49.thumb.png.66fe9f0dd9ef9f5fe4204fd3d5b88ce3.png

Do you try to post your issue in Hackintool Topic? :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Slice said:

Pene, did you test Z390 NVRAM with SSDT-PMC + OsxAptioFisx3Drv? Expected success.

Hi Slice, no, not yet.

I was away for a few days. Will probably test today evening and report.

3 hours ago, Pene said:

Hi Slice, no, not yet.

I was away for a few days. Will probably test today evening and report.

I think that you will require making some other changes to your ACPI tables. I have an Asrock Z390 Extreme4, and I already have that memory address reserved in a big chunk, so you will probably have to remove that to add the PMC device.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is wondering why this device matters, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_metallization_cell, it's the NVRAM...

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, Slice said:

Pene, did you test Z390 NVRAM with SSDT-PMC + OsxAptioFisx3Drv? Expected success.

Yes, I confirm it is working.

OsxAptioFix3 without SSDT-PMC - native nvram not working (tested now again, just to be sure).

OsxAptioFix3 with SSDT-PMC - native nvram working.

(Probably the same also with AptioMemoryFix and OcQuirks - didn't test though).

8 hours ago, apianti said:

I think that you will require making some other changes to your ACPI tables. I have an Asrock Z390 Extreme4, and I already have that memory address reserved in a big chunk, so you will probably have to remove that to add the PMC device.

Didn't have to do any modifications. I have an Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX/AC, and at my memory map (posted some time ago), you see I have this:

Type       Start            End              # Pages          Attributes
MMIO       00000000FE000000-00000000FE010FFF 0000000000000011 8000000000000001

Edit: which is actually 1 page more (?) than what's specified at the PMCR device in the newly added SSDT-PMC:

Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                    0xFE000000,         // Address Base
                    0x00010000,         // Address Length
                    )

Edited by Pene
  • Thanks 2