Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi guys, need your advice on this...

i just witnessed a curious thing, on clover 5103,

( it was a long time since i used resetnvram) but trying to do so, pressing F11 did nothing at all...

don't think its normal behaviour now not restart clover after pressing the key, what could be the trouble?

thx

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Reset NVRAM and restart computer are two different things.

You may press letter "R" for Restart if you want it. But Clear NVRAM doesn't mean you need restart.

Thanks @Slice

for your explanation, but that was the usual behaviour i've always experienced after clearing nvram, (press F11 and the loader restart)

My question was essentially due to another circumstance, as i'm still in clover, i've been also, as many others, testing OC from a usb device, and every time i restart the machine (booting from clover) it keeps the same arguments used in OC. Hence my question about the clear nvram thing...

Just now, vector sigma said:

Means that the release r5103 at github is older than 29 days ago (before the fix) and in fact my compilation from yesterday works very fine. 

Sorry for my bad english: I answer to @chris1111 about VolumeLabel at bottom right corner in Clover GUI who has disappeared. Personally, I prefer without or optional message.

Last commit v5103 works fine for me too.

Anyone experience this panic booting 10.15.4 update?

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri(14.0.5)[3A6339B6-7D6F-3D83-8138-FDC8CE4C8F73]@0xffffff7fa4413000->0xffffff7fa4519fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[DAB5C52E-8C93-39A0-80D2-9D6AF6023947]@0xffffff7fa0f08000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[B6500881-55C0-339E-B6F7-B695E7BEC7AC]@0xffffff7fa0f11000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(575.1)[D885AE50-E3C6-38E3-B1BE-EAA34DC1FC81]@0xffffff7fa42cb000
            dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(5.1.12)[B20F175D-EE6D-377D-8F72-4460F12D4500]@0xffffff7fa4346000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2(438.4.2)[1CFA90EE-F36B-3794-90CB-569B28E861C5]@0xffffff7fa4350000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: -v cpus=1 -rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg

...also had to add cpus=1 as otherwise panic on Local Apic Error

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry for my bad english: I answer to @chris1111 about VolumeLabel at bottom right corner in Clover GUI who has disappeared. Personally, I prefer without or optional message.

Last commit v5103 works fine for me too.

If I remember well :

- if you don't create a .VolumeLabel.txt, you won't have this message.

- if you create a .VolumeLabel.txt on your clover partition, but the first character is #, you won't have this message.

So this IS optional, even though I'm convince the next time you'll lost an hour because you didn't realise you were still booting on your internal HDD instead of the USB stick (for example), and you'll spend time trying to understand why your modification are NOT taken, you'll regret not have this message :-).

By the way, just reassure me, each time you try a new clover version or a kext modification, you are trying from a different clover than your usual one, right ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If I remember well :

- if you don't create a .VolumeLabel.txt, you won't have this message.

- if you create a .VolumeLabel.txt on your clover partition, but the first character is #, you won't have this message.

So this IS optional, even though I'm convince the next time you'll lost an hour because you didn't realise you were still booting on your internal HDD instead of the USB stick (for example), and you'll spend time trying to understand why your modification are NOT taken, you'll regret not have this message :-).

By the way, just reassure me, each time you try a new clover version or a kext modification, you are trying from a different clover than your usual one, right ?

Thank you for these explanations. I only answered other members. Users have different needs, this solution may suit them in this case.

Sorry for my bad english.

• Like 1

it does not matter where you boot from clover gets confused if more then one efi on the machine.

i can tell bios to boot clover usb when main internal EFI is corrupt and clover not boot at all untill corruption is removed from internal efi then i can boot the usb. so even though clover says booted from my USB volume in bottom right corner. clover is still pulling data from main hdd efi. you might not normally notice if your main efi has no issues booting or does not exist.

Edited by bronxteck

7 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

it does not matter where you boot from clover gets confused if more then one efi on the machine.

i can tell bios to boot clover usb when main internal EFI is corrupt and clover not boot at all untill corruption is removed from internal efi then i can boot the usb. so even though clover says booted from my USB volume in bottom right corner. clover is still pulling data from main hdd efi. you might not normally notice if your main efi has no issues booting or does not exist.

How can you address a "corruption" of any kind to Clover? 

in my case a change in config.plist or patched acpi that prevents clover to load to GUI. what caused it i am not certain. so i boot from USB but still have same issue no clover GUI at all. i remove whatever caused the corruption from main hdd EFI and then clover usb can boot. this was also an issue in chameleon and early clover. if 2 efi the bootloader prefers data from internal efi over usb.

36 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

in my case a change in config.plist or patched acpi that prevents clover to load to GUI. what caused it i am not certain. so i boot from USB but still have same issue no clover GUI at all. i remove whatever caused the corruption from main hdd EFI and then clover usb can boot. this was also an issue in chameleon and early clover. if 2 efi the bootloader prefers data from internal efi over usb.

I don't think your bios/firmware loads a partition other than the one you have selected. Unless is the bios to have some problems..

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Anyone experience this panic booting 10.15.4 update?

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri(14.0.5)[3A6339B6-7D6F-3D83-8138-FDC8CE4C8F73]@0xffffff7fa4413000->0xffffff7fa4519fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[DAB5C52E-8C93-39A0-80D2-9D6AF6023947]@0xffffff7fa0f08000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[B6500881-55C0-339E-B6F7-B695E7BEC7AC]@0xffffff7fa0f11000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(575.1)[D885AE50-E3C6-38E3-B1BE-EAA34DC1FC81]@0xffffff7fa42cb000
            dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(5.1.12)[B20F175D-EE6D-377D-8F72-4460F12D4500]@0xffffff7fa4346000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2(438.4.2)[1CFA90EE-F36B-3794-90CB-569B28E861C5]@0xffffff7fa4350000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: -v cpus=1 -rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg

...also had to add cpus=1 as otherwise panic on Local Apic Error

yes sometime I get this panic issue on 10.15.3

When i play video 1920x1080 60fps with quicktime player the screen flickering black

When i play video 1920x1080 30fps or 25fps video worked  fine no flickering

What is this issue 

anyone can tell me about this issue i think this issue is related shiki or quicktime player

I m running kabylake i5 IntelHDGraphic 620 ram 4gb

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slice said:

I am not sure if this is the case but I have such BIOS that permit me to boot legacy Clover only from USB. I can boot from HDD formatted as GPT only in UEFI mode.

This looks like a boot0 issue.

EDIT

already tried with this? ...looks promising

Edited by vector sigma