Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, arsradu said:

I have it with 5028. Theme issue...? I've attached my 5028 if you wanna give it a try. 

screenshot4.png

Clover_v2.5k_r5028.zip

Theme does nothing with Shell appearance, if tool_shell.png was missing from \icons; it'll use one from embedded. #cmiiw

Shell*.efi are provided on \tools, Scan=true under GUI should find them, or manually adding Custom entry for Tools.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Theme does nothing with Shell appearance, if tool_shell.png was missing from \icons; it'll use one from embedded. #cmiiw

Shell*.efi are provided on \tools, Scan=true under GUI should find them, or manually adding Custom entry for Tools.

I see... You can tell I'm not a theme expert. :))) Thanks for the info! I did not know that. Then I guess it could have been a bug with Clover....? Seems to be fixed now. Or at least in my case, it works fine

12 hours ago, vector sigma said:

thanks guys! @Cyberdevs in yours I've found something different, so I'm not sure if in Terminal the message was like 'ESP not found', anyway thanks to your log I'm pretty sure will be able in the next version.... version where the log will show me the result :-)

I tested the app once more and there is no message like you said "ESP not found". here is the new output and the Terminal's screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.58.55 AM.png

espfinder.plist.zip

• Thanks 1

hi @vector sigma

This line has disappeared from buildme script in repo. I don't understand why

#Create SRC folder
mkdir -p $HOME/src/edk2 && cd $HOME/src/edk2 && svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover

anyone else on the x299 platform having issues with some of the later builds in clover? 5020 and 5028 forsure exhibit this sympton. i havent tested other "new" versions but it seems going back to 4979 resolves the issue.

seems somehow the boards bios, or nvram (sorry for my lack of knowledge) is getting corrupt.

3 hours ago, Wackymac said:

anyone else on the x299 platform having issues with some of the later builds in clover? 5020 and 5028 forsure exhibit this sympton. i havent tested other "new" versions but it seems going back to 4979 resolves the issue.

seems somehow the boards bios, or nvram (sorry for my lack of knowledge) is getting corrupt.

Revision 5028 is for X299. 

Don't forget the difference between 4xxx and 5xxx. There is driver folder structure.

• Like 2

@Slice I see a lot of people complaining about the drivers structure in 2.5k. And while I personally think the new structure makes a lot more sense than the old one, and while I think people will always complain about something, I also think that part of the problem is the fact that we never told them about those changes.

Maybe...for important things that could potentially affect functionality, it would be best to have a message in the installer, to let the people know about those changes. A lot of things happen because of miscommunication. So....let's communicate. Efficiently.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Revision 5028 is for X299. 

Don't forget the difference between 4xxx and 5xxx. There is driver folder structure.

maybe you can help then?

when using aptiofix, (which has been working for around 2 years for me) ;

upon restart or shutdown from mac os, if i enter the bios and make a setting change, i can no longer boot from the efi partition (the bios wont see it)..

when booting windows it doesnt exhibit the same issue.

if i just shutdown or restart the machine as usual without making a change in the bios, it works fine.

When i add emuvariable and rc scripts (removing the use of the hardware nvram on the board) which is not something ive previously done, it works perfectly fine as well.

if i make bios changes and restart the machine (but never boot mac) i dont experience any issue.

The only way for me to be able to see the drive again and successfully boot the machine is to flash the bios.

it seems like upon shutdown of mac os. somehow it is doing something to my bios.

Do you have any ideas what may be going on? im ripping my hair out on this as the machine has been running fine for 2 years, until the other day it just randomly wouldn't see the boot drive anymore. (the only changes to the machine have been updating clover and all its drivers)

5 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@Wackymac

I am using 5024 version with my X299 rig without problems with Aptiofix (acidanthera) and VirtualSMC kext or fakesmc.kext

using fakesmc. i have a feeling maybe my mobo is bad... (the prime x299 deluxe from what i know has {censored} bios integrity)

Asus has retired latest x299 bios for some failures..in my case 1001 version was bad..I do not know if similar problem is on yours ;)

9 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

Asus has retired latest x299 bios for some failures..in my case 1001 version was bad..I do not know if similar problem is on yours ;)

didnt change anything with the bios until the issue started happening.

10 hours ago, arsradu said:

@Slice I see a lot of people complaining about the drivers structure in 2.5k. And while I personally think the new structure makes a lot more sense than the old one, and while I think people will always complain about something, I also think that part of the problem is the fact that we never told them about those changes.

Maybe...for important things that could potentially affect functionality, it would be best to have a message in the installer, to let the people know about those changes. A lot of things happen because of miscommunication. So....let's communicate. Efficiently.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

Honestly I can't see the problem other than the user will be perplexed for a presence of a new directory called "drivers" and is not fully aware that now this is in use, but:

1. Clover package migrate old drivers from new directory automatically only if the new path doesn't exist. So no one driver is lost.
  2. Old Clover are working because the installer didn't remove drivers64 nor drivers64UEFI
  3. New Clover still function with old directories structure if the new one is not found.
  4. Drivers installed by Clover overwrite old ones only if they exits in the Clover package, other user may have.. are untouched*.
  5. Third party programs used still place drivers in old directories??? Contact their developers, and told them to be a bit brainy Lol (joke) and update their app.
  6. Clover package didn't know if you made manual modifications such add drivers or delete drivers.

I see people claim for the missing AptioMemoryFix.efi after installing, but again, the installer didn't remove it, *unless the user have one of the MemoryFix drivers activated by an old installation or the user selected one of them where clearly is written "use only one of them". This happen only if you install a driver and then later you install another one manually, totally forgetting that the package remembers choices previously selected.  The same for SMCHelper, HFSPlus etc.

So the possible explanation is only one: users remove it voluntarily, dot. I've lost when or why them miss this.

What we can do is to write a README.txt inside the old drivers64 and drivers64UEFI.

Edited by vector sigma
typo

On 7/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, Matgen84 said:

hi @vector sigma

This line has disappeared from buildme script in repo. I don't understand why

#Create SRC folder
mkdir -p $HOME/src/edk2 && cd $HOME/src/edk2 && svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover

Never was in. Think, "buildme" is inside Clover.... and if you have Clover... you don't need to checkout it :wink_anim:

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 18.23.31.png

just cd into a directory called ..../"what you want"/edk2 and paste the above command in terminal... and you will be ready

Edited by vector sigma
  • Thanks 1

@meaganmargaret

every opinion is important, new clover support also old folders structure..so usually and for now I am changing only bootx64 and cloverx64 efi files..and all is fine, so no need to modify a "working" structure

Edited by Guest
typo

1 hour ago, meaganmargaret said:

It's also a mistake, in my view, to not offer the AptioFix options for those of us who need it....a bad mistake!

Sorry Mrs but I lost where you file a bug about memory fix drivers included in Clover, and why your "AptioFix" disappear.

Edited by vector sigma

23 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Well, it's much more than not explaining about the new directory structure.  There really ARE problems with version 5.  I have an Asus Z370 that will NOT boot on 5018, and yes, I did adjust the directory structure.

It's also a mistake, in my view, to not offer the AptioFix options for those of us who need it....a bad mistake!

The installer doesn't compile with AptioMemoryFix anymore, for reasons independent of Clover. Which is why it's been removed. Simple as that.

Also, there are plenty of AptioFix options in the current installer. Just use OsXAptioFix3Drv (comes with fixes for NVRAM, too). Would it help if someone renamed it to AptioMemoryFix? Cause AptioMemoryFix is nothing more than OsXAptioFixDrv, + some upgrades.

Also, you don't need to adjust anything manually... 

For the Z370 boot issue, make sure all the drivers are in the new directories, that you have at least one AptioFix driver, but not more than that, and that should be all. I think a verbose log might help to determine a potential kernel panic, if that's what's happening in your case.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Never was in. Think, "buildme" is inside Clover.... and if you have Clover... you don't need to checkout it :wink_anim:

I've made a mistake.

OK for 'svn checkout'. I've to use Buildme inside his directory, Right?

What about src folder

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

OK for 'svn checkout'. I've to use Buildme inside his directory, Right?

Yes, just a double click with the mouse.

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

What about src folder

Can be any also "MyCoolDirectory" lol e.g.:

so create edk2 directory inside your cool directory:

mkdir -p ~/Desktop/MyCoolDirectory/edk2

then change directory:

cd ~/Desktop/MyCoolDirectory/edk2

then checkout Clover:

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover

dowble click on:

~/Desktop/MyCoolDirectory/edk2/Clover/buildme

easy no?

EDIT

creating folders for Clover is advised to have no blank spaces in the middle of the directory name

Edited by vector sigma
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

creating folders for Clover is advised to have no blank spaces in the middle of the directory name

Or if they do, you need to take care of that with a "\ ". But yeah, better not use spaces. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

The fact that edk2 scripts will fail later if a space exists

Oooh. THAT I did not know! :D I just don't like long names for directories anyways.

Thank you! Me learns every day.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:38 AM, Cyberdevs said:

I tested the app once more and there is no message like you said "ESP not found". here is the new output and the Terminal's screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.58.55 AM.png

espfinder.plist.zip

Thanks! Anyway is wrong because I want disk0s1 and not disk1s1, why? I think your BIOS run device at index 0 automatically. I made an update and I think is now ok. You will see it with some great news.. in minutes.

• Like 1