ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Slice said:

I understand!

This is the script "postinstall"

while read -r -u3 theme_plist; do
    theme=${theme_plist%/*}
    theme=${theme##*/}
    $plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes:$index string $theme" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
    [[ -n "config_theme" && "$config_theme" == "$theme" ]] && theme_found=1
    themes_installed+=("$theme")
    index=$((index + 1))
done 3< <(find "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}"/EFI/CLOVER/themes -iname 'theme.plist' 2>/dev/null)

try this:

while read -r -u3 theme_plist; do
    theme=${theme_plist%/*}
    theme=${theme##*/}
    $plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes:$index string $theme" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
    [[ -n "config_theme" && "$config_theme" == "$theme" ]] && theme_found=1
    themes_installed+=("$theme")
    index=$((index + 1))
done 3< <(find "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}"/EFI/CLOVER/themes \( -iname 'theme.plist' -or -iname 'theme.svg' \) 2>/dev/null)

Jul  9 20:23:09 MacBook-Air Installer[5272]: IFJS: *** exception: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'my.target.mountpoint')
Jul  9 20:24:59 MacBook-Air shove[5986]: Cross device symlink found in shove path, including /Volumes/ESP/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

:blink:

svg theme resolved! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slice said:

Jul 9 20:23:09 MacBook-Air Installer[5272]: IFJS: *** exception: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'my.target.mountpoint') Jul 9 20:24:59 MacBook-Air shove[5986]: Cross device symlink found in shove path, including /Volumes/ESP/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

Apple culprit, you aren't the first and not with Clover only :)

20 minutes ago, Slice said:

So all are clear. Please commit the changes when finish. I will wait you to not intersect.

I have some doubt now with "off" drivers and sorry if sounds stupid

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

it's redundant, why not:

drivers
-- BIOS
-- UEFI
-- off

?

I mean a tree, subfolders... if we talk for the same thing

should I move ../CloverV2/drivers-Off to ../CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/off then? is this ok?

6 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

I have some doubt now with "off" drivers and sorry if sounds stupid

should I move ../CloverV2/drivers-Off to ../CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/off then? is this ok?

Yes, it will be like a store for unneeded drivers. Some day I moved a driver from UEFI to off or vice versa.

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Different config, different ACPI files.

Make preboot.log by F2 key with old and with new Clover and compare.

Im using the same config.plist too.

Can you help me spotting the differences? Id like to run both kernels on the same clover version and config.

preboot(4392+custom kernel).log

preboot(latest clover).log

With the custom one I have almost 10x the Geekbench OpenCL score.

Edited by innerd

3 hours ago, Slice said:

So all are clear. Please commit the changes when finish. I will wait you to not intersect.

commited to r4986. Hope to not have committed any errors, too things changed. Let me know

@Sherlocks for your problem I'll take a look tomorrow, now I goo to sleep!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

commited to r4986. Hope to not have commic errors, too things changed. Let me know

@Sherlocks for your problem I'll take a look tomorrow, now I goo to sleep!

Wait, are you hibernated now? LoL

I think latest r4986 doesn't work well as I got \EFI\CLOVER\drivers\off (contains last *.efi) but prev. *.efi are still there on …\UEFI folder. Or, did you suggest rm -rf CloverV2 right b4 ./ebuild.sh -fr ? Thanks.

r4986-drivers-off.png

• Like 1

ISO image must contain necessary drivers for UEFI boot from the DVD.

At least Fat.efi, HFS+, APFS, Aptio,

Снимок экрана 2019-07-10 в 7.50.20.png

Or UEFI boot from DVD is impossible?

• Like 1

I was wondering, what is the "off" folder for? Talking about drivers. I was always confused about this. If it's about disabled drivers, well...why not simply remove those drivers? Or not check them for installation.

Also, if it's for disabled drivers, I would suggest renaming "off" to "disabled". I mean...if those are "off", then the other ones are...what? ON? :)) 

I don't know. Maybe I didn't correctly understand the point of that folder. And, as I said above, in my opinion, if you don't want a specific driver, just don't install that driver. I see no point to install it, just to disable it afterwards.

3 hours ago, arsradu said:

I was wondering, what is the "off" folder for?

I think it refers to "official" like an "official" repository of optional uefi drivers.

IMHO, ApfsDriverLoader.efi should be in both /drivers/BIOS and /drivers/UEFI as a mandatory/recommended driver, instead of located in /drivers/off/FileSystem as an optional driver.  Likewise VBoxHfs.efi or HFSPlus.efi be in /drivers/UEFI as a mandatory/recommended driver.

Edited by fusion71au
Clarify situation with BIOS booting, not need VBoxHfs.efi
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

I think it refers to "official" like an "official" repository of optional uefi drivers.

IMHO, ApfsDriverLoader.efi and VBoxHfs.efi should both be in /drivers/BIOS and /drivers/UEFI as mandatory/recommended drivers, instead of located in /drivers/off/FileSystem as optional drivers.

Oooh. :)) Well...in this case, we definitely need to rename that to "official", or "local repo" or "repository" or something like that. Or, even better, "built-in". Cause "off" means something else entirely. Nobody will think of Drivers/Off as in "official drivers". Most people will see "off" as in disabled.

And if those are "official", that makes the drivers in drivers/UEFI...unofficial, by contrast? :)) No, they're all just as official. Only one is the repo itself, the other one is the user's selection from that repo.

Just my opinion, of course.

And yeah, I agree we should have those as recommended (checked by default).

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

IMHO, ApfsDriverLoader.efi and VBoxHfs.efi should both be in /drivers/BIOS and /drivers/UEFI as mandatory/recommended drivers, instead of located in /drivers/off/FileSystem as optional drivers.

10 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Oooh. :)) Well...in this case, we definitely need to rename that to "official". Or, even better, "built-in". Cause "off" means something else entirely. Nobody will think of Drivers/Off as in "official drivers". Or, as I can see, built-in drivers. 

Just my opinion, of course.

And yeah, I agree we should have those as recommended (checked by default).

I think all this new directories and subdirectories are a little bit complicated for End Users or others. You're right: make simple. For example for UEFI, mandatory and additional in Clover Package. Keep old directories in existing EFI folder installation

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Just so we don’t forget about it, after we’re done renaming, updating, moving stuff from one place to another, and everyone is happy with it, we need to do two more things (probably more, but these are the ones that just came to my mind):
1. Update languages. Since we’ve got new stuff that was never translated.
2. Update wiki to reflect the new folder structure.

Yes, translations and WIKI should be updated. This is users job.

off means disabled. This is shorter to type.

Are you changing the set of drivers by the installer? Always? I don't.

I can boot into Shell and move a driver from one folder to another

fs0:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers> mv off\apfs.efi UEFI\

and so on.

The folder off\ has a size of 1Mb while ESP has a size of 200Mb. Why not keep all possible drivers here?

BIOS folder don't need VboxHFS.efi because the driver is present in boot file. You may include here HFSplus.efi by Apple if you account it is better. In this case HFSplus.efi will have a priority.

Same for Fat.efi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Slice said:

Yes, translations and WIKI should be updated. This is users job.

off means disabled. This is shorter to type.

Are you changing the set of drivers by the installer? Always? I don't.

I can boot into Shell and move a driver from one folder to another

fs0:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers> mv off\apfs.efi UEFI\

and so on.

The folder off\ has a size of 1Mb while ESP has a size of 200Mb. Why not keep all possible drivers here?

BIOS folder don't need VboxHFS.efi because the driver is present in boot file. You may include here HFSplus.efi by Apple if you account it is better. In this case HFSplus.efi will have a priority.

Same for Fat.efi

I don't compile r4986 yet. Sorry for my stupid question: why 'off' isn't in localizable.string

Edited by Matgen84

OK, I got it. Thanks for made it even better, and simpler for installer package.

Just a little issue (though not a big deal to be honest that hopefully will be fixed later); I've tried installing r4986 twice.. once onto a clean EFI partition and the second to an EFI that previously was installed. Weird is (if not a bug), I have double *.efi(s) for example ApfsDriverLoader is selected upon installation then placed to …\UEFI. But another one is still exist on \off\FileSystem (among others). That is. 

3 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

OK, I got it. Thanks for made it even better, and simpler for installer package.

Just a little issue (though not a big deal to be honest that hopefully will be fixed later); I've tried installing r4986 twice.. once onto a clean EFI partition and the second to an EFI that previously was installed. Weird is (if not a bug), I have double *.efi(s) for example ApfsDriverLoader is selected upon installation then placed to …\UEFI. But another one is still exist on \off\FileSystem (among others). That is. 

i didnt touch default checked driver.

also checked apfsdriveloader was exist both UEFI and off folder although checked default apfsdriveloader in package.

3 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

i didnt touch default checked driver.

also checked apfsdriveloader was exist both UEFI and off folder although checked default apfsdriveloader in package.

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't compile r4986 yet. Sorry for my stupid question: why 'off' isn't in localizable.string

There is no reason to be in localizable.strings because off directory serves to nothing other then have all drivers available and ready to be copied from the shell or from Finder. Clover ignore them, is just a "parking" for all the drivers.

11 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Wait, are you hibernated now? LoL

I think latest r4986 doesn't work well as I got \EFI\CLOVER\drivers\off (contains last *.efi) but prev. *.efi are still there on …\UEFI folder. Or, did you suggest rm -rf CloverV2 right b4 ./ebuild.sh -fr ? Thanks.

As Slice already said, and written in latests posts, you are responsible for your own tests. Clover is under development.

5 hours ago, arsradu said:

I was wondering, what is the "off" folder for? Talking about drivers. I was always confused about this. If it's about disabled drivers, well...why not simply remove those drivers? Or not check them for installation.

Also, if it's for disabled drivers, I would suggest renaming "off" to "disabled". I mean...if those are "off", then the other ones are...what? ON? :)) 

I don't know. Maybe I didn't correctly understand the point of that folder. And, as I said above, in my opinion, if you don't want a specific driver, just don't install that driver. I see no point to install it, just to disable it afterwards.

Guys stop watching off drivers Lol. Serves to nothing, nothing to understand. Clover doesn't use them and you have to do nothing. Watch it when you need a different drivers. Will be there. Also before was drivers-off, now is "off" and is under a folder called "drivers". Was discussed yestrerday and then we did it. I made scripts to be changed in 1-2 minutes to make it appear. So "disable", "unused", "notLoaded", "repository".. or what else you like? :P

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Slice said:

ISO image must contain necessary drivers for UEFI boot from the DVD.

At least Fat.efi, HFS+, APFS, Aptio,

Ok I'll add them within 4 hours when I'll have my hack.

6 hours ago, Slice said:

Or UEFI boot from DVD is impossible?

I was guessing about this. Isn't a legacy boot only with the cdboot used?

4 hours ago, fusion71au said:

IMHO, ApfsDriverLoader.efi should be in both /drivers/BIOS and /drivers/UEFI as a mandatory/recommended driver, instead of located in /drivers/off/FileSystem as an optional driver.  Likewise VBoxHfs.efi or HFSPlus.efi be in /drivers/UEFI as a mandatory/recommended driver.

I guess it's better to stay inside "FileSystem" directory, otherwise there's no logic behind. If you want I can make it checked by default instead.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Ok I'll add them within 4 hours when I'll have my hack.

I was guessing about this. Isn't a legacy boot only with the cdboot used?

I guess it's better to stay inside "FileSystem" directory, otherwise there's no logic behind. If you want I can make it checked by default instead.

@vector sigma

did you update beta3?

can you check sudo mount -uw in package?

still not working.. we need to type command in terminal

thanks in advance