Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Right! Also AptioMemoryFix is a fork of OsxAptioFix included and created in Clover. So later I'll port the changes... as soon as I have time.

That would be awesome!

No worries! As usual, no rush. Take your time. This needs to be done right, not fast. :)

No, the installer activate them by default if Clover was never installed, i.e. if ../Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist doesn't exist. Due to the fact that I changed something at least once you have to mark cheboxes. Next run will be ok.

The proof is by deleting com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist and you will see them activated. Little price for this migration.

I was also wondering what happened there. I installed 4983 on another machine with 4981 on it (so before the changes) and indeed, those mandatory drivers were not checked by default. This explains why. Thank you! I didn't know that. :)

Also, I can confirm they are checked when reinstalling 4983, or upgrading to 4985, for example. So, we should be ok moving forward. Nice job! :D 

Edited by arsradu

Nothing wrong. It just is not under our control.

@All

Take into account that the Clover is not full Hackintosh solution. It is a part of the world.

Take addition files from original sources.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, vector sigma said:

OsxAptioFix3 was working until Mojave for me, but just few minutes ago I tested it in Catalina and it fail. Need a fix  (@Slice)

I need more information what is the fail.

Meanwhile AptioMemoryFix chooses slide value automatically while Fix3 uses value from user and default one is zero.

May be for Catalina zero value is not the best and you have to choose something like slide=128.

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

i'm still in Beta1. So it's working for me because of this? ... to night I'll update to Beta 3 and see what's.. Anyway I consider only the root volume ("/") and not if you install Clover from another partition as from Maojave the Catalina partition is read/write in Beta 1 ... can be this the problem?

No, the installer activate them by default if Clover was never installed, i.e. if ../Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist doesn't exist. Due to the fact that I changed something at least once you have to mark cheboxes. Next run will be ok.

The proof is by deleting com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist and you will see them activated. Little price for this migration.

in beta3, still not works to install clover.

162252181_2019-07-099_47_12.png.9d6a7dfd1ce1e060e4e5a1c06618ddc4.png

after remove /Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist

i can get default driver. thanks a lot

1587922019_2019-07-099_47_06.png.7f896e646246f83187a5524be54718b8.png

suggestion

old package makes drivers64UEFI and drivers64 folders.

it's useful when sort folders by name.

now folder name is

BiosDrivers 

UEFIDrivers

if sort folder by name, BiosDrivers is second, UEFIDrivers is last.

can we consider like before?

example DriversBIOS OR DriversUEFI.

38 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

suggestion

old package makes drivers64UEFI and drivers64 folders.

it's useful when sort folders by name.

now folder name is

BiosDrivers 

UEFIDrivers

if sort folder by name, BiosDrivers is second, UEFIDrivers is last.

can we consider like before?

example DriversBIOS OR DriversUEFI.

Yeah, I was thinking of that, too.

Ooor...another idea, maybe put them both under a global Drivers folder.

For example:

Drivers

- BIOSdrivers

- UEFIdrivers

Also, maybe a bit of cleanup on the BIOS drivers side would be nice to have, as well. For consistency. We're still mentioning "64-bit" in the installer for the BIOS drivers. Apparently I've missed that, too, since I'm only booting UEFI.

956001966_Screenshot2019-07-09at16_37_03.png.a2ee65209a64813ec18f77bda5b6034c.png

19 minutes ago, Slice said:

If sort by name then Bios.. will be first, UEFI... will be second.

DriversBIOS ans DriversUEFI will be sorted exactly the same.

Yeah... I think he's referring to the fact that, with the new naming, since Drivers folders are separate, when you look under Clover folder, you'll see BiosDrivers at the beginning of the "list" and UEFIdrivers somewhere at the end. They won't be one after the other anymore.

676328046_Screenshot2019-07-09at16_56_38.png.723b0a6beb11bc0aa8ec15d843a2f559.png

But if we add them both under Drivers, then they will be, since they will be the only two sub-folders in that folder. :) 

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

Yes, agree

Should be

drivers
-- BIOSdrivers
-- UEFIdriver
-- off

As well as in ISO and in PKG.

Hi @Slice

I don't try r4985. What about Clover installation on existing EFI Folder into Hard Disk or USB pen drive.

16 minutes ago, Slice said:

Yes, agree

Should be

drivers
-- BIOSdrivers
-- UEFIdriver
-- off

As well as in ISO and in PKG.

it's redundant, why not:

drivers
-- BIOS
-- UEFI
-- off

?

I mean a tree, subfolders... if we talk for the same thing

• Like 1

I am testing.

Why installer said me

Theme 'cesium' (defined in config.plist) not found !
Using default theme 'embedded'

?

No. the theme is present!

The installer kills folders "drivers64" and drivers64UEFI. Ok, as expected. But in this case I can't boot with older Clover. For example to search an mistake.

Clover installation doesn't depend on "Install on ESP". It does this even without the flag. 

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't try r4985. What about Clover installation on existing EFI Folder into Hard Disk or USB pen drive.

The package takes cares of the migration, and Clover will looks on old directories if new ones aren't found.

3 minutes ago, Slice said:

Why installer said me

?

not sure I did nothing for this. I'll take a look

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

The installer kills folders "drivers64" and drivers64UEFI. Ok, as expected. But in this case I can't boot with older Clover. For example to search an mistake.

Old Clover doesn't know that your drivers are in a new location, can't expect this. New Clover knows to search in old directories.

May be better to not 'move' but 'copy' and leave old ones for old Clover? .. anyway this happen only if you copy them manually otherwise an old installer will recreate them..

11 minutes ago, Slice said:

Clover installation doesn't depend on "Install on ESP". It does this even without the flag.

I'll take a look, but I've also did nothing for this. Let see..

16 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

it's redundant, why not:

drivers
-- BIOS
-- UEFI
-- off

?

Agree

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

it's redundant, why not:

drivers
-- BIOS
-- UEFI
-- off

?

I thought of that, too. :) 

The reason why I haven't mentioned it before is because it felt more confusing than the "longer" variant, for some reason.

So, whichever you guys decide. It's perfectly fine for me.

And...I don't think we need to close the repo. Otherwise people will start complaining about that! :))

Uhm..in my opinion, as long as this is still under development (there is no official release yet), it's everyone's obligation to take caution (meaning make a damn bootable USB drive, it's not that hard) so that they can boot back into the system in case they've tried a testing version and things didn't go quite the way they should. Or test on the actual USB instead of the main SSD.

When playing with fire, you need to wear protection. :))

That's just my opinion.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice should we make the repository intentionally not compilable until new changes will be ready.. otherwise a lot of people will compile and use it in the meantime....

Heh, no. Those people have own responsibility on result. I will upload Release as soon as we decided finally what it should be.

Currently I booted with fresh installed 4985.

49 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

It will just rename 64-bit drivers folders and, on first install, you'll need to reselect your drivers. This is just when switching from versions older than 4983, to 4983 or above. On reinstall, all your previously selected drivers will still be there.

Also, if you use AptioMemoryFix, and you select one of the included OSXAptioFix drivers, AptioMemoryFix will be removed to prevent conflicts. If you don't choose anything, AptioMemoryFix will be kept.

• Like 1

ok, anyway I'll remove the package I posted

4 hours ago, Slice said:

I need more information what is the fail.

Meanwhile AptioMemoryFix chooses slide value automatically while Fix3 uses value from user and default one is zero.

May be for Catalina zero value is not the best and you have to choose something like slide=128.

I'll try it

37 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Old Clover doesn't know that your drivers are in a new location, can't expect this. New Clover knows to search in old directories.

May be better to not 'move' but 'copy' and leave old ones for old Clover? .. anyway this happen only if you copy them manually otherwise an old installer will recreate them..

@Slice so we should leave there old directories? Let me know as I'm working on it in this moment..

49 minutes ago, Slice said:

I am testing.

Why installer said me

?

I understand!

This is the script "postinstall"

$plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes array" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
index=0
while read -r -u3 theme_plist; do
    theme=${theme_plist%/*}
    theme=${theme##*/}
    $plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes:$index string $theme" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
    [[ -n "config_theme" && "$config_theme" == "$theme" ]] && theme_found=1
    themes_installed+=("$theme")
    index=$((index + 1))
done 3< <(find "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}"/EFI/CLOVER/themes -iname 'theme.plist' 2>/dev/null)

It searches the file "theme.plist".

But cesium ans other SVG themes doesn't contain the file. They contain file "theme.svg".

How this script can be improved to search both {theme.plist, theme.svg}?

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice so we should leave there old directories? Let me know as I'm working on it in this moment..

I want to test a link

ln -s UEFIDrivers drivers64UEFI

Will old clover works with it?

• Like 3

Well, what would be the real-life scenario here? Someone manually copying his Drivers (with subfolders UEFI and BIOS) from 498...whatever, into versions like 4972 or something like this, and removing the old drivers folders?

And doubling drivers to fix this...? I don't know... Not to mention then people will start asking: "Why two sets of driver folders"? :)) Maybe some sort of symlink...would be better? I don't know.

Edit: Slice, I see you already thought of the same thing. :)) Maybe that works...

Edited by arsradu

Just now, Slice said:

I understand!

This is the script "postinstall"

$plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes array" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
index=0
while read -r -u3 theme_plist; do
    theme=${theme_plist%/*}
    theme=${theme##*/}
    $plistbuddy -c "Add InstalledThemes:$index string $theme" "$CLOVER_INSTALLER_PLIST_NEW" >/dev/null
    [[ -n "config_theme" && "$config_theme" == "$theme" ]] && theme_found=1
    themes_installed+=("$theme")
    index=$((index + 1))
done 3< <(find "${EFI_ROOT_DIR}"/EFI/CLOVER/themes -iname 'theme.plist' 2>/dev/null)

It searches the file "theme.plist".

But cesium ans other SVG themes doesn't contain the file. They contain file "theme.svg".

How this script can be improved to search both {theme.plist, theme.svg}?

I guess the theme name is the directory that contains theme.svg... I'll fix it

7 minutes ago, Slice said:

I want to test a link

ln -s UEFIDrivers drivers64UEFI

Will old clover works with it?

UEFI drivers has support for symlinks?? Something that will surprise me Lol

It's a pity no. Symlinks doesn't work with FAT32 UEFI drivers. 

So we have to keep both old and new folders until user decides never return to old Clover.

Not a big deal. The folder occupies 100kb. 

• Like 2