Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Ok I am still not getting a sound when MacOS loads after Clover menu. Could it be because of  my sound.wav file? Could someone that has thins working test it?

1. I have AudioDxe and BootChimeDxe in the drivers64UEFI.

2. I have sound.wav in EFI folder, where the BOOT and CLOVER folder is located.

sound.wav

XtpnOgR.png

Edited by Pavo

16 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

I think you need to use this and put in the root of your EFI folder and remove sound.wav from everywhere else.....

bootchime.wav

Ok removed sound.wav and put bootchime.wav inside the EFI folder, again where BOOT and CLOVER folders are and still not getting sound when MacOS is selected in Clover menu after hitting Enter.

Ok made some progress. I moved the bootchime.wav file to the root of the ESP, where the EFI folder is located and getting this now.

tYxn22o.jpg

Edited by Pavo

2 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

support? what is it?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329777-clover-problems-report-features-request/?do=findComment&comment=2647232

2 hours ago, Pavo said:

Its not Clover that needs to support that CPU, its MacOS that needs too support it. I am pretty sure that if you use a iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS you will get closest to that support.

Long story here 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333229-help-installing-highsierra-on-xeon-w-2175-and-asus-ws-c422-mobo/ 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335193-help-installing-mojave-on-xeon-w-2175-and-asus-ws-c422-mobo/

macOS support Xeon W-21xx series CPU, he is native to her

Edited by yapan4

I made some progress, I can get it to work for Clover GUI but I am still not able to get a chime sound when hitting enter on the macOS partition to boot. I am using the same file that I put in themes folder but renamed it to bootchime.wave instead of sound.wav that is in themes folder.

Edited by Pavo

6 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Are you using PlayAsync?  If so, don't.....that's what got me that error....soon as I turned it off, the message went away.

And if the message is really referencing BootChime.wav that I gave you, here's one that IS, for sure, 48000 khz.....I just redid it, tested it and it works for me.....

bootchime.wav

Thanks I am not using any settings in config for Playsync.

This is how it's working now.

43 minutes ago, Pavo said:

But these are not a "Clover" issue, this is more of patching issue from what I can tell.

Yes, I meant Clover bootloader - BOOTX64.efi or CLOVERX64.efi ...or also AptioMemoryFix.efi 

Edited by yapan4

28 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Are you using PlayAsync?  If so, don't.....that's what got me that error....soon as I turned it off, the message went away.

And if the message is really referencing BootChime.wav that I gave you, here's one that IS, for sure, 48000 khz.....I just redid it, tested it and it works for me.....

bootchime.wav

Tried your latest uploaded sound file and the message isn't there but still not getting chime before the Apple Logo after hitting enter in MacOS drive to boot in Clover menu, also removed the sound.wav file from themes folder because I do not want any chime before Clover GUI, I want chime right before Apple Logo if it is possible.

Edited by Pavo

upload your clover preboot or booted log.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Could the issue I am having be related to not getting Clover.SoundVolume nvram variable?

Figure it out, finally got it working woot!!!

Had to clear NVRAM variables using BootChimeCfg.efi

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

Could the issue I am having be related to not getting Clover.SoundVolume nvram variable?

Figure it out, finally got it working woot!!!
Had to clear NVRAM variables using BootChimeCfg.efi

It's default chime sound, you don't need bootchime.wav in root of efi if you used same sound :D

With AudioDxe.efi and BootChimeDXE.efi then you will get same sound. Just use bootchime.wav if you want different sound then apple sound default chime.

Sorry for bad english

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

There is a issue with PlayAsync on my system:

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>PlayAsync</key>
		<true/>

I've a sound before enter Clover GUI. After, no keyboard, no mouse.

It's like freeze Issue.

Make sure you use latest Clover (r4862 is good)
1. Make sure there are sound.wav and sound_night.wav ini your Theme Folder
2. Set PlayAsync=True

Post the result

What????  I don't have PlayAsync enabled whatsoever!  My chime works great!  PlayAsync is not needed, and can actually interfere.  Andres, you seem like you're scrambling all over the place......
You don't understand.

Play async is not related to boot chime after gui.

It's about sound from theme folder.

What????  I don't have PlayAsync enabled whatsoever!  My chime works great!  PlayAsync is not needed, and can actually interfere.  Andres, you seem like you're scrambling all over the place......
If you want play audio before GUI CLOVER and continue play in GUI CLOVER then you need to set PlayAsync = True.

Boot chime while apple logo is different thing.

Read more before comment...

16 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Okay, fine.  I'd love to know the use case for such a function.....but never mind, I'm out.......

Let me explain detail for you

1. Officially @Slice don't want support BootChimeDxe.efi
2. BootChimeDxe.efi has built-in Chime sound,, to overide default sound you need to put "bootchime.wav" in root directory of EFI and THIS IS for audio playback when you PRESS enter at macOS partition or when you boot to your macOS partition.
3. sound.wav and sound_night.wav are for playback sound BEFORE or WHILE in GUI CLOVER
4. If you set PlayAsync=False while Sound.wav and Sound_night.wav in theme clover then you will hear sound before GUI CLOVER until finish. After sound finish then GUI CLOVER will be appeared.
5. If you set PlayAsync=True while sound.wav and sound_night.wav in Theme folder then music will be played before and while in GUI CLOVER. You won't spend your time to listen music until finish before reach CLOVER.

So,, you only want to hear SOUND after select macOS partition, and it's only about BOOTCHIMEDXE.efi. It's not related to PlayAsync, Sound in Theme folder. So STOP mixed everythng here. Just put the configuartion as you wish,, but it's not same like other wish. I hope you understand.

Sorry for bad english

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, meaganmargaret said:

Good for you, you want to play music.sounds before and during Clover loading?  Okay, great.   

Ah,, finally you understand. And @Matgen84 want to use audio from theme folder too. So you and matgen have different situation and different solution

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's like freeze Issue.

Make sure you use latest Clover (r4862 is good)
1. Make sure there are sound.wav and sound_night.wav ini your Theme Folder
2. Set PlayAsync=True

Post the result

I use latest Clover r4864:

1. Sound.wav is in my Theme folder (I use only daytime)
  2. As I said before I set PalyAsync=true

I've a sound before enter Clover GUI. Once on Clover GUI, no keyboard, no mouse. All works well with PlayAsync=false (Realtek ALC892)

Edited by Matgen84

26 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I've a sound before enter Clover GUI. Once on Clover GUI, no keyboard, no mouse. All works well with PlayAsync=false (Realtek ALC892)

Any boot log? Do you have FileVault drivers installed, or PS2 / USB *.efi drivers for KB-Mouse? Using AptioMemory* or OsxAptio*?

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

There is a bug in AudioDxe-64.efi provided in Clover repo.

If you want PlatAsync=true then you have to replace it by the driver from here AudioPkg-R1-RELEASE.zip

I am working to fix the mistake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slice said:

There is a bug in AudioDxe-64.efi provided in Clover repo.

If you want PlatAsync=true then you have to replace it by the driver from here AudioPkg-R1-RELEASE.zip

I am working to fix the mistake.

Actually, from r4843 (or earlier); provided AudioDxe-64.efi also made stuck at Apple logo if BootChimeDxe.efi is installed on \efi\clover\drivers64uefi. (Since you've suggested to not discuss about BootChimeDxe here so, I never reported this issue).

1 minute ago, Badruzeus said:

Actually, from r4843 (or earlier); provided AudioDxe-64.efi also made stuck at Apple logo if BootChimeDxe.efi is installed on \efi\clover\drivers64uefi. (Since you've suggested to not discuss about BootChimeDxe here so, I never reported this issue).

Moreover PlayAsync caused broken sound so why I implemented the switch YES/NO.

Some mistakes already resolved in Goldfish repo and in Clover but not finally.

• Thanks 1